Plattym3

Vita RPGs...?

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm actually curious to play this now. I wonder what the cheapest way to do so is.

Am I going to have to disown you as my Twinsie?

Am I going to have to disown you as my Twinsie?

The Persona 4 cast IS my favorite.

(you know because I've never played any other one haha)

32 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
39 minutes ago, eal said:
I’ve been playing Dancing All Night in preparation for Dancing in Starlight and I saw that I never cleared a particular song on All Night difficulty so I had a go at that. It needs to be emphasized how backwards the completion system is. I managed to clear it with a score half the size of my failed attempt’s high score. 
Also, I forgot how bullshit it was that OKAY scores keep your combo going in Fever Mode. If I break my streak, I might not notice it because I’m too busy playing the game to necessarily see all the scores I’m getting, and the giant hulking combo indicator at the bottom of the screen helps to show I sill have a combo streak going. I also don’t like how the Scratch notes aren’t mandatory since missing even one guarantees you don’t get a King Crazy and if it doesn’t break your combo streak you won’t even realize you’ve missed it. This happened to me once, on an All Night Mode song of all things.
All this being said, I’ve check my stats and I’ve apparently played this game for 50 hours, so I clearly enjoy it regardless of its faults.

I'm actually curious to play this now. I wonder what the cheapest way to do so is.

$25 on PSN, probably $20 or so used at a GameStop.

I’m surprised the complaining post was the one that turned you around on wanting to play it.

As for Platty’s favorite Persona cast, I feel like 5 will be his favorite.

32 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

The Persona 4 cast IS my favorite.

(you know because I've never played any other one haha)

That’s not what I was getting at, but okay. We all know Chie was your favorite, but keep it in your pants Platty.

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

But that wasn’t you who made that topic. It was eal. Must be a glitch.

• Like 1

The past 2 years have been odd with Den outages and moves to new hosts and such.

Chie is a national treasure, how dare you.

13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
14 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The past 2 years have been odd with Den outages and moves to new hosts and such.

True. Probably screwed up something in the process.

So this game actually looks quite interesting @eal, and I bet we never get it, at least not on Vita.

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-infinite-combate-launches-in-spring-2019-in-japan

The combat looks a LOT like Fantasy Life, pretty easy ARPGish.

@YangustheLegendaryBandit, this character below just seemed very reminiscent of EO to me.

3.jpg

Dunno why there’s still noise for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?.

We will 100% not get this game. They’re discontinuing production of Vita carts in the US shortly into 2019, iirc. Maybe you’ll be lucky and there’ll be an Asian English version you can buy from Play-Asia.

Dunno why there’s still noise for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?.
We will 100% not get this game. They’re discontinuing production of Vita carts in the US shortly into 2019, iirc. Maybe you’ll be lucky and there’ll be an Asian English version you can buy from Play-Asia.
Doesn't mean no digital...?

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

@YangustheLegendaryBandit, this character below just seemed very reminiscent of EO to me.

What about the character makes you say that?

What about the character makes you say that?
This just seemed visually similar. Head shot in hood. bc7b01e31c6bdc701f5fc1eb7e0a0595.jpg

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

This just seemed visually similar. Head shot in hood. bc7b01e31c6bdc701f5fc1eb7e0a0595.jpg

Mmm...kind of I suppose. The hairstyle choice looks a bit like the younger Hexer girl, minus the pigtails.

392C785B-9114-478E-8698-224E119C9529.jpeg.d294176aae4b18f4de8267ec7304e2cb.jpeg

Mmm...kind of I suppose. The hairstyle choice looks a bit like the younger Hexer girl, minus the pigtails.
392C785B-9114-478E-8698-224E119C9529.jpeg.d294176aae4b18f4de8267ec7304e2cb.jpeg

I actually think that might be the class I was thinking of.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I actually think that might be the class I was thinking of.

I bet. Could be you remembered/thought of Tlachtga from the first game. She’s a redhead like the girl you posted about above.

latest?cb=20150314233014

• Like 1

Could be. I was looking at a ton of art lately to get ready for the podcast I did.

Since we’ve been talking about Persona here, I’m just gonna say that Atlus must’ve really questioned the value of releasing these dancing games as I found zero copies between Walmart, Best Buy, and Target. I’m actually really salty about this because I specifically planned on buying it at Target because I had a 20% coupon from Black Friday my mom gave me and I figured $48 would be a good price for Starlight. Instead, I had to settle for the only remaining copy at a GameStop, meaning a full priced opened display copy instead of a new copy for $48. The #$*!, Atlus?

Since we’ve been talking about Persona here, I’m just gonna say that Atlus must’ve really questioned the value of releasing these dancing games as I found zero copies between Walmart, Best Buy, and Target. I’m actually really salty about this because I specifically planned on buying it at Target because I had a 20% coupon from Black Friday my mom gave me and I figured $48 would be a good price for Starlight. Instead, I had to settle for the only remaining copy at a GameStop, meaning a full priced opened display copy instead of a new copy for $48. The #$*!, Atlus?
Holy #$*!! My editor made me put the line in my review about how Atlus made a huge marketing push to convince people to buy both. At the price you said, yikes!

17 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
22 minutes ago, eal said:

Holy #$*!! My editor made me put the line in my review about how Atlus made a huge marketing push to convince people to buy both. At the price you said, yikes!

In the end, I asked for one of them for Christmas so I’m gonna get both for a combined price of $60, but I literally just pulled the trigger on Spider-Man because it went down to $40 on Amazon but for whatever reason found it in me to buy an opened, $60 game that was, let’s be real, split in half. Honestly, I had spent all day worked up with excitement for it and I had wasted an hour of my precious time after work looking for it that there was no way I was going home without a copy.

It wasn’t even with the new games, I had to ask the GameStop employee to find it for me. Dude didn’t even know it existed. I can’t even find the individual games on Walmart’s website. During my lunch, I checked Target’s site and every store around me supposedly only had a single copy left at 1:30 but I ignored it because I thought at the time that that couldn’t possibly be right. This is worse then when I tried to find Lady Layton. I can’t find anything about stocking issues anywhere online so I feel like it’s just me, because there’s no damn way people were running out to stores for a #$*!ing Persona dancing game. There weren’t even spots on the shelves designated for them.

The games didn’t sell well in Japan. Probably figured it wasn’t worth making a large amount of copies for the overseas release because of that and because it’s a spin-off dancing/rhythm game.

https://personacentral.com/p3d-p5d-debut-sales-japan/

Atlus USA pushing the games like crazy is no surprise. Persona is their golden goose and makes them the big bucks these days, so they likely had a good budget to promote it even for a spin-off that wouldn’t sell as great as a numbered entry.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Just finished every song, unlocked All Night Mode, and even King Crazy’d a few Normal difficulty songs and a Hard difficulty song along the way.

Just finished every song, unlocked All Night Mode, and even King Crazy’d a few Normal difficulty songs and a Hard difficulty song along the way.
Damn, leave something for later!

12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
17 minutes ago, eal said:

Damn, leave something for later!

I still need to unlock the costumes, I barely touched any of the Social Link things, I want to get the platinum trophy since this one looks incredibly easy, and I haven’t done any songs on Easy mode. I’m gonna go back and see if I can get more King Crazy scores. There were at least a good 3,4 songs I would’ve gotten a King Crazy if not for one mistake.

I can see putting in about...15-20 hours or so trying to do all this. The ideal scenario is I do the above, take a break with Spider-Man, then start from the beginning with Dancing in Moonlight.

As a side note, the game’s OP as a song to perform was lame. Not because it was in there, but because it was a lazy version of the one in Dancing All Night. P4D’s OP song was a full length song and the visuals in the background were Yu dancing on stage, whereas the OP song for Starlight was as short as the average game intro video before the Start screen and just had the animated video that accompanied the song as the background. Might as well have been an anime OP.