Sign in to follow this  
kai5

Potential theory on the Switch Version

The switch version of DQX is dropping sometime summer/fall, given how the switch is region free and you can switch stores with different accounts, will DQX be region/ip scanning switch users or will it be open for non-japanese users?

Edited by kai5

Every version so far has had an IP block in place preventing users from outside Japan from accessing the game without a VPN. The sole exception to this is the 3DS version, which uses a different technology to work; I believe it's actually a video stream that goes by your controls?

I'd expect an IP block, so if you want to play DQX on the Switch, you'll probably want to figure out how to get a VPN working for it.

I have had my fingers crossed for this as well; specifically because the 3DS version doesn't use it.

• Upvote 1

I, to be honest, don't really know how it will turn out. Absolutely crossing my fingers on no IP block, though. :)

What is the protection on the Wii now? You need to use a VPN, correct? I have a Switch but haven't seen anything on using a VPN with it. I would like to play it on the Switch too at times even though I have the PC version already.

The Wii version is IP blocked just like all the other versions that are not "in the cloud".  I think its only 3DS and cell phone versions of the game that are currently not IP blocked.

We don't know yet if the Switch version will be, and we probably aren't going to know until it's released and we ourselves try it out.  It's very unlikely that Square-Enix is going to mention the IP block at all in any of their promotion materials.

The Wii version is IP blocked just like all the other versions that are not "in the cloud".  I think its only 3DS and cell phone versions of the game that are currently not IP blocked.

We don't know yet if the Switch version will be, and we probably aren't going to know until it's released and we ourselves try it out.  It's very unlikely that Square-Enix is going to mention the IP block at all in any of their promotion materials.

Thanks for clearing that up. Is it a mod you need to do to the Wii to run via a vpn or do you pipe it through your pc's wireless connection somehow and use a vpn there? If the later is the case, it'll probably work on the Switch as well.

I run a VPN on my PC and the Wii connects to the PC via a shared connection.

If that's the case, I think the Switch version should work performing the same technique.

The beta test for the Switch version states you must be in Japan.

That won't stop me from entering!

That won't stop me from entering!

Yeah, I signed up as well. They won't select everyone it seems but hopefully at least one of us will be picked so we can get some impressions.

Is there a site for a beta test for the switch yet?

This was the registration site http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DQXBETA2017/

BUT that ended in Early/Mid June.

Edited by Yawara

This was the registration site http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DQXBETA2017/

BUT that ended in Early/Mid June.

Yeah the people in the beta test were notified and it is already underway. The official release is near the end of September so it isn't too far off.

The free upgrade for Switch started earlier today at 12:00 AM(9/21)
I just started downloading it.
If you have registered for it you can check your account to see if Switch ver is activated.

KoRldLj.png
should look like this.
or....
if you previously had V1 Wii only it would look like this now
sZZiJCB.png

I bought the downloadable version just now. Nintendo sends you the registration code to the e-mail address on file as soon as you purchase it. I mostly set up mudfish VPN and mhotspot on my PC and will test it when the download finishes. I'm sure I'll mess something up and ask for help. I've been playing till now exclusively on my PC with AWS Services.

I looked around, and apparently you need an additional 24GB of storage for extra content. I'd be curious to hear if that's actually the case once you get playing. :)

Edited by gooieooie

Well I got it working through the VPN on my PC. I only tried it for a few minutes but I noticed the sound, even at max volume, is too low in handheld mode. Also, the software keyboard is a royal pain. I keep pressing the wrong keys. I found an old iPad stylus and used that to enter the password and other info. Also how do you start to chat in the game? I usually used a control key command on the PC version.