Plattym3

Vita RPGs...?

And to think Sony gave up on the Vita with quality content games like that. I’m sure it will get ported to the Switch soon enough along with the 5-Page Pee Apology DLC.

Sony pushed the Vita hard as a mini-console. Most of the early games are ports of major Sony first-party games, spin-offs of existing franchises, and new IPs meant to show what the Vita was capable of. When it didn’t end up selling and they abandoned it, it became home to almost exclusively visual novels, dungeon crawlers, rhythm games, and retro-style indie games.

12 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m sure it will get ported to the Switch soon enough along with the 5-Page Pee Apology DLC.

This will likely be a line in her essay:

D4CCA113-3CBD-474D-9BDC-F20214CBDAFA.thumb.jpeg.7f407ef37c08533736d37c3029beb566.jpeg

So, pretty pumped after a marathon lesson on Vita hacking today.

In the end, I can now add PSP and older games (SNES, GBA, NES, etc.) to my Vita myself.

But more exciting than that: I got some TiTS in High Def!

Trails in the Sky 2 came out here on the PSP and Trails in the Sky 3 only came out via PC. I'd purchased them both like 2 years ago, but hadn't touched 2 TitS yet, let alone 3. Today I got them on my Vita. They came out via Vita with upgraded assets in Japan only, but with English versions out, the hacking community I guess (relatively) easily patched both games. The 3rd one is up and running and 2 is about an hour away from being there too.

I'm no graphics snob at all, so while I'll play the upgraded 2 TitS just because, I'm most excited that I won't have to play 3 TiTS on my PC.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

but hadn't touched 2 TitS yet, let alone 3.

This makes me think of the three-boobed woman in Total Recall. (Speaking of, when I googled to make sure I was thinking of the right movie because all those old sci-fi movies blend together in my head, the search suggestions refer to them as “three hands”)

• Like 1

This makes me think of the three-boobed woman in Total Recall. (Speaking of, when I googled to make sure I was thinking of the right movie because all those old sci-fi movies blend together in my head, the search suggestions refer to them as “three hands”)

047cbe0058e38385dc32ea810fac2299.jpg

And now I'm wondering why three hands girls is a thing.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

So, pretty pumped after a marathon lesson on Vita hacking today.

In the end, I can now add PSP and older games (SNES, GBA, NES, etc.) to my Vita myself.

But more exciting than that: I got some TiTS in High Def!

Trails in the Sky 2 came out here on the PSP and Trails in the Sky 3 only came out via PC. I'd purchased them both like 2 years ago, but hadn't touched 2 TitS yet, let alone 3. Today I got them on my Vita. They came out via Vita with upgraded assets in Japan only, but with English versions out, the hacking community I guess (relatively) easily patched both games. The 3rd one is up and running and 2 is about an hour away from being there too.

I'm no graphics snob at all, so while I'll play the upgraded 2 TitS just because, I'm most excited that I won't have to play 3 TiTS on my PC.

Doing all kinds of tweaking to your Vita?

spacer.png

• Like 1

Of course. 100% legal and legit and all... yep, that's me!

24 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Of course. 100% legal and legit and all... yep, that's me!

Now if you only used those powers to play the fan translation of Mother 3. One day I’ll get you to play a Mother/Earthbound game...

Now if you only used those powers to play the fan translation of Mother 3. One day I’ll get you to play a Mother/Earthbound game...
Actually, that was part of a conversation today, GBA literally just for that.

Finally slapped a skin on my Vita! It’s great. I’m really bad at applying these things and I was able to peel, unpeel, and peel it back on again and again until I got it how I want it.

2D7F72A5-5B68-44A2-902B-225969C460BC.thumb.jpeg.92a900a9db7e7fa9f682b8f4561f7fbc.jpeg2E939ED5-09B8-4986-96C4-6B910D0EB93E.thumb.jpeg.9df660303ad4a343de83c0af77c00b1f.jpeg

• Like 1

I finished playing the main story of The House in Fata Morgana. I’ll say that I had some problems with some of the character-related stuff. The Third Door in particular drove me up the wall with how it kept pointing out tragedy would’ve been avoided if Jacopo just talked to his wife because that situation was annoyingly contrived. But I liked all the twists and turns, especially the nature of the protagonist’s situation. The music is also god-tier. Pretty much every song sounded like this:

But it was weird how the songs just stopped and restarted after a brief pause when I’m used to game music looping. I’m thinking of getting the soundtrack at some point.

It was flawed but I don’t regret playing it and really enjoyed a lot of aspects of it. I still have the prequel story and the sorta epilogue to play, which are about 10-12 hours each so I’m not done yet and I won’t be done with this universe for a few weeks at least.

Popped open Senran Kagura: Bon Apetit! and this was in the instruction manual:

717318E3-DC8A-4C1B-B1E7-405E12D0B921.thumb.jpeg.0de8734f95120f8509266a78c0fb1b30.jpeg

Popped open Senran Kagura: Bon Apetit! and this was in the instruction manual:
717318E3-DC8A-4C1B-B1E7-405E12D0B921.thumb.jpeg.0de8734f95120f8509266a78c0fb1b30.jpeg
I tried one of those SR battle games after laughing about it with some RPGamer staff after talking muosu games, but the controls were... not good. No amount of side boob is worth bad controls. Hell, at least Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed had decent battling.

