Just reset everything (last user forgot to sign out). Logged in, got my free Builders game and then noticed that the Dragon Fantasy Book 2 I bought a year ago on PS4 works for Vita too! I'm so freaking excited about that! Will probably play that before Persona 4! I got like 2-3 hours into it on PS4 and really liked it with the monster recruitment and all and then life happened.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These two arrived in the mail this week. Got both directly from Amazon for a good price for new copies, and surprisingly the version of Cold Steel 1 ended up being the special edition one. That was a

Well, it is indeed true. You will only be able to buy PS3/PSP/Vita content through their respective stores. https://www.siliconera.com/sony-psn-store-will-drop-ps3-psp-vita-games-on-mobile-web-by

This one is a rhythm game with cooking as a backdrop. Haven’t played it yet, just about to pop it in. It looks like it’s a cooking battle and if you do better than your opponent, their clothes explode

Posted Images

Just reset everything (last user forgot to sign out). Logged in, got my free Builders game and then noticed that the Dragon Fantasy Book 2 I bought a year ago on PS4 works for Vita too! I'm so freaking excited about that! Will probably play that before Persona 4! I got like 2-3 hours into it on PS4 and really liked it with the monster recruitment and all and then life happened.

There are several games that let you get a PS4 and PS Vita version, which is nice. If I ever get a Vita I would be able to download Day of the Tentacle Remastered and Skullgirls 2nd Encore free of charge.

Sony may not support the Vita, but thank goodness developers do in their own way.

• Upvote 1

I didn't realize all the Persona games are available on Vita. Interesting.

Quick tip on Persona 2: there are two games, or the Persona 2 duology. The first is Innocent Sin, and the second is Eternal Punishment.

Basically it's like the Shin Megami Tensei IV games on 3DS: the second game acts as a direct sequel from a new perspective.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Yes, P2 dualogy is my favorite.

As for the Vita availability, P1 is the PSP remake with the game restoring things like the Snow Queen quest and character changes, as they butchered some things when they localized the original PS1 release.

P2 Innocent Sin is the PSP remake, Eternal Punishment is the PS1 release.

Funnily enough, IS PS1 never got released overseas, but EP did.

And they remade both for PSP, but there was some hooplah about releasing the EP PSP version overseas, so they released the PSOne Classic.

P3 is P3P, which adds a female protagonist, some new social links, but removes the exploration aspect on the field that was in the original.

Also lacks FES content The Answer but has full party control, unlike the PS2 releases.

And P4G you likely know about.

P5 you can remote play on Vita too, if you're into that.

Thanks for the info. I've never played 1 minute of a Persona game ever, but enjoyed the stuff in Persona Q, so maybe that will have been my gateway game to this popular series.

Btw, my first impressions of my Vita are positive. Love this grip the guy gave me with it. Played Builders for an hour last night and LOVED IT. Here's why: I could see stuff! See, I need glasses to drive and watch movies, but really other than those 2 times, I never wear them. So, laying in bed playing PS4, I know I miss some details, but I can really see them here with the Vita 1.5 feet from my face. Unexpected bonus!

Love that Dragon Fantasy has cross-over save ability. Can't wait to get home and save my PS4 game and send it over. Although, it's been a year, so maybe I should start over. I think I was 3-5 hours into it. Then again, I should start Persona 4 first.

I did go through the entire RPG section online with Vita. I'd like to maybe in the future get other Persona games if I like this one and the FFX & X-2 game at some point. I'll have to keep my eyes open for sales from now on!

Also, Stardew Valley is heavily rumored to have a Vita release at some point. Apparently there are Vita trophies listed for it even though it's only out for PS4 now. Been wanting a console release for that game for a year or 2 now.

I look forward to Platty joining Team Chie in the waifu wars.

#thecarnivorewho'sdiscardedwomanhood

#thespunkydragonwithdeadlylegs

She's straight?

She's straight?

