Sign in to follow this  
Mefista

DQ theories and headcanons+obscure trivia

Wanted to mention how it irks me that everything with a scaly skin gets lumped into Dragon family in Monsters games (and there's also Serpentia, who is clearly a demon).

Wanted to mention how it irks me that everything with a scaly skin gets lumped into Dragon family in Monsters games (and there's also Serpentia, who is clearly a demon).

Well the problem is that we cannot do what Pokemon is doing and make them duel families. That would be fun to think about

Rigor Mortex is Material + Boss

Leonyx is Beast + Boss

Nokturnus is Devil + Boss

Atlas is Beast + Devil

Orligon is Material + Dragon

• Upvote 1

Does anyone get vibes that the Joker universe is somehow related to that of Dragon Quest VIII's?

Same for VII and Monster 2's?

Well the problem is that we cannot do what Pokemon is doing and make them duel families. That would be fun to think about

Rigor Mortex is Material + Boss

Leonyx is Beast + Boss

Nokturnus is Devil + Boss

Atlas is Beast + Devil

Orligon is Material + Dragon

Yeah,that'd definitely solve a lot of problems.

Does anyone get vibes that the Joker universe is somehow related to that of Dragon Quest VIII's?

Same for VII and Monster 2's?

Idk?

Only know that Monsters 2 has orgodemirs (I have one) ^^

The only strong ties between the main series and Monsters are Terry's Wonderland tethered to VI, and Caravan Heart to VII. VIII connects to the Mystery Dungeon and Rocket Slime worlds, but not to Monsters in any capacity. Joker has done a pretty solid job creating a self-contained setting.

Yeah, I think it is just due to the influx of monsters from VII into Monsters 2, and VIII into Joker, plus they reuse some music and models.

Agreed.

I was digging the wiki for "Star vs forces of evil" (was trying to see if it's worth trying to watch, cause its art style is atrocious...no,it isn't worth it), and maybe it just me being sleepy, but there's that demon prince who has three red eyes (no makeup, but there are black vertical lines drawn through them), long ears pointing to sides, of which right has one earring and left few, and a purple tongue.Wiki states that "he is considered to be very attractive, as several girls in Echo Creek Academy stare at and whisper about him when he passes by".

Author seems to like japanese media.So it may not be coincidence,

Although said demon looks closer to Homestuck troll otherwise, and is in general hella lame.

Edit:his name's Tom Lucitor. He usually wears a dumb-looking teenager clothes, so here he is (in the middle) dressed up for the ball:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Mefista

From what I understand, Star vs. The Forces of Evil is a Magical Girl show, so that the author likes Japanese stuff is unsurprising.

That's what I think,too.Although lots of popular female creators seem to be in the "pees herself trying to capture "japanese"ness" category.

She also seems to dig Lisa Frank aesthetic.

Edited by Mefista

I am asking this for a lore standpoint, and if it will end up with spoilers then I please don't say it. In many spinoffs (IX, Monsters 2 3D) it states Rhaphthorne has the power to distort the space-time continuum or something. Now is there a statement like that in VIII? I know he can merge universes or something, but was that statement about space-time ever said?

I don't recall. Rhapthorne specifically had the ability to bridge dimensions, so space-time warping might be the mechanism of that power, but I don't recall it being specifically declared.

Okay, Rhapthorne wants to "unify" the world, and there was some vague process, but is it ever elaborated (I am at the final boss right now). Like was he going to physically fuse it with his brute strength? Or was he going to use his scepter, or what?

If I got the read correctly on the rest of this topic, he was most definitely going to be using his mystical scepter on something.

I don't recall. Rhapthorne specifically had the ability to bridge dimensions, so space-time warping might be the mechanism of that power, but I don't recall it being specifically declared.

What do you mean might be a "mechanism" for that?  They're directly synonymous.  One is another way of saying the other.  Manipulation of space-time is based on the Einstein-Rosen Bridge, and the continuation of that theory into string and membrane theory that there are multiple universes.  From there two versions/concepts.  One is a series of marbles/globes that interlock and interconnect, the other and more prevalent, based on the original concept of relativity, is universes on top of universes, meaning they're not physically interlocked, but literally sitting on top of one another.

