Yet more new Dragon Quest XI info (Weekly Jump)

NidoTower

zb7crN6.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/dragon-quest-xi-introduces-new-character-sylvia-two-new-monsters-camping-system

The latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals another new character set to appear in Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time, as well as two new monsters, and some details about the camping system.

Get the information below.

â–  New Character

Sylvia

“It is my mission to make the people of the world smile!â€

A character who seems to be a traveler, but his tone is…

â–  New Monsters

Mokokkii

A monster that carries a huge needle that can fill anything with holes!

Lantern Kozou

A lantern that was thrown away and became a monster in its resentment against humans.

Caption next to 3DS screenshot of the protagonist, Camus, and the Lantern Kozou behind them: “Some monsters, including Lanter Kozou, only appear at night.â€

â–  Loads of New Systems

Caption below 3DS screenshot of the protagonist talking to a character wearing yellow: “People with a purple speech bubble mark may have some sort of request.â€

Caption below the PlayStation 4 screenshot of the protagonist talking to a character wearing red: “As you approach people, you can hear their voices through the speech bubbles that appear over their head.â€

Caption below PlayStation 4 screenshot of the protagonist riding a horse / to the right of 3DS screenshot of the protagonist riding a horse: “Adventure with ease while riding a horse! In the PlayStation 4 version, you can blow away monsters by hitting them with the horse’s body.â€

Camping (Red Box)

On the field, you can make a bonfire. This should prove useful when you have a long way to travel!

Caption to the right of PS4 screenshot: “In addition to resting and healing, and writing in the adventure log (Editor’s Note: this is how you save your game in Dragon Quest), you can also enjoy conversations with your party.â€

Caption to the left of 3DS screenshot: “At camp, you can buy items at the shops opened by traveling merchants.â€

Hmmm, I wonder if we can camp anytime/anywhere in the world map or if there are only designated campsites. 

The way they said that you can converse with your party members during camping, I hope that doesn't mean we can no longer do a party chat anytime we want to. 

Isn't Sylvia a girl name? lol xD

Also instruments confirmed as a new weapon type for Senya and Sylvia?

Hmmm, I wonder if we can camp anytime/anywhere in the world map or if there are only designated campsites. 

The way they said that you can converse with your party members during camping, I hope that doesn't mean we can no longer do a party chat anytime we want to. 

We probably can only camp in fixed spots, we'll also have some merchants to buy weapons/items as well...

In the 3ds we'll have party chat most likely but in the PS4 version is probably camping-only.

Though, i'm sure party members will apparear in all the cutescenes like most modern rpgs.

You know, Sylvia kinda looks like Dhoulmagus.

I like the Lanturn Kozou. It's very cute.

I don't think he looks like Dhoulmagus at all...their oufits are really diferent.

Dhoulmagus was a jester and this guy is a traveler/minstrel witch it isn't the same, being a jester is a job (Their job consist make laugh others) and a minstrel/traveler is completely diferent, minstrels are people who travel around the world to share their music/poems/abilities in the street and gain some money, some of them have some jester skills, but not all of them, this is why im suggesting that he and senya might have instruments as weapons.

Also, apparenlty, he's kind of bad witht the clarinet? or did they mean his personality isn't the most correct?

Lanturn Kozou, is cute as hell i agree.

Edited by Toonadri

TautThriftyAntelope.gif

Still curious in what weapons Sylvia will use and why he does join the party, the only thing we know is that he's a traveler that has a bad tone.

Edited by Toonadri

We have the hero and Camus, and yet this guy is the one who thinks he is "sexy"?

It must be nice to have his confidence. ;)

Anyone here just going to import the game? it may take a year or two before its localized. 

TautThriftyAntelope.gif

Still curious in what weapons Sylvia will use and why he does join the party, the only thing we know is that he's a traveler that has a bad tone.

He'll probably use the same weapons Gadabouts (Jesters) use; whips, boomerangs, clubs, swords, etc. He uses I rapier in the trailer but I think that flute thing he's holding could also be his starting weapon. I guess there'll be plenty of musical instrument-based weapons in this game. 

Also, I guess we could still party chat anytime/anywhere we want to just like in VIII but we could probably have more conversations while Camping.