Sign in to follow this  
robotnikthedrak

Ultimate Dragon's Den Giveaway Winners!

At long last, quest fans; I have returned. 10,000 pardons to all 18 of the contestants who participated in the "Ultimate Dragon's Den Giveaway" who were expecting the results to have been announced so long ago on May the 1st, 2014; those who had poured their hearts and souls into expressing, rather movingly, their love for this our most venerated of fantasy franchises. 10,000 pardons to Chichi and Koko, who's grand legacy I have no doubt tainted ever so slightly through this misdemeanor of wasted years, and 10,000 pardons to the great Woodus, and his magnificent Dragon's Den, which I did little justice in my failed endeavors to honor the contest percipients. The reasons for my long absence are grievous and many; tis' a tale of sorrow, shame, and despond; alas, though, for I will not burden my den fellows with my discord. Lest you wish to acquire said knowledge (and considering my three year disappearance, it is well within your rights to do so! ^_^ ), I will gladly deliver a personal correspondence to you with all of the unpleasant details! Now then, on with the results!

I thank all 18 of the participants with every ounce of my spirit; each of your entries touched me deeply. In truth, it would have been easier to have just disappeared for good; the coward's way is a great temptation indeed. However, remembering always to your earnest efforts, inspired by your personal accounts and dedication to the quest comradery, I had always vowed to come back, both out of my inexorable love for Dragon Quest and my personal responsibility to fulfill my debts to Chichi, Woodus, and all of you! SO, here are the results: 11 winners in honor of Dragon Quest XI's impending arrival!

1ST PLACE: King Zenith!!!! You win the Grand Prize, in addition to one of 3 Top Prizes, and a specially crafted lot of 60 dragon quest ccg cards!
2ND PLACE: Mattcraft!!! You win one of three Top Prizes, and a specially crafted lot of 45 dragon quest ccg cards!
3RD PLACE: Flute_Warrior!! You win one of three Top Prizes, and a specially crafted lot of 45 dragon quest cards!
RUNNERS UP: Plattym3, Soera, Dragonmist19, KnightTeen87, speedracer216, Kalmana, YangustheLegendaryBandit, and Nat: You each will be receiving a reasonably crafted lot of 15 dragon quest ccg cards!

Congratulations to you all! ^_^ I'll be personally contacting you, each and every, for postal information, and will be periodically mailing out the prizes in the next week or so. Again, my sincerest apologies to all who were disappointed by my untimely remise, and please feel free to post any questions, comments, or otherwise below, and as always, I thank you for frequenting the Dragon's Den, as well as visiting Chichi and Koko's Dragon Quest CCG website. Huzzah!!!

Oh my god! You're back! I knew all that patience would pay off.  

First of all, so glad to hear you are ok and that you survived whatever circumstances befell you.  I for one, would certainly be curious to know what it was that happened, but I would respect your privacy if you'd rather not share.  

...and secondly... woo hoo! I entered this contest with high hopes of winning something for my son.  He's even more into Dragon Quest now than he was back then, so the timing works out great.

Thank you for following up on this and I hope that things are much better for you now.  

Again, I'm glad to hear you are ok.  When you didn't respond to the contest, my mind went to two places:

1) Epic Troll

2) You died

Glad to hear it was option 3: None of the Above.

Well, thanks again! I will follow up via PM.

• Upvote 1

A huge box of awesome goodies graced my doorstep last week.  It was filled with figures-a-plenty from many different game series.   It also had a couple of deep stacks of DQ cards and a book.  Here is a snapshot of just the Dragon Quest stuff:

20170331_193955.jpg

Thanks for sending the prize, and doing it so quickly after your return.  The whole contest was a fun and noble gesture and I really appreciate you offering all of these great prizes up.  I saw the cost for shipping this to me, and that price alone would require me to mortgage my home ;)

These trusty heroes and their plunder will have a permanent place in Zenithia with me and my family. 

Thanks again robotnikthedrak!

• Upvote 1

Oh my god, it's been long time since my last visit (due to server problem) and I learn that I won some prizes! I hope it's not late for me!

• Upvote 1

I got my cards earlier this month. Good set of DQ7 cards, especially the holographic one set in the animal town where you find Gabo.