Mefista

DQ theories and headcanons+obscure trivia

Ah,thankies^^ What's his name?

He is cute, but kind of both overdesigned AND underwhelming.Does he have any other form?

And if it does, may it be the Professional version.

His name seems to be Garumazard (Garumazaado).

1483179296.jpg

I'm totally guessing on the "-zard" part of his name; one of his skills is called "Dark Hazard" (Daakuhazaado), so I extrapolated from the similarities.

Amusingly enough, he seems to be the result of breeding two Super-Master Eggs and two King Tamagorons.

Edited by JaybirdC

So, he is a hazardous omelette, huh?

He looks like a male fusion of Diancee and Magearna, extrapolated in the DQ-verse my-crossover-dream-style XD

Also, the picture set the precious pic I posted was from also has a separate doodle of him:

tbexHMEUhjI.jpg

Yeah, he has a much more hideous final form IIRC, in the style of Hades Nergel and Zemergias(?)

Neither of these are "hideous" per se (Nelgel's looks dumb, just as his regular one, and other guy's awesome), but I see what you mean, and I am glad to know it)

I agree, Zemergias is one of the best designs Akira Toriyama has ever came up with (Up there with Hazama and Rigor Mortex IMO). If DQMJ3 comes out, I am gonna see if I can make a size 4 Zemergias.

I meant Nergel has his prettypoy "humanoid" form then his hideous monster form, and IIRC same was for Zemergias excpet he became more epic. IIRC this guy turned into some weird fusion of Senketsu from Kill la Kill and Orgodemir

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Yup,definitely ^^ I want a nice hq art of him.

Ah,I see what you meant)

I can't find a clear pic of it to post here ><

Hmmm, I think I can make or confirm some series if I find scans for a DQ manga called "ドラゴンクエスト 精霊ルビスä¼èª¬"

Good luck with that, I couldn't find a working link for it anywhere ><

Found some screen caps of Garmazard's (which is what I'm now calling him) One-Winged Angels.

Darth Garma (Daasugaruma)

3-min36.jpg

1-min38.jpg

Dagujagarma[?] (Dagujagaruma)

maxresdefault.jpg

a6e91913b54959852f7fb775e2d831c4.jpg

Edited by JaybirdC
  • Upvote 1

Cool!

Thanks, man ^^

The 3rd one looks like Senketsu + Estark + Orgo Demira

Ah, Orgo Demira, the true Demon King.

I dunno, but he does have some weird fusion-gone-wrong thing going on.

Edit: Then again, now that I know who he is, he's always got something going wrong with his transformations.

Edited by JaybirdC
  • Upvote 1

Ah, Orgo Demira, the true Demon King.

Indeed :P

I dunno, but he does have some weird fusion-gone-wrong thing going on.

He gives me a weird Monster Rancher vibe.

Ah,I see.

Nelgel still looks lame as hell.I can't understand what's it about him that makes me despise his very existence (I understand my distaste for LoZ's Ghirahim, who is clearly inspired by Orgodemir's sprite in original DQ7 and who, unlike Orgo, is so popular, his pixiv tag is seemingly endless).But here I am.

I swear, I want a Zemergias so much if we get DQMJ3. Like I think the King of Darkness, Rigor Mortex, and even AsuraZoma which is a very special monster to me  are cool, but I swear, I instantly loved Zemergias first time I saw him.

Nergel seems underwhelming to me; his ape-lizard form might be appropriate for someone Dhoulmagus-class, but as an endboss? Nuh-uh. There's no glory in him.

Nergel seems underwhelming to me; his ape-lizard form might be appropriate for someone Dhoulmagus-class, but as an endboss? Nuh-uh. There's no glory in him.

Rilgradide seems like he would be a much cooler final boss IMO

Shun 'Kanamee

Marry Zemergias then :P

Also, AsuraZoma is awesome, even though they replaced his original sickle with god-knows-what.

Rilgradide I do not like tho.

JaybirdC

Definitely.

I think y'all mean Rilgrade (the katakana is pronounced rirugureido), and he's got more of a Monsters from the Id vibe. Maybe the final boss of a chapter focusing on magic or psychic experimentation. You could almost pass him off as Robbin' Hood's ghost.

Demon Lord Madasegohra coulda been a good choice.

Rilgradide was an extragalactic demon king who destroys solar systems to gain treasure. He is pretty cool, though he would be fodder to characters in Dragon Quest IV, V, or VI. I wish there were more beings on the scale of Mortamor tbh, rending entire realities and being a multiversal threat.

At this point, this thread could be called "General lore, theories, and headcanons"

The first part is what we make the second and third parts out of!