Plattym3

Vita RPGs...?

Just a heads up that there’s a Square Enix sale on the PSN store.

• Like 1

Just a heads up that there’s a Square Enix sale on the PSN store.
I double checked. I think I've bought all their stuff I'd want. Time for Atlus to have a sale!

Oh hey, Romancing SaGa 2 is part of the sale. I might have to buy that since it’s 50% off.

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oh hey, Romancing SaGa 2 is part of the sale. I might have to buy that since it’s 50% off.

Is that supposed to be a good one?

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Is that supposed to be a good one?

From everything I’ve heard, yes.

Started playing Child of Light and basically almost instantly bought the soundtrack.

• Like 1

I’m jinxing myself by saying this but if Child of Light continues to be this fun (first boss, first party member, and flying unlocked is where I’m at), it might end up becoming one of my favorite RPGs.

The art and the overall vibe (music, the cheesy rhyming dialogue, the story) is very much my aesthetic, the combat adds some unique stuff to the turn-based formula that gives attack order some strategy, I’m told it’s shorter than average, which suits my busy lifestyle lately, and the characters are charming. It’s all very much like a storybook and I love that.

• Like 1

I’m jinxing myself by saying this but if Child of Light continues to be this fun (first boss, first party member, and flying unlocked is where I’m at), it might end up becoming one of my favorite RPGs.
The art and the overall vibe (music, the cheesy rhyming dialogue, the story) is very much my aesthetic, the combat adds some unique stuff to the turn-based formula that gives attack order some strategy, I’m told it’s shorter than average, which suits my busy lifestyle lately, and the characters are charming. It’s all very much like a storybook and I love that.

I really did love that game. I found the battles far to limiting to make it great. So many fun characters, but two at a time was too limiting especially when monsters stop someone's turn. The flying and rhyming were awesome, yes! Art? Amazing! Yes, I think I clocked in around 12 hours and I earned every single trophy. There's no platinum and nothing crazy to do to earn them all.

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I really did love that game. I found the battles far to limiting to make it great. So many fun characters, but two at a time was too limiting especially when monsters stop someone's turn. The flying and rhyming were awesome, yes! Art? Amazing! Yes, I think I clocked in around 12 hours and I earned every single trophy. There's no platinum and nothing crazy to do to earn them all.

Yeah, I looked them up and you can get them basically by just doing normal stuff in the game, just as they should be earned.

The limit on party members is fine to me because I feel like having too many characters to manage with the way turns works could be a total cluster#$*! and drive you mad. I do understand how that can be bothersome though in that it means you’ll likely stick to one specific party member throughout the whole game instead of be encouraged to mix it up.

Yeah, I looked them up and you can get them basically by just doing normal stuff in the game, just as they should be earned.
The limit on party members is fine to me because I feel like having too many characters to manage with the way turns works could be a total cluster#$*! and drive you mad. I do understand how that can be bothersome though in that it means you’ll likely stick to one specific party member throughout the whole game instead of be encouraged to mix it up.
Did you get the full game, DLC and all? Because he was my favorite character & I didn't even realize he was add-on until someone said it.

28 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
29 minutes ago, eal said:

Did you get the full game, DLC and all? Because he was my favorite character & I didn't even realize he was add-on until someone said it.

I got it used so I got whatever came packaged in the physical game. You mean Golem right?

5 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

747864D4-1E1B-43C2-8EC4-020ADD085D71.jpeg.81164c39ee8660ce6bd881c5f068749f.jpeg

A08A55C8-B335-4030-9333-18FFB22BD15A.jpeg.09b930e256de1e1ca35e04862872c72b.jpeg

75-80 hours is a lot of time to invest! I could finish so many other games in that time!

36 minutes ago, eal said:

75-80 hours is a lot of time to invest! I could finish so many other games in that time!

Boo-urns! Boo-urns I say! 😜

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

From the Vita stuff, I’d consider getting the SteamWorld Dig games (especially the first one at $3 is a good deal), Cosmic Star Heroine, and maybe the Metal Gear Solid PSP game Peace Walker.

Looks like now’s your chance to play one of those Senran Kagura games Platty. Just don’t let Mrs. Platty see you playing those ones. 🤪

From the Vita stuff, I’d consider getting the SteamWorld Dig games (especially the first one at $3 is a good deal), Cosmic Star Heroine, and maybe the Metal Gear Solid PSP game Peace Walker.
Looks like now’s your chance to play one of those Senran Kagura games Platty. Just don’t let Mrs. Platty see you playing those ones.
Rhythm cooking? a4ad4d175d8ad09c9ae349c0abe5195c.jpg

20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Fun fact: I have Bon Apetit and was considering playing it just this week but decided to play Child of Light first.

31 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I’m not sure if the joke went over your head or if you’re messing with me. It’s too early in the morning to tell.

I’m not sure if the joke went over your head or if you’re messing with me. It’s too early in the morning to tell.
It wasn't your bust joke, but it didn't nip past me.

In related news, I've begun playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;3 V Generation. So far it's been all demo, 1.5 hours in and nothing much interesting going on (it's Hyperdimension Persona) except for the bikini DLC. Thank goodness for that because Neptunia & her sister look damn near identical in battle and I was having a hard time figuring out turn to turn who was who which sucked becuase her sister starts near level 10 and does a hell of a lot more damage.

So I finally got to Chapter 1. Since I bought these Neptunia games from PSN recently they came with all the DLC. Apparently I have like every character ever in these games. It's a bit odd starting with 13ish characters.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

So I finally got to Chapter 1. Since I bought these Neptunia games from PSN recently they came with all the DLC. Apparently I have like every character ever in these games. It's a bit odd starting with 13ish characters.

Everything about those games is confusing. This timeline gives me a headache.

60593694-BF60-4CA1-91F9-B080148D8A76.thumb.jpeg.8a2b560940f54aba290aef81517ebaef.jpeg

I beat Child of Light. Normal was...very easy. Like, I attacked without an strategy and rarely using buffs or debuffs and only got a Game Over fighting one boss.

Overall, I’d say it’s a 4/5. It’s missing a lot that you’d expect from an RPG but the easy difficulty also makes those things unnecessary. Like, you can’t accumulate money to buy items and you can’t use things like Heal outside of battle. You don’t buy weapons or equipment, stuff like that. It’s sort of like the spine of an RPG instead a full-fledged one. There are some side quests but they’re minimal, for example. I did enjoy it a lot though. It’s aesthetic and the gameplay were great and the length was just right.

• Like 1

I beat Child of Light. Normal was...very easy. Like, I attacked without an strategy and rarely using buffs or debuffs and only got a Game Over fighting one boss.
Overall, I’d say it’s a 4/5. It’s missing a lot that you’d expect from an RPG but the easy difficulty also makes those things unnecessary. Like, you can’t accumulate money to buy items and you can’t use things like Heal outside of battle. You don’t buy weapons or equipment, stuff like that. It’s sort of like the spine of an RPG instead a full-fledged one. There are some side quests but they’re minimal, for example. I did enjoy it a lot though. It’s aesthetic and the gameplay were great and the length was just right.
It felt like a very well done test to see if a full RPG of this nature would work. But I've not heard anything new coming like it.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, eal said:

It felt like a very well done test to see if a full RPG of this nature would work. But I've not heard anything new coming like it.

This was pretty much my thoughts exactly. Ubisoft seemed to have been trying to make smaller scale games at that time and has mostly just decided to stick to their AAA output for now.