Plattym3

Vita RPGs...?

10 hours ago, eal said:

Uh oh...Criminal Girls 2 is actually pretty decent. Gross fan service aside, the presentation is okay. It’s no masterpiece. Every aspect of it is 6.5/10, but it would be a likeable game if it didn’t have the controversial (and, frankly, unnecessary) skeevy gameplay in it.

"decent"

"ok"

"6.5"

Stop overselling it @eal, there's no need for hyperbole!!!

Edited by Plattym3

Just now, Plattym3 said:

"decent"

"ok"

"6.5"

Stop overselling it @eal, there's no need for hyperbole!!!

Okay, when you see a game called Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors and you see the artstyle and character designs and that it has a rubbing mechanic, you’re first impression is gonna be way, way lower then 6.5. Drive Girls was bad. Criminal Girls 2 seems to have had some creativity put into it.

8 minutes ago, eal said:

Okay, when you see a game called Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors and you see the artstyle and character designs and that it has a rubbing mechanic, you’re first impression is gonna be way, way lower then 6.5. Drive Girls was bad. Criminal Girls 2 seems to have had some creativity put into it.

True.  Depending on the gamer, that's an easy 2.0 or 10 based on mechanics alone (aka how much you love to rub).

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

True.  Depending on the gamer, that's an easy 2.0 or 10 based on mechanics alone (aka how much you love to rub).

The rubbing stuff is actually annoying because you have to do it multiple times to each girl to acquire new skills, and it’s pretty repetitive. It could’ve easily been taken out and changed with something else.

Ended up getting Cosmic Star Heroine in the Golden Week Sale. Little did I realize it just released this week for Vita. 

The game is good and I haven't had any issues with gameplay yet. The writing is quite hilariously awesome and it addresses stuff well (like WTF spies having to buy their own gear from their employers). Battles are fun, but I felt far between. Lo & behold, from the main menu you can grind to your hearts content with replays of previous battles that earn you exp and gold! 

Sadly, the main menu is glitchy as hell (this IS release week). It made me restart once when I saved my game and then I couldn't back out of the menu. Changing difficulty, volume, and run/walk speed is all shot to hell. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. I tweeted at the developers, but figure I'll beat this in a week and it won't matter, but paying it forward! So far, stuff that really doesn't affect me. 

On 4/29/2018 at 11:36 AM, Plattym3 said:

Ended up getting Cosmic Star Heroine in the Golden Week Sale. Little did I realize it just released this week for Vita. 

The game is good and I haven't had any issues with gameplay yet. The writing is quite hilariously awesome and it addresses stuff well (like WTF spies having to buy their own gear from their employers). Battles are fun, but I felt far between. Lo & behold, from the main menu you can grind to your hearts content with replays of previous battles that earn you exp and gold! 

Sadly, the main menu is glitchy as hell (this IS release week). It made me restart once when I saved my game and then I couldn't back out of the menu. Changing difficulty, volume, and run/walk speed is all shot to hell. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. I tweeted at the developers, but figure I'll beat this in a week and it won't matter, but paying it forward! So far, stuff that really doesn't affect me. 

Not a Vita game but...I also got a game during the Golden Week sale. Three games as a bundle in fact. The Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy...

I didn’t plan on it, I actually meant to get the PS4 version of Fallen Legion, but it was a better deal and I’m on the roll with this Naruto thing.

I'm thinking of getting back into Darkest Dungeon. Or at least messing with the game for awhile. I blame my watching of Stranger Things making me interested in playing the game again, and wanting a change of pace game wise since I'm nearing the end of Ni no Kuni 2.

I'd like to start fresh since I don't remember how to play that well, and since it's been long enough since I did play my file I see no problem with restarting fresh.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I'm thinking of getting back into Darkest Dungeon. Or at least messing with the game for awhile. I blame my watching of Stranger Things making me interested in playing the game again

I can’t connect the dots on these two at all.

2 hours ago, eal said:

I can’t connect the dots on these two at all.

Maybe Darkest Dungeon IS the Upside Down! 

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Maybe Darkest Dungeon IS the Upside Down! 

You're not far off with that joke. All the #$*! that goes on in that game and all the monsters that roam the estate is because your ancestor opened a portal to a hell/eldritch dimension.

No Demogorgans or Mind Flayer, though, but that may be for the best.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I was beginning to think there was some problem getting the game rated by the ESRB when we hadn’t heard anything new about the status of Omega Labyrinth Z, but thankfully it’s been rated, so we know that hasn’t been an issue. Big surprise, it got an M rating.

I was beginning to think there was some problem getting the game rated by the ESRB when we hadn’t heard anything new about the status of Omega Labyrinth Z, but thankfully it’s been rated, so we know that hasn’t been an issue. Big surprise, it got an M rating.
Good to know they haven't added a higher level to ESRB than M.

Should've been rated E for "Enormous Boobs," or T for "Tits."

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
9 minutes ago, eal said:

Good to know they haven't added a higher level to ESRB than M.

There is a higher rating than M: AO, or Adults Only. You just never see them in regular stores.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AO-rated_video_games

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

It’s also worth noting that an AO rating would’ve totally killed its chances of coming. There has yet to be a single AO game given a retail release on a Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo console. PC only. And all three refuse to allow them to be sold on their systems.

15 minutes ago, eal said:

@Plattym3 Stardew Valley for May 22nd.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks for the heads-up. I probably wouldn't have seen that until tomorrow.  It's become my Tuesday afternoon custom to check out PSN sales & the status of the Vita port.  Somewhat perfect timing as I've just finished a huge 4,000 word essay and turned it in today.  The next step in my masters is the dissertation due at the end of August, so that's a good ways away!

There are 2 boys in my 5th grade class that have sunk a dozen plus hours into the Switch version over the past week and talk about it non-stop in class.  I shared this with them to let them know I'm finally going to be as cool as them.

15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Screw it. b897318212b5014a59b475e860d753ae.jpg

Haha! Not surprised you bit the bullet and already bought it! Hope you enjoy it.

Since it was finally confirmed with a date and it's a cross buy, I figured I'd play a little on remote play.

• Like 1

And they never heard from him again.

42 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Since it was finally confirmed with a date and it's a cross buy, I figured I'd play a little on remote play.

Sounds good to me. Does it have cross save features too, or is it only cross buy?

Sounds good to me. Does it have cross save features too, or is it only cross buy?
I asked the developer in his blog post, but no answer yet. My guess is just cross buy.

22 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I asked the developer in his blog post, but no answer yet. My guess is just cross buy.

If he responds, let me know. If it does have cross save, that will get me to buy much faster. I've loved the cross save feature in some games like Garou: Mark of the Wolves (fighting game), Darkest Dungeon and (when I eventually get to it) Final Fantasy X HD.

A game like Stardew Valley having it would be wonderful.