• 1 month later...
  • Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These two arrived in the mail this week. Got both directly from Amazon for a good price for new copies, and surprisingly the version of Cold Steel 1 ended up being the special edition one. That was a

Well, it is indeed true. You will only be able to buy PS3/PSP/Vita content through their respective stores. https://www.siliconera.com/sony-psn-store-will-drop-ps3-psp-vita-games-on-mobile-web-by

This one is a rhythm game with cooking as a backdrop. Haven’t played it yet, just about to pop it in. It looks like it’s a cooking battle and if you do better than your opponent, their clothes explode

Posted Images

I am currently playing through the Code: Realize series of visual novels. But instead of going through each route one game at a time, I think it would be more fun to play through each character’s route through all three games.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 9:54 AM, eal said:

I am currently playing through the Code: Realize series of visual novels. But instead of going through each route one game at a time, I think it would be more fun to play through each character’s route through all three games.

lol glad I didn’t do this. With the first two games fully completed (okay, I’m halfway done with the last route in the second game), I did some research into the last game, Wintertide Miracles, and uh, the chronology of these games are a bit of a mess.

The first game has you just go through the five routes available, nice and easy. The second game offers an extra 2-3 hour mini story for each route that continues the narrative from where they ended in the first game. However, the second game also includes a story that is meant to be placed right before the point at which the routes split off in the first game, so it’s canon among all routes. There are also two new routes: a new guy to romance and one of the antagonists, who is the heroine’s brother, gets a storyline where he survives (he dies in all other routes) and is redeemed. From what I can tell, the third game continues the narrative from the brother’s route of Game 2 instead of picking up from where the mini stories left off. This is because it is the one route where there is no romancing a character, so they can have another game where you romance a character from the beginning, whereas every route but the new romantic route from Game 2 ends with marriage.

If I had played each guy’s route through all three games one at a time, I would have been totally lost because there are a number of new characters that were added in with Game 2’s new storyline they pasted into the narrative and a character that’s supposed to be an enemy and also dead is just chilling with you like it’s no big deal.

This might be for the best because the first game had an issue where only one guy gets what could be considered the “true ending.” The common route introduces numerous storylines, but only one route concludes all of them, while the other four dudes get half-resolved endings. The brother route, if memory serves, wraps up all the plot threads in the first game just as the true ending did, so every guy has the same starting point, rather than one being favored over all the others.

I can’t believe I’ve dedicated so many words to the Code: Realize franchise.

• Like 1

I can’t believe I’ve dedicated so many words to the Code: Realize franchise.

When you realize...
  • Like 1

Just a general warning...

Don't leave your Vita idle for months uncharged. Internal battery dies. RIP, Vita. Vita no longer meant life for this unit.

Just a general warning...
Don't leave your Vita idle for months uncharged. Internal battery dies. RIP, Vita. Vita no longer meant life for this unit.
How long did you leave it plugged in? I've had that fear a couple times, but leaving it plugged in for hours has revived it just fine.
  • 2 weeks later...

I let it sit for about 2 hours the first time. Upon learning it, did it for about 5 hours the next day, and left it plugged the next day.

Sadly nada. I sold it, noting it's condition. Unfortunately there's no way I could muster the stability to do the soldering for a new battery (my hands shake really bad)

• Like 1