That's a cooking game?

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I tried one of those SR battle games after laughing about it with some RPGamer staff after talking muosu games, but the controls were... not good. No amount of side boob is worth bad controls. Hell, at least Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed had decent battling.

That's a cooking game?

This one is a rhythm game with cooking as a backdrop. Haven’t played it yet, just about to pop it in. It looks like it’s a cooking battle and if you do better than your opponent, their clothes explodes off more and more.

• Like 1

This game has some of the most fatal flaws you can commit in a rhythm game, and they’re ones I’ve never seen happen before.

First, we all know Senran Kagura is a pervy series, so you can expect clothes coming off. And Bon Appetit! presents its gameplay as a cooking battle, where two girls compete to have the best dish. There are two short sections of a song, which will be interrupted by your food being rated against your opponent’s dish, and if you succeed, her clothes will be damaged. There’s a pause in the gameplay so this is all well and good. However, if you succeed during the first two sections, in the middle of the third part, if you succeed in hitting a heart-shaped note, the visuals on the screen will change to your opponent’s T&A shoved in your face...while you’re trying to focus on hitting the notes at the bottom of the screen. This is extra pointless because you’re “rewarded” by getting to gawk at this girl after the song is done. It just distracts you.

Now, going back to the fact that this is a cooking battle, it appears these songs are character specific. So if I want to play a specific song, I have to remember which girl it’s associated with and pick her as an opponent instead of selecting a song... It’s not that big of a deal because these songs are like grey paste in that none really stand out, but to someone who might be really into this music, this seems like a needless headache.

• Like 1

Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! has some pretty bizarre, yet fatal, design issues. Along with the ones I mention earlier, there is also an issue with difficulty at every possible angle.

When I started the story mode, I chose Asuka, the main character, and breezes through her story, only for the final round to be one of the hardest songs in the game. You see, each story has five rounds, and you compete against a different girl out of 22 in each round. And because songs are assigned to one specific girl, the story mode has a wildly fluctuating difficulty. The last round could be easier than the previous four.

There are a few other issues. For example, Hard difficulty utilizes all 8 buttons, which is unreasonable, and there doesn’t seem to be difficulty displayed next to each girl to let you know how hard the song is.

I don’t know why I’m expecting basic mechanics from a tiddy game.

• Like 1

Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! has some pretty bizarre, yet fatal, design issues. Along with the ones I mention earlier, there is also an issue with difficulty at every possible angle.
When I started the story mode, I chose Asuka, the main character, and breezes through her story, only for the final round to be one of the hardest songs in the game. You see, each story has five rounds, and you compete against a different girl out of 22 in each round. And because songs are assigned to one specific girl, the story mode has a wildly fluctuating difficulty. The last round could be easier than the previous four.
There are a few other issues. For example, Hard difficulty utilizes all 8 buttons, which is unreasonable, and there doesn’t seem to be difficulty displayed next to each girl to let you know how hard the song is.
I don’t know why I’m expecting basic mechanics from a tiddy game.
What it sounds like is you went into the game fully expecting tits. Butt, what you got was ass.
  • Like 1

With that Senran Kagura game done, I’m moving onto a totally different game that I’ll probably like more: VA-11 Hall-A. It’s sorta a visual novel with a retro anime game visuals where you serve drinks to patrons of a bar and they tell you about their lives in the cyberpunk world the game takes place in. I’ve been itching to jump into this so I’m hoping it lives up to the wait.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:07 PM, eal said:

With that Senran Kagura game done, 

What did you consider "done" for that game.  I was bored last night so booted it up for 50 minutes and beat one girls entire quest.  I was surprised it even showed credits, that's not something I'd ever seen in under an hour.  Did you do all 8 or 10 girls that the game gave?

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Did you do all 8 or 10 girls...

That’s getting too personal, Platty.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

What did you consider "done" for that game.  I was bored last night so booted it up for 50 minutes and beat one girls entire quest.  I was surprised it even showed credits, that's not something I'd ever seen in under an hour.  Did you do all 8 or 10 girls that the game gave?

lol the physical copy came with 22 story modes. I considered the game “done” when I did them all.

• Like 1

lol the physical copy came with 22 story modes. I considered the game “done” when I did them all.
It's on my hacked Vita, I think it just gave me 8 or 10, the rest are DLC.

6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

emoji848.png It's on my hacked Vita, I think it just gave me 8 or 10, the rest are DLC.

The physical version is the Full Course version that comes with another set of dueling schools. Not the best set of characters.

1 minute ago, eal said:

The physical version is the Full Course version that comes with another set of dueling schools. Not the best set of characters.

Ah, I see. OK, hacking in the other half to see if that does it.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Ah, I see. OK, hacking in the other half to see if that does it.

If you’re interested in hideously large and shiny boob tumors in ugly outfits then this is the DLC for you.