This is a few years old but it might help.

https://www.guidingtech.com/23000/back-up-data-from-digital-ps-vita-games/

At least with PS4 Sony has it so saved data is separate from the game, digital or physical. Had to take off a few digital games to make way for Monster Hunter World on my PS4, but thankfully the save data was totally separate so I could keep that on my system while removing the full game.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These two arrived in the mail this week. Got both directly from Amazon for a good price for new copies, and surprisingly the version of Cold Steel 1 ended up being the special edition one. That was a

Well, it is indeed true. You will only be able to buy PS3/PSP/Vita content through their respective stores. https://www.siliconera.com/sony-psn-store-will-drop-ps3-psp-vita-games-on-mobile-web-by

This one is a rhythm game with cooking as a backdrop. Haven’t played it yet, just about to pop it in. It looks like it’s a cooking battle and if you do better than your opponent, their clothes explode

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, eal said:
I’ve been trying to figure out if you can move saves around. I have a digital copy of P4 Golden and I want to move my save data to a physical copy, but most of what I’ve read up is “maybe cloud saving,” but I don’t want to risk 90 hours of gameplay on maybes.

Hmmmm... Digital to physical copy. Could you have the physical copy inserted, load up the game, have it open the save on the Vita, then save it to a new slot on the game? Unsure as I'm just thinking of how some 3ds games like Etrian Odyssey stored different saves for different slots in different locations.

See, to test that I need to buy the physical copy and even if it is $20 and I should get it anyways just because it’s a stapel game for the Vita, at the end of the day I’m a cheap #$*! and I want to know for sure it would work first.

20 hours ago, eal said:

Like, I didn’t even know there’s a physical copy of Builders with English subs from another region until a few days ago, and I’m considering getting it.

What version is this? I'd like to know since I don't want a digital copy of the game on my Vita.

What version is this? I'd like to know since I don't want a digital copy of the game on my Vita.
I'd guess Southeast Asia. Pendy talks about this often. It's because of Australia.
1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

If you go on Play-Asia, there’s a couple different versions, but one of them, it has the generic cover, not the Toriyama illustrated one, has English subs supposedly. I haven’t bought it yet. It’s $35 or so, with shipping probably barely over $40. Be alert, there’s a sale going on and other language options are on sale for $18. It says in the listing that it has English subtitles.

Square Enix sale for Vita (and PS4) games, guys.
Wahoo! Typically my Tuesday routine is to check the new sale at lunch, but I've been busy.

Probably will pick up X/X-2.

Vagrant Story any good?

Any others look good? I have FF8 and FF9
31 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Wahoo! Typically my Tuesday routine is to check the new sale at lunch, but I've been busy.

Probably will pick up X/X-2.

Vagrant Story any good?

Any others look good? I have FF8 and FF9

I have been told Tactics Ogre is good but can’t say anything on it personally. Look into it.

As usual the best stuff is on PS4.

I'll have to see what's for grabs on the Vita, but I did get FFIX's PS4 version thanks to the sale. Not sure when I'll replay it on there, but hey, I'll pick it up for nearly 50% off! The theme it came with is pretty cool too, and they picked the best song for it.

13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I feel like at some point I need to actually play FF7 before I continue to judge it.  Maybe I'll get it on Vita during the sale.

Hey, you still need to play FFIX and VIII. VII can wait.

3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Hey, you still need to play FFIX and VIII. VII can wait.

7 can wait.  

Made me think of... 

heaven_can_wait.jpg

Maybe I'll just wait 4 years and get the full remake for $10 on PSN.

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

7 can wait.  

Made me think of... 

heaven_can_wait.jpg

4 years from now we’ll just be getting the next trailer and the Sepiroth reveal.

22 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

7 can wait.  

Made me think of... 

heaven_can_wait.jpg

Yeah, if it's even released in the next 4 years.

Besides, the remake is going to be an action RPG, not turn based. So that immediately takes it off your list!

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah, if it's even released in the next 4 years.

Besides, the remake is going to be an action RPG, not turn based. So that immediately takes it off your list!

So, I should just get the original for $5 knowing that I won't get around to playing it for 4 years.

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

So, I should just get the original for $5 knowing that I won't get around to playing it for 4 years.

That would work. Just set it the bottom of the do to list.

Not all RPGs but I got around to using my Amazon gift cards and, on top of IA/VT Colorful, which I’ve been waiting to arrive, I got Exist Archive, Xonic, and Underwater Ray Romano: Mask of Deception. Exist Archive is supposedly like Valkyrie Profile and it’s constantly being sold for like $9 brand new on Amazon.

9 minutes ago, eal said:

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

My Atlus masochistic ways are playing these games. Damn my love of a good Atlus RPG.

Jokes aside, I do hope P4 Golden will improve my opinion on Persona 4. Wasn't all that into the PS2 version despite making it to the Heaven dungeon (it took a LOOOOONG time to get there, like 2 years maybe), but I'm a believer of second chances so I'll see and hope I enjoy the game more now.

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

My Atlus masochistic ways are playing these games. Damn my love of a good Atlus RPG.

Jokes aside, I do hope P4 Golden will improve my opinion on Persona 4. Wasn't all that into the PS2 version despite making it to the Heaven dungeon (it took a LOOOOONG time to get there, like 2 years maybe), but I'm a believer of second chances so I'll see and hope I enjoy the game more now.

What exactly did you dislike about it again?

35 minutes ago, eal said:

What exactly did you dislike about it again?

I just wasn’t a fan of the gameplay at the time. Everything else was fine, just wasn’t really into the dungeon/battle gameplay. Things changed somewhat after playing 3 and 5 since they were so similar in gameplay, which is why I’m retrying Persona 4.

Only thing I’m still not a fan of is how bosses lack an elemental weakness, and that complaint only comes from playing other SMT games first. 

50 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I just wasn’t a fan of the gameplay at the time. Everything else was fine, just wasn’t really into the dungeon/battle gameplay. Things changed somewhat after playing 3 and 5 since they were so similar in gameplay, which is why I’m retrying Persona 4.

Only thing I’m still not a fan of is how bosses lack an elemental weakness, and that complaint only comes from playing other SMT games first. 

I actually appreciated that P4 didn’t have bosses with easy weaknesses to exploit. I don’t think I had to retry a ton of bosses in P5 except for Futaba’s Palace, and the last three bosses but those were unexpected desperate attacks I personally did not properly prepare for. I struggle a lot more against P4 bosses but that was because they’re required strategy beyond basic Pokémon-esque type matching.