Sign in to follow this  
FionordeQuester

Anyway to alter sound files in DQ6?

I've always been dissatisfied with every version of the "World of Demons" theme, EXCEPT for the one that played on the original SFC. For some reason, every remade version of the song increases the pitch higher than it was originally intended; from the Symphonic Suite, to the DS release, to the iOS release, and etc.

So what I'd REALLY like to do, if it's possible, is to take what's in the base iOS game, and change it to sound like this instead:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=11D6m_X_m3k

It's a petty thing, I know; but that was seriously my favorite song in the SNES version. It's sad to me that no other version of it, IMO, does the original song justice.

It's possible, but you'll need a jail broken device. I actually made a video showing this off once.

I could make the file for you, but probably not for a couple days. I'm out of state.

Huh.  How easy is it to make?  I wouldn't want to hassle you if it's something I could easily do myself; especially since I'd also like to pitch down the Underwater Theme.

It requires some hex editing. I have the required info and tools, but I have to pack up tonight because we are going to a different city tomorrow.

Now that I think of it, I never did make custom music files (though I know it's possible, it's been done before), I just replaced the track with one from the DQ8 app.

In this case, it's incredibly simple.  Just download Audacity, get "World of Demons" and "Wandering Through Silence (the theme that plays when you sailing under water with Lorelei's Harp), convert them into MP3 files to port into Audacity, and just lower them both by three semi-tones (should be approximately a -15.9% change for both).  

That's literally all you have to do in terms of music editing :D !

Edited by FionordeQuester

If you want, I could just pitch down the files in the iOS version, they are of much higher quality than the DS ones.

If you want, I could just pitch down the files in the iOS version, they are of much higher quality than the DS ones.

Oh of course!  That's what I wanted; I just showed that DS video as an example.

Ok!