The secondary theory better explains scenarios like the Green Children, the disappearing islands of the world like Sandy Island, and Taured.  It's also tapped into the same concept that all of what we classify as time is not an element of space, and doesn't even exist at all, but rather exists as a basis of perception alone.  As in whatever time period you think you're in, is part of an everpresent "now" based on the perception of the witness and mind itself.  This concept of time has lead to Simulation Theory, which is basically that we're witnessing a simulation that's already played out, but we're really on the outside with essentially VR headsets on, watching moments of the past.  It's also led to the other format of Simulation theory, which does not adhere to the idea we're only rewatching old movies, but that what we classify as the physical world IS a simulation that can be manipulated at will.  The latter theory is based on superposition and quantum mechanics (the former outright ignores Quantum mechanics entirely).

Essentially the concept is the same, whether we're talking space or time, though in DQ it seems time is treated as a separate element all of itself, and the translations are merely borrowing from the general concept of "space-time" continuum as one whole element, as per the original theory of relativity (which has since been disproven as a farce, but is still used in general cosmology, though physicists have stopped using it since Einstein's math has been disproven as impossible due to the presence of dividing mass by 0 at the point where the bridge connects...something black hole theory has drawn upon...they just don't dispute the general concept of relativity, only the math itself...but then physicists aren't interested as much in theories as in the practical mathematics).

My headcanon is that Nevan is the best character in the DQ series, but our minds aren't able to grasp Nevan backstory, so it was cut of the game.

Edited by Toonadri

What do you mean might be a "mechanism" for that?

One, that was amazing. Of all my interests, quantum physics is one of the least studied. Shame on me.

Two, I mean "mechanism" as in "the specific method of his power". In this sense, I suggested "space-time warping" as the specific method of "bridging dimensions" as opposed to, say, "magic" (either too broadly or ill-defined, perhaps), in which you might find another world by simply getting lost.

Rhapthorne is going to bridge worlds together by stacking them and then sitting on top, so his fat ass would be a catalysator for that XD

*I only've got 2 hours of sleep today, so I think I am hillarious*

• Upvote 1

I just realised that I forgot to post a thing on here when this thread switched from "implausible theories" to its current state.

Unfortunately for everyone but me and like 2 other people, said thing is a, uhm, theoretical canon basis for that crazy thing I wrote in the very first post.

Safe for work, but under the spoiler just in case:

1)in DQ-verse,there are only 2 anthro demon females with wings,and both have smaller,narrow wings with only two fingers.So it may be sexual dimorphism.

2)Orgodemir created his attractive anthro form himself, and, based on some events, he seems to be interested in women,so he prob specifically wanted to be appealing for the opposite sex.

3)if you look at the pictures of all anthro demonlords who have dragon-like wings and compare the appearance of each one's wings to Orgo's pretty form's ones, you'll see that his wings are definitely diffirent, with kind of unique shape (thanks to shorter extra finger with weird crescent-shaped claw), knobby joints and weirdly shaped topmost wing finger...I did a pic with said finger from his older and newer pics,and outlined shape - they have that weird...knot where finger becomes a claw, and general shape can be interprented as phallic

tumblr_messaging_ot76nu3CZ51r2kxah_1280.

Most important detail is that his wings are not shaped like that in his real centipede form,so it is definitely a design choice made for extra appeal.

Guest Nerdecai

So, my head cannon is based on one of the side characters in IV. In order to get the zenithian helm,  you had to get this king to laugh. So, naturally, you go back to the place where Maya and Meena were employed when they were first introduced and find a comedian, Tom Foolery. Anyway, he's in your party an extremely short  time as you can just sail north to show him off to the king and actually doesnt say anything funny but still convinces him that the world being safe would make him just as happy. 

So, he leaves your party right after and decides to become a wandering minstrel or something. Now, maya, for anyone who hasn't played 4, was jessica before 8 came out. She was the sex appeal character, and that made sense given she worked as a dancer. So, in a couple of lines (at least, when you chose to be a boy, idk what her lines are if the hero is a girl. i'll have to try that playthrough out when i buy the mobile for the party chat) that the hero is pretty good looking. But, she doesn't end up with him since he gets back with that girl who died at the beginning who looks like rose. Torneko has his wife, Alena has Kiryl, Meena is her sister, Borya's balls are dust and Ragnar can have whoever he wants just by wiggling his mustache, but I think he's a little old for Maya. What about Maya?

