Is the switch version going to be localized?

I own a switch and i'm afraid it won't get localized...i don't own a PS4, and i don't really want the 3DS version, i want aan HD DQ game.

So do you think the switch version will get localized or only the PS4 version?

The only version of this that has proof of localization plans, IS the Switch version.

German Gamestop, official, verified pre-order listing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5mygcy/just_got_to_see_this_list_at_my_local_gamestop/

This has been verified by German Gamestop employees as an official Gamestop screen.

Given other statements about the release in general, I'd say you shouldn't worry.  They'll do all three or cancel all three.  Remember the plan for this game is each version is identical in storyline (who knows if each will have something extra, but it would be a side-quest special not a story element, and I doubt that will happen).  So the localization can be applied to each just as easily, especially if the format code is pre-built into the game from the get-go for foreign languages, simplifying the process.

It would also make it easier and MUCH cheaper to advertise for all three at the same time, and provide a much larger total sales base for better/higher overall profits.  Plus the NS version is virtually guaranteed to be the PS4, and will then be a PS4...on-the-go, which is a selling point now in the US and Europe.

The only foreseeable problem is if Sony offers a LOT of money up front to promote the game, to allow the PS4 version of the higher graphical release version to have a temporary exclusivity.  Even then, I can still see the NS version coming out.  I don't think that will happen.  I don't think, if that happens, Sony would block the 3DS version however, given it likely wouldn't be seen as direct competition, but who knows.

Edited by ignasia7

I honestly don't see any reason why it specifically wouldn't be localized. I don't own a Switch yet, but it wouldn't make sense at all to be selective about the versions released overseas.

Of course not. It'll probably be as successful as the English DQHTWTWATBB was on PS3.

I honestly don't see any reason why it specifically wouldn't be localized. I don't own a Switch yet, but it wouldn't make sense at all to be selective about the versions released overseas.

Of course not. It'll probably be as successful as the English DQHTWTWATBB was on PS3.

PS3 is also a previous gen console, so I can understand that. The Switch is brand new.

I don't see why only do the Switch version...considering the install base of the PS4...unless Nintendo is helping to publish the games, which I know they tend to take part in. That the only reason I can see it being the Nintendo Versions only. Otherwise you think if anything they go with PS4, as much as I love Nintendo and the idea of a portable more console looking Dragon Quest XI ((Yeah I know it be weaker...but sure will look better then the 3DS version))...the PS4 has the install base to back it up. So in the end it seem like PS4 would be the more logical route. Unless they just going to do the 3DS version. Which still would not make much sense since the glory days of the 3DS are behind it.

Personally I really want a new Dragon Quest IX style came for the switch. I loved playing with friends and it be fun to see with the new hardware. So hopefully Nintendo can team up with Square-Enix for that. Make your character, with all the customization...but with a more Dragon Quest VIII style, playing along with friends running into a random blue coffin when one got themselves killed. Ah, good times.

Edited by DragonQuestHero