Yuji Horii teases Dragon Quest XI-related announcement coming soon

NidoTower

At the “Dragon Quest The Real opening event at Universal Studios Japan, Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii teased a Dragon Quest XI-related announcement coming soon.

“All of the staff are currently working really hard making the game,†Horii said regarding Dragon Quest XI. “I think that we’ll be able to make an announcement of some sort soon, so please look forward to it.â€

Horii has previously said he wants to release Dragon Quest XI before the series’ 30th anniversary year ends on May 27, 2017. The window for that potential release is closing, and it’s possible this “some sort of announcement†is the release date

Release date for Japan and hopefully the rest of the world.  Though I have to agree, a release date is very likely.  There's also a chance for some announcement of a special feature, like DLC (quick!, distract then restrain Platty).

I can definately see a Japanese release date happening here. Kind of hoping for some new footage. I am still really curious about how a full battle looks in the console version, since we only have screenshots and a really short gameplay clip. And I just straight up wouldn't mind seeing more of areas in motion. Other than that, I obviously hope the official western locilization confirmation follows not to long after this, like always.

Release date for Japan and hopefully the rest of the world.  Though I have to agree, a release date is very likely.  There's also a chance for some announcement of a special feature, like DLC (quick!, distract then restrain Platty).

I'm betting its release date for Japan, and word that translation is underway for overseas markets.  At least I hope.

Damn you Nido...damn you and the avatar you rode in on. Seriously, I avoid your topics usually because everytime I see your name and avatar, I want to play Phantasy Star "something."  This includes PSO.  I don't have the time darnit.

Edited by ignasia7

Time to get out my ritual gear and perform the "localization announcement" ritual.

Emailing SE non-stop?

Nah, nothing like that. It just involves a lot of prayers to our Lord and Savior, Minato Arisato. I may also have to shoot myself in the head too.

Damn you Nido...damn you and the avatar you rode in on. Seriously, I avoid your topics usually because everytime I see your name and avatar, I want to play Phantasy Star "something."  This includes PSO.  I don't have the time darnit.

Hehe.

This is the 'remastered' version of myself from Phantasy Star Generations 2 on PS2.

hecChYU.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hehe.

This is the 'remastered' version of myself from Phantasy Star Generations 2 on PS2.

hecChYU.jpg

...you're a sick bastard...

Hehe.

hecChYU.jpg

...you're a sick bastard...

LOL :P