So, given she walks around half naked, everyone in the party knows whoever she settles down with is undoubtedly going to be way out of her league. But they're surprised when she comes home with Tom on her arm, acting like he's trying his hardest to impress her constantly. While he's telling Torneko the one about the king slime with anger issues, Meena takes Maya off to the other room and asks her what she sees in him.

In a Who Framed Roger Rabbit-esque moment, she replies, "He makes me laugh." 

Edited by Nerdecai
More detail, grammar

While I don't know about it in 4. I can confirm that in Heroes, choosing the female protagonist doesn't stop Maya from flirting with you. The dialogue is even changed just a touch.

I've heard from user (Mefista) that here are some intriguing headcanon theories about a strange occurrence of the people in modern, not medieval costumes. That DQ games are actually placed in the second time cycle from ours in some worlds (Earth-like)  after the modern time. Are there any suggestions from the official lore?) I'll be glad to re-discuss that. =)

Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, I'm afraid I can't recall any suggestions that any particular world is a post-apocalyptic Earth in particular (all I can think of is Shiver Star, from Kirby 64, but that's hardly relevant).

In terms of post-apocalyptic revisits, all I can think of is Caravan Heart, which takes place in Alefgard.

Thanks to Mefista I can finally post my two cents about the DQ Timeline c:

Dragon Quest Monster 1 (10 years before VI), Dragon Quest Monsters+ (some years after Monsters 1), Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (some years after Monsters+), Dragon Quest VI, followed by Dragon Quest IV (at least 100 years after VI), Dragon Quest X (10 years after IV), Dragon Quest V (at least 100 years after IV) 

Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (not long after Zoma's defeat), Emblem of Roto (~100 years after III), EoR:The Children who Inherit the Crest (20 years after EoR), Dragon Quest I/Kenshin (~100 years after EoR, still unclear), Dragon Quest II (100 years after I), Dragon Quest Monsters 3 (~100 years after II) 

-Abel Yushaa and Builders would be on alternates Timelines. AY would be an alternative III, in which Ortega did not die, since he is seen alive in the show, and it is implied that he is Abel's father. Since we can ask Xelon to actually bring back Ortega to life at the end of DQIII, this is, to me, a proof to alternate Timeline. 

-Builders would be an alternate Timeline too, one where Alef, DQI's hero, joined Lordragon. Builders 2 being to me the proof that the dream theory is false. 

-In an interview Horii confirmed that X is happening 10 years after IV. Firo being the son of Alina and Kyril/Christo/Clift (I don't know how you call him in English x) ) 

Finally, concerning XI... 

Spoiler

The time travel part, as long as the sword that breaks on two parts when breaking the Orb of Time makes me (among other people) believe that the Roto Timeline and the Zenith Timeline are twins. The Roto Timeline being the new one, and the Zenith Timeline being the one left by the hero. 

XI would therefore being placed as the oldest entry in the DQ Timeline. C:

-VIII could be either in the Roto or Zenith Timeline since there are Dragovians just like in X, (altho' differents in apparearence) and I (Lordragon and his grandson, encountered in II). Emblem of Roto stats that Lordragon is the son of Queen Dragon, a deity or demi-goddess, herself presumably a descendant of either King Zenith or Zenith Dragon.

-as for IX and VII, prffft, no idea where they could fit. No idea either for Daï's big Adventure, DQ of the Stars, the Joker serie or any other spin-off. 

Edited by Xiggy
incorrect stuff
  • Upvote 1

On another note, does anyone know how the Puff! spell works? For a long time I thought that only people with Dragovian blood could cast it, if they knew it, or if they had a percentage high enough. 

Maya from IV, for exemple, or even Avant from Daï's Big Adventure, being able to cast the spell and to turn into dragons, and the fact that Maya's dragon formed looks veeeery similar to Lordragon's dragon form (and by extension to the Lord of the Dragovians') was to me, a way to say that they did had some Dragovian blood, or DNA. 

Edited by Xiggy
Syntaxical error