Sign in to follow this  
Mefista

DQ theories and headcanons+obscure trivia

Eh, I just want to know if Rebiss and the Goddess are one and the same, and (2), who's the top god in the Quest multiverse. I want to say the Goddess.

Rubiss =/= The Goddess

In Dragon Quest VI you meet her, where she is subservient to Poseidon if anything at that time. However, after the world was saved, maybe she decided to make Torland, which was at peace for millenia until Zoma came from the Shadows, overthrew her, and started his world conquest.

Okay, I vaguely remember that (not the goddess' spelling, obviously). I need to go back and play VI again.

Still, I wish Dragon Quest would define its cosmology more. One of the most fascinating lines in IX is when Nine gets labeled "fate's chosen", which implies powers that be outclassing the Almighty.

We know The Goddess is the main creator god of most of Dragon Quest, and that she certainly is not omnipotent (Nimzo > her, Estark > her, and Nokturnus > her). The main god of destruction is Nokturnus, who is a loose cannon in a way.

What I want to know is what some of the god tiers in Dragon Quest Monsters 1/2 3D and Joker 3 are, and their roles.

Some day I wish I can learn japanese thoroughly and post a giant cosmology book for Square Enix to see. As it is, I would love to novelize the Dragon Quest games in a format akin to the ancient epics like the Iliad or Aeneid.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Well, lessee, as gods go, there's:

The Goddess, Rubiss, Xenlon, Grand Dragon (who's back as of Monsters Super Light), Zenith Dragon, Numen, the Almighty, Celestria, and the Metal Goddess that I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by JaybirdC

Well, lessee, as gods go, there's:

The Goddess, Rubiss, Xenlon, Grand Dragon (who's back as of Monsters Super Light), Zenith Dragon, Numen, the Almighty, Celestria, and the Metal Goddess that I can think of off the top of my head.

Grand Dragon is in Joker 3 too! One more reason I am depressed it will never be in America :(

Metal Goddess?

You forgot King Zenith, Malroth, and Leonyx too

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Mefista, i'm not trying to encourage the offtopic, I was going to state one of my Dragon Quest theories afterwards, but I was using my mom's laptop at the time, and the mouse went haywire and accidentally clicked post. I really don't feel like sharing my theory now, cause it would probably be dumb and stupid to most people anyways. 

Is there a real distinction between King Zenith and the Zenith Dragon? If he is, then sure, but on his own, I thought he was more Apus Major level.

I ignored Malroth because I grouped him and Nokturnus in with the demons. But, yes, add Leonyx! Also, add Empyrea to the list. She may not have chosen the term godbird for herself, but she's the tutelary entity (i.e. the definition of god) of Empycchu.

And, yes, Metal Goddess, from Monsters 2 3D and on, Goddess of EXP.

oKFwN7cWWj-570x400.png

@Dark Ember: After Mefista's wing theory, we might just be ready for anything. Shoot.

Dark Ember

Ah, understood^^

No,share the theory, all the theories that aren't stupid crossovers and sjw crap are welcome here ^^

• Upvote 1

Dark Ember

Ah, understood^^

No,share the theory, all the theories that aren't stupid crossovers and sjw crap are welcome here ^^

Okay, well i've been having this thought occur in my head that Maribel might be a reincarnation of Alena. It might actually be possible if you think about it and compare the two. That was the theory i've had for a while.

Hmmm, Metal Goddess, I should search up some lore for her, I am busy with revisions on Dragon Quest stuff for a wiki I use and she would be good.

Zenith Dragon and King Zenith are distinct as seen in Dragon Quest VI. I presume King Zenith was killed by Estark or something.

Dark Ember

That's a nice theory, although it's cause is the known problem of "only like 5 diffirent female personalities exist".

What is the japanese writing for Metal Goddess?

Whoop, my bad.

This is Metal Goddess (Metaru Goddesu in katakana in the sidebar on the right):

oKFENlUYC-570x400.png

The one I posted earlier was Metal Seraphim, new to Super Light.

Hmmm, I should get more into the lore for that, would help.

So, I believe Bianca herself was the true Zenithian hero and she did not fight Nimzo with the sword and armor because it would be too unfair

Dark Ember

That's a nice theory, although it's cause is the known problem of "only like 5 diffirent female personalities exist".

Do you mean personalities or people? Because if it's the second, reincarnations aren't the same people as their originals. Think of them like "spiritual heirs".

I think this may be the definition of having no life, but I made a document rating the power of Dragon Quest (P.S, they are much more powerful than Dragon Ball).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PYh4wAsQ_-sU6dLodoh2SZRtm-jIICJ37vWpzePFa0g/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Hmmm, Metal Goddess, I should search up some lore for her, I am busy with revisions on Dragon Quest stuff for a wiki I use and she would be good.

There's loads of lore implied by the Monsters series, which is why I'm mad they aren't getting published in the West. We keep missing out on cool stuff like RIgor Mortex's Bishounen Line.

1472638143.jpg

I think this may be the definition of having no life, but I made a document rating the power of Dragon Quest (P.S, they are much more powerful than Dragon Ball).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PYh4wAsQ_-sU6dLodoh2SZRtm-jIICJ37vWpzePFa0g/edit?usp=sharing

I will be reading this with great interest when I get the time.

I am so jealous that that is never coming to America, I am a massive fan of Rigor Mortex (On my way to making him in Joker 2 ATM, but the gem slime is so tedious!)

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

So I hear that in Dragon Warrior Monsters, when you meet Estark. He says something cryptic, that you are familiar and that he feels as though as he is in a dream. Which only points to one thing, more proof for the Terry = Estark theory.

JaybirdC

Personalities)

And also, that Rigor Mortex is cute ^^ I like bishounen lines.

Shun 'Kanamee

That file is neat, and I assure you that you do, in fact, have a ife, unlike me.

As for Estark in DQM...I am replaying it,and,once I reach him (won't be soon tho, I am struggling with beating the BattleRex [Hacksaurus] as of now), I'll write down what he is saying (can't screenshot cause I am playing on a mobile emulator - as in, Java one, my phone is Sony Ericsson z710i).

Or, to be devil's advocate, Estark is just drawing another parallel with the (at the time) recently released VI on the game's behalf and nudge at the dream motif; Monsters never quite went so far as to explicitly identify its Terry with VI's Terry, though it certainly implied it several times.

One big problem I have with the Terry and Estark theory is that they have really very little to do with each other in terms of design; Dragon Quest loves itself some Morphic Resonance (you can point out the similarities between Death Psaro and Estark fairly easily), and there aren't enough parallels between Estark and Terry to do that. They have different fighting styes, weapon arrays, and motivations (Estark wants a good fight, Terry is consumed with the hunt for combat prowess).

Edited by JaybirdC

Personalities

That's not fair, Dragon Quest has lots of personality stereotypes. (Okay, only four of them are female exclusive).

I'm just mad that the remakes of III don't have any flavor text for the personalities besides the ones you can get in the opening.

EDIT: Oh, NOW it doesn't combine posts.

Edited by JaybirdC

I hope someone does a fanlation of Dragon Quest Monsters 2, it seems like it could lead to a lot of lore answering or creating many theories

That would be cool, but I lack the romhacking knowhow to participate. Mostly I can make inexorably slow translation attempts at monsters by referring to Japanese fanwikis.

JaybirdC

You're right ^^ Terrytark theory, while seemingly interesting, realy doesn't hold.

It's not these personalities which I meant)