Sign in to follow this  
McFlail

All unique spotpass items

I have now collected 4 unique items from spot pass downloads and I would appreciate input from any and everyone who has received anything noticeable in game from the spot pass downloads.

the 4 items being:

Ye old sword of Edrick

Candy cane

Healie hat

Healie T shirt

besides these specific items it seems like the spotpass downloads are mostly a middle tier cheese or a misc. seed

There IS NO Spotpass in DQ8 3DS (nor 7 3DS).  This system uses its own protocols, but is an online service.  Known items:

1) One weekly special, usually the first item downloaded when that item goes lives, after that, it can no longer be downloaded that week, potentially ever.  This includes the special DLC equipment.  As you've found:

- Candy Cane (week 1 only)

- Ye Olde Sword of Erdrick (week 3 only)

- Healie Hat (week 6 only)

- Healie T-Shirt (week 7 only)

- Hearty Ring (week 8...)

2) All usable healing and curative items.

3) All cheese

4) All alchemy ingredient items

5) Most of the unique normal items in the 3DS (Double Bubble, Eau de Monster, and Enchanted Stone...there are a few others I think)

6) All normal seeds (potentially all Super Seeds?  Not sure, and no one has yet stated they have found any super seed outside of the specially offered Super Seed of Wisdom).

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

You can add one more item to the "all unique SpotPass items" list: the hearty ring!

gallery_79921_117_2650986.jpg

You can add one more item to the "all unique SpotPass items" list: the hearty ring!

gallery_79921_117_2650986.jpg

I ate it. Hearty my ass, I'm still starving.

gallery_79921_117_2079192.jpg

For this week's special DLC item, I present you: the slime stick!

The most important question to ask: does this slime stick befit Plattym3?

gallery_79921_117_2079192.jpg

For this week's special DLC item, I present you: the slime stick!

The most important question to ask: does this slime stick befit Plattym3?

Meh. Might be enough for me to switch over from Yo-Kai for 10 mins.

If you still care about special DLC items, the golden gar is now available for download.

gallery_79921_117_38032.jpg

If you still care about special DLC items, the golden gar is now available for download.

gallery_79921_117_38032.jpg

Rumor has it that those that don't give 2 shits about the DLC can still get it too! 😉

Honk, honk! The honking hammer is available for download!

gallery_79921_117_1111256.jpg

And it seems like Nintendo has returned to having special DLC items available for download every other week.

Edited by Dakhil

Sorry for the double post, but the new special DLC item, the lucky pendant, is now available for download!

gallery_79921_117_777271.jpg

Is anyone feeling lucky? Because I certainly don't feel lucky.

Edited by Dakhil

Don't worry about the double posting. No one here is concerned. What does the lucky pendent do?

• Like 1

Don't worry about the double posting. No one here is concerned. What does the lucky pendent do?

I've never understood why people apologize for double posting here. This place is laid back, there's nothing to apologize for.

• Like 1

I've never understood why people apologize for double posting here. This place is laid back, there's nothing to apologize for.

The websites I go to give people a warning (and then a ban if done again) for double posting.

According to its item description, it's "a magical medallion that makes it easier to evade enemy attacks" and it also adds +8 defence.

Edited by Dakhil

This isn't most websites. It's (as Platty would say) our little slice of heaven on the Internet. ðŸ˜

I got the Super Seed of Skill through download, for your reference. I didn't do anything with it (IX got me in the habit of not eating Skill Seeds) until I realized I had almost enough to get the Hero to a full 100 Skill points, just through seeds.

Edited by JaybirdC

Metal slime earrings (the new special DLC item) are available for download right now.

gallery_79921_117_10354.jpg

According to its item description, metal slime earrings are "ear adornments made of metal that decrease all damage by a quarter" that also add +5 agility. If only would it help hunt metal slimes, liquid metal slimes, and king metal slimes more easily.

• Upvote 1

Metal slime earrings (the new special DLC item) are available for download right now.

gallery_79921_117_10354.jpg

According to its item description, metal slime earrings are "ear adornments made of metal that decrease all damage by a quarter" that also add +5 agility. If only would it help hunt metal slimes, liquid metal slimes, and king metal slimes more easily.

Seems good, but yeah, metal slime hunting would be a better bonus!

The Metal Slime Earrings would be amazing for Memory Lane.

Edit: WOO! Got them this morning.

Edited by JaybirdC

I actually logged on for the first time in months for them!

The golden slippers (the new special DLC item) are available for download right now!

gallery_79921_117_352978.jpg

Despite only giving +1 defence, you'll get 1 Gold per 1 second if you equip them whilst running or whilst riding a great sabrecat. I guess if you're desperate to get more Gold, the golden slippers are perfect for you. If only these exist in real life...

See, that's a useful item since gold isn't always abundant in DQ8. Would be useful for the early game and when wandering the map for treasure chests.

See, that's a useful item since gold isn't always abundant in DQ8. Would be useful for the early game and when wandering the map for treasure chests.

Perhaps. 3,600 gold per hour doesn't seem like a lot.

I'd take 3,600 gold at the beginning of the game.

• Upvote 2

You don't get any particularly useful accessories for quite a while, so, yeah, it'd be great to have a bunch of extra cash without having to grind for it.