Ironically, the straightest looking member of your group is the gayest.

I am strongly considering buying one from Amazon,I know the current model does have 1 GB internal storage,would that be enough for Adventures of Mana? If so then I can hold off on getting a memory card till next month when I will be able to get the 64 GB.I am thinking of  getting this   primarily for Adventures of Mana since I don't like mobile games due to forced touch screen controls and Ys.

Are there any other really good RPGS or Action RPGs that are Vita Exclusive besides the Persona\Shin Megami games?

I am asking because I would hate to spend all that money to buy a Vita, if Square actually does release Adventures of Mana on PC or PS4,and if Ys gets ported to PC like a lot of the other games in the series have been.If that happened and there was nothing else I am interested in since I already got PSP for a Portable PS1 plus its own really good games,it would just be waste of money especially considering the price of the Memory Cards.

Before anyone asks its not that I am not interested in the Persona\Shin Megami Games its just that when it comes to RPGs especially JRPG's I have a very set taste and having never played any of them,I don't know if I would be interested.

For example I don't care for strategy/tactical RPGs, My preferred types seems to be Classic especially SNES Era Final Fantasy,Dragon Quest Style and Action RPGs.There are probably others but I know for a fact that Tactical,Strategy and Card Based are not for me.It really depends on the Battle,Progression systems and the rest of the gameplay.

The most current model comes with an 8GB memory card, assuming you're buying it new.

Oh they do,well that's really good news than,thank you especially yes I do plan on buying it new from Amazon.This is the model I planning on getting https://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-WiFi/dp/B00PV515DU/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1493624811&sr=1-1&keywords=playstation+vita

That means I can hold of on getting a bigger memory card till next month.

Edited by Mad slime
  • 1 month later...

Platty, have you played Buidlers on your Vita yet (the actual Vita version or through Remote Play)? If you have, how is it?

Platty, have you played Buidlers on your Vita yet (the actual Vita version or through Remote Play)? If you have, how is it?

I played the Vita version (winning a free code for it was what initially prompted me to get the Vita). It's good. Really no different from the PS4 version. I played about halfway through the first chapter. Well, maybe a bit less. Basically what the old demo used to take you through. Good version!

Thanks for the info. I've never played 1 minute of a Persona game ever, but enjoyed the stuff in Persona Q, so maybe that will have been my gateway game to this popular series.

Btw, put in 60+ hours now, and absolutely loving it!

I played the Vita version (winning a free code for it was what initially prompted me to get the Vita). It's good. Really no different from the PS4 version. I played about halfway through the first chapter. Well, maybe a bit less. Basically what the old demo used to take you through. Good version!

Btw, put in 60+ hours now, and absolutely loving it!

Is there any slow down or anything on the Vita version? I think it was Erdrick who said there were some issues. I'm just curious for comparisons sake.

Oh, and how much space did it take on your memory card? Didn't you get a 16 GB one?

I did get a 16GB one, yeah. Looks like DQB is only 300MB.

I haven't noticed issues, but I haven't played it much. I've had some Persona fever!

Really, only 300 MB? Figured it would be a lot bigger.

C'mon, Sony. Stream to PS4 or port to Vita!

d459a23f294322d0b2e875d44bd46065.jpg

$#!&, that's a good price.

Maybe there's a Final Fantasy sale too?

$#!&, that's a good price.

Maybe there's a Final Fantasy sale too?

I searched all 179 sale items, but nothing other than FFXV that I recall.

Chief, you HAVE heard of PlayStation Now right?
Yes. It doesn't work with this from everything I've read.

It's a subscription-based program. Stream PS3 games. Ni no Kuni is on the list of compatible games.

It's a subscription-based program. Stream PS3 games. Ni no Kuni is on the list of compatible games.
Oh, that one. I was looking at PSNow rentals like I did with the Rune Factory Tides of Destiny game. Oh well, nah I'm not paying that for a game or two. I want $7.99