Sign in to follow this  
McFlail

All unique spotpass items

gallery_79921_117_10701498.png

A new special DLC item, the night sniper, is now available for download! It's "a bow that makes critical hits a breeze" with +75 attack. Make sure to get yours before 19 August 2017 at 11am (PST).

gallery_79921_117_10701498.png

A new special DLC item, the night sniper, is now available for download! It's "a bow that makes critical hits a breeze" with +75 attack. Make sure to get yours before 19 August 2017 at 11am (PST).

Got mine! 5b532ec9efc69b7660105b864cc84461.jpg

Sorry for the late post and terrible image quality. I'm borrowing someone's Samsung Galaxy S4 until I get my new mobile phone sometime next week (which is a HTC 10) since my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was getting sluggish and goes on a boot loop when I tax it (ironically by playing a little bit of Dragon Quest VIII, which is inferior compared to the Nintendo 3DS version) and make it heat up.

But anyway, a bad axe is an axe that "launches an enormous whirlwind at the enemy when used as an item in battle" with +90 attack. Make sure to get your bad axe before 26 August 2017 at 11am (PST)!

a8cbd522f394271216dcf43c056e9bd4.jpg

Edited by Dakhil

Gotta put a reminder on my phone for this. Didn't bring my 3ds on this short eclipse vacation.

Gotta put a reminder on my phone for this. Didn't bring my 3ds on this short eclipse vacation.

It's too bad I'm not going to see a total solar eclipse.

Aw man! I cant believe I missed all these! all I got was the candy cane :/

Aw man! I cant believe I missed all these! all I got was the candy cane :/

You can still get a bad axe! You have until this Saturday to snatch yourself one! ;)

I didn't even know they were still distributing dlc items. Im on a roadtrip right now so I'll have to wait until I get home to connect to the internet with my 3ds. Maybe I could try my phone's mobile hotspot and see if that works

4744526085d1cc608e5160280782a2fe.jpg

The wizardly whip is "a whip that really whacks elementals where it hurts" with +68 attack.

Make sure to get your wizardly whip before 9 September 2017 at 11am (PST).

The DLC items are systematically crippling any sense of difficulty on my second playthrough. All the fun of cheating, none of the Gameshark guilt.

The DLC items are systematically crippling any sense of difficulty on my second playthrough. All the fun of cheating, none of the Gameshark guilt.

I'm just waiting until all of the DLC items have been distributed to play Dragon Quest VIII (the Nintendo 3DS version) the second time.

I think the special DLC item distribution is coming to an end very soon, which makes me feel a little sad.

Edited by Dakhil

Maybe. If the 3DS carries on, they'll have a decent rotation or two. IX rotated it's DLC for three years.

51a51ba568ebfd4857b2b40fa578d245.jpg

A new special DLC item, the dread dagger is now available to download!

A dread dagger is "a short blade that occasionally leaves those it cuts confused" with +78 attack.

Make sure to download yours before 16 September 2017 at 11am (PST).

Edited by Dakhil

Two more downloads to go.

The Black Buzzard and Fire Dragon Charm.

Two more downloads to go.

The Black Buzzard and Fire Dragon Charm.

Such a pity.

b88f20bd640dae5b698e26c334649482.jpg

Believe it or not, there's only one more new special DLC item left to download!

Anyway, the black buzzard is "a boomerang tailor-made for busting bugs" with a +71 attack. Make sure to download your black buzzard before 23 September 2017 at 11am (PST)!

Edited by Dakhil

Has anyone ever actually gotten more than one special DLC item at once?

I got Erdrick's Sword today, did anybody else get that one?

I got Erdrick's Sword today, did anybody else get that one?

You already know my answer. :P

e11df3af941d09071e65d4e0b614922b.jpg

What a pleasant surprise! You can now get two Erdrick's Swords instead of only one (though for the first one you would have to alchemise a Ye Olde Sword of Erdrick, a Liquid Metal Sword, and an Orichalcim)! Erdrick's Sword is "a sword of legend, said to have been used by the great hero Erdrick himself" with +120 attack.

Make sure to get your Erdrick's Sword before 30 September 2017 at 11am (PST)!

Edited by Dakhil

7fb089847d3a49c9959e842d89cb963a.jpg

The final special DLC item, the fire dragon charm, is now available for download. It's "a tremendous talisman that foxes fire and Frizz attacks" with +5 defence. If you're interested, make sure to download your fire dragon charm before 7 October 2017 at 11am (PST).

Let's see if Nintendo will re-cycle the special DLC items starting next week, shall we?

Edited by Dakhil

Ha. Just tried equipping some of the new items (for the first time since I started collecting them), and got hit by level restrictions. Clever, SQEX.

Ha. Just tried equipping some of the new items (for the first time since I started collecting them), and got hit by level restrictions. Clever, SQEX.

Good to know. Never would've thought of that.

I got a Seed of Wisdom today. So that might mean that Nintendo's not going to re-cycle the special DLC items. But I'll wait until next week to find out if that's the case.