Plattym3

Vita RPGs...?

A couple months back there was a Kickstarter for an unofficial book detailing the history of the Vita’s first year. I ignored it at the time, but later found out it was actually an extremely well produced book for a fan project, and had a lot of content packed into its 100 pages. Along with a timeline of its first year, there’s also a couple interviews and a large number of retrospective’s on the Vita’s biggest first few games.

A second Kickstarter for years two and three rolled out and I decided to back it, making sure to back the tier that got me the first book as well. It came in while I was on vacation and I looked through it today and it is indeed a nifty little book to add to my game shelf. I even learned about some smaller indie games that came out early in the Vita’s lifecycle and learned a little bit more about games I haven’t played yet and might look into in the future.

• Like 1

A couple months back there was a Kickstarter for an unofficial book detailing the history of the Vita’s first year. I ignored it at the time, but later found out it was actually an extremely well produced book for a fan project, and had a lot of content packed into its 100 pages. Along with a timeline of its first year, there’s also a couple interviews and a large number of retrospective’s on the Vita’s biggest first few games.
A second Kickstarter for years two and three rolled out and I decided to back it, making sure to back the tier that got me the first book as well. It came in while I was on vacation and I looked through it today and it is indeed a nifty little book to add to my game shelf. I even learned about some smaller indie games that came out early in the Vita’s lifecycle and learned a little bit more about games I haven’t played yet and might look into in the future.
Got a link or pic to it?

11 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Got a link or pic to it?

The Kickstarter ended a bit ago but here’s a video of someone looking through and reviewing the first book:

https://youtu.be/N4DfQ1XzFsg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

35E19EE0-69B3-4E22-8014-BB2FCAFB36FC.thumb.jpeg.a0bfa2df215246fb9880a705cb903df6.jpegI found a new copy for a great price so I couldn’t resist.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

These two arrived in the mail this week. Got both directly from Amazon for a good price for new copies, and surprisingly the version of Cold Steel 1 ended up being the special edition one. That was a nice surprise.

9lUbgbz.jpg

I have to laugh how most of my physical Vita library is now Falcom games. I’m not complaining since I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve played from them, but it’s just kind of funny.

• Like 1

I have exactly 3 physical Vita games: Cold Steel 1 & 2, and Persona 4 Dancing. It's been almost totally digital on there for me.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I have exactly 3 physical Vita games: Cold Steel 1 & 2, and Persona 4 Dancing. It's been almost totally digital on there for me.

I only have 7 physical ones now. Cold Steel 1 & 2, Ys Memories of Celceta, Ys VIII, Persona 4 Golden, Dragon’s Crown, and World of Final Fantasy. There’s some other physical games I’d like to get, but it’s no rush.

I think this is the same reaction Sony has whenever someone brings up the Vita.

spacer.png

Well, the point is to get away from being anchored to the TV.

I actually just cancelled my preorder of a physical copy of Stardew Valley over this. I don't know how I expected to play it on my PS4 when I rarely play PS4, but I had one ordered. Rumors of a Vita port in the future and Vita tags on the PS trophies seem to indicate it'll happen. Being a HUGE Rune Factory fan, I've wanted to play that game for a long time.

I'm thinking this is going to happen. Just gotta see if I want to buy a used one locally or from Amazon/eBay.
Reading back though this is funny. I have ZERO recollection of ever pre-ordering STV.

Spent the last two weeks or so playing through all the routes in Bad Apple Wars, an otome VN. Some were definitely better than others. The last route I did, the route with the main guy, actually had a really gross ending where your character gets together with him at the end after her high school graduation, and he is at that point an adult man deep into his 20s at the very least. Otherwise the rest of the endings were fine. I didn’t expect one of them to be your soul exploding to pieces but there are weirder endings in other VNs.

It’s a good starter VN. The routes are color coded and you have a flowchart to keep track of what you’ve done. Each route has about 4 hours of unique scenes and can be maybe 6-7 hours long if you don’t skip scenes you’ve already, well, seen. The music is diverse and honestly very good to listen to outside of the game. Visually, it’s very pretty, and not just the character designs, but the menus as well. Extra credit for a kind portrayal of a cross-dresser who is allowed to be himself and isn’t the butt of jokes.

8.5/10.