Sign in to follow this  
McFlail

All unique spotpass items

2f41d5c49b4540f34b799e01e5ec08f4.jpg

Who knew that the special DLC item distribution is still going on? I certainly didn't!

Now, you can get not only one gospel ring (from getting all 331 monsters in the "Battle Records"), but two of them!

The gospel ring is "a holy ring that wards off monsters when worn" with +5 defence. Make sure to download your gospel ring by 21 October 2017 at 11am (PST)!

I wonder if anyone's going to attempt to play Dragon Quest VIII wearing a Gospel Ring from the beginning (especially if you made a second save file to play the game the second time using the special DLC items that you've downloaded, like I have). That might be a fun challenge.

Edited by Dakhil

That would be a fun challenge. I would possibly double dip on another copy of DQVIII for two more save files (really is a shame the 3DS version only has 2 files) if the game had a major price cut, but since that's not the case it shall go into my 2nd file. I have no idea when I'd replay the 3DS version, but I'd be up for trying a no random battle run on that version of the game.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

That would be a fun challenge. I would possibly double dip on another copy of DQVIII for two more save files (really is a shame the 3DS version only has 2 files) if the game had a major price cut, but since that's not the case it shall go into my 2nd file. I have no idea when I'd replay the 3DS version, but I'd be up for trying a no random battle run on that version of the game.

There are technically three save files (don't forget the quick save file).

But yeah, I wonder how long it would take to kill bosses without dying with just the Gospel Ring equipped from the beginning.

Edited by Dakhil

Got my gospel ring today :) ...It's great to wear when sailing.

Also, killed about 10 MKS between last night and today, so my party is in pretty good shape.

• Upvote 1

So, having tried for three days in a row now without successfully connecting to the server, do we have any official confirmation that the server is down for good?

So, having tried for three days in a row now without successfully connecting to the server, do we have any official confirmation that the server is down for good?

Just tried it again today and nothing. No word yet if it is done for good.

All of your guesses are as good as mine.

Whilst it would be nice if the special DLC items get re-cycled again, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the end of the special DLC items. But I'll wait until this Saturday or the Saturday after this Saturday to see what happens.

Man, I knew I would get burned by this if I waited too long to play it.  My son has been getting some of the stuff on his file, but I have yet to touch this game.  I think when they get ready to shut off the DLC servers, they should release a patch to the game that enables the content on the cart somehow so it's not gone forever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 weeks of 004-3003 errors!

Is it safe to post this? 

• Upvote 1

According to this NeoGAF thread, it seems the Spotpass items feature was officially meant to be finished back on September 29.

According to this NeoGAF thread, it seems the Spotpass items feature was officially meant to be finished back on September 29.

It is really vague too. I don't know if they mean "rare items" as the promotional items or just some of the rare items you can get in general. Really wish we could get some word on this.

I'm sad now.  I've been way too busy to play much in the way of games for a while now, only just got back to Dragon Quest VII and then I find out about this spotpass stuff.  Very annoying.

I'm guessing there's no current way to acquire the items I missed out on?

Afraid not. The servers haven't been providing any for a while.

I figured as much.  Wish I knew about this beforehand, would have found the time to log in each day to acquire the stuff.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, Enclave said:

I figured as much.  Wish I knew about this beforehand, would have found the time to log in each day to acquire the stuff.

I'm thinking eventually since they promoted VIII with XI's release that we may see a port of VIII on the PS4 remastered and all of these items will be available along with possibly some new content -- or maybe this is me with the wishful thinking, but I think it's definitely possible.

18 hours ago, Madrigal said:

I'm thinking eventually since they promoted VIII with XI's release that we may see a port of VIII on the PS4 remastered and all of these items will be available along with possibly some new content -- or maybe this is me with the wishful thinking, but I think it's definitely possible.

I imagine it's possible Square Enix would port Dragon Quest VIII to the Nintendo Switch as well.

2 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I imagine it's possible Square Enix would port Dragon Quest VIII to the Nintendo Switch as well.

They could remaster VIII and make it at least look a bit more refined with all the 3ds new content, possibly with some more... especially since VIII and XI are basically of the same style.  I could only imagine how popular VII would be if they did it like VIII or XI, I think VII would be soooo popular and V.   I really like IV, V, VII, VIII, and XI