Sign in to follow this  
kai5

Potential theory on the Switch Version

I looked around, and apparently you need an additional 24GB of storage for extra content. I'd be curious to hear if that's actually the case once you get playing. :)

It says that extra space is for the advent of future version updates.

^So then you do need that much space set aside, or is that more of a prediction from them?

^So then you do need that much space set aside, or is that more of a prediction from them?

It says 24 gb is necessary to set aside in order to play the game, translated from the Japanese. I don't know if you get a warning if you have less.

Huh... alright. That's definitely a lot of space. The game being 9.4GB plus 24GB is more storage space then the Switch has, so I guess people without a microSD will have to buy one.

Thanks for the answers!

Huh... alright. That's definitely a lot of space. The game being 9.4GB plus 24GB is more storage space then the Switch has, so I guess people without a microSD will have to buy one.

Thanks for the answers!

I think the way it is worded that the 24GB includes the 9.4GB needed for the game but it is still a lot.

Thanks for the answers!

Not uncommon, wasn't the DQH1+2 bigger than internal storage too?

Thanks for the answers!

Not uncommon, wasn't the DQH1+2 bigger than internal storage too?

No, it was around 24GB. Big, but not bigger than the storage.

I've got microSD cards so it's not an issue for me, it just surprised me a little.

Edited by gooieooie

Has anyone tried the switch version with an AWS proxy?

Yes, that's how I'm playing with it. Installed OpenVPN on my AWS instance, got that all set up, then connected to AWS on my PC and created a hotspot from my PC for my Switch to connect to.  Pretty easy and straightforward process.

I'd like to play off of my phone's hotspot. I already have AWS set up for PC use, is there anyway I can tunnel traffic from my phone/hotspot to the AWS server so I can play the Switch version on the go? (I don't have the Switch version yet, but I want to get it if I can play away from home.)

Yes, that's how I'm playing with it. Installed OpenVPN on my AWS instance, got that all set up, then connected to AWS on my PC and created a hotspot from my PC for my Switch to connect to.  Pretty easy and straightforward process.

Can you elaborate on this process in more detail?  I'm not all that well versed in this stuff but I managed to setup AWS a while back to play DQX on my PC.

I logged in as ec2-user and then entered the command sudo yum install -y openvpn which says it installed OpenVPN correctly but now I'm lost as to where to go from here to get the Switch connected.