Switch vs PS4 DQH2 Graphics Comparison + Frame-Rate Test

So Switch can barely get to PS3/Vita level in terms of framerate, yes, sorry to say, but we it's Wii U all over again :(

I keep seeing the Switch fail videos, the scratches, the connectivity issues.  A few kids at school here say it's ok, but when I asked them what they went home and played last night first, it was their PS4 and pokemon on the 3DS.  Haha, hope it does well, but it'll take a bit.

So Switch can barely get to PS3/Vita level in terms of framerate, yes, sorry to say, but we it's Wii U all over again :(

I keep seeing the Switch fail videos, the scratches, the connectivity issues. A few kids at school here say it's ok, but when I asked them what they went home and played last night first, it was their PS4 and pokemon on the 3DS. Haha, hope it does well, but it'll take a bit.

The console has sold pretty well so far (at least according to some reports). But they better get on fixing the problems people are having.

I'm not bothering with the Switch until some kind of bundle comes out, or an eventual price drop. My PS4 is keeping me plenty occupied when I can play it anyway!

I will probably get a Switch later if there is a Zelda bundle. but, i think for this year i am cutting back on games. i decided not to get a switch and instead i will get more japanese  lessons. (that way i can enjoy DQXI a year or two ahead of time!) 

• Upvote 1

Still don't know if the Switch version is even going to get a release. If so I'll give it a try, the demo worked well enough for me. I always approve of more Dragon Quest on Nintendo Platforms.
As for a stronger experience I'll wait for the Steam release.

I never would have gotten a PS4 if not for DQH. The easiest way for me to buy a console is a DQ release. That said, I'll gladly sacrifice some graphical horsepower for any DQ Switch releases. I prefer main games on a console, and the if we get DQ 11 on the Switch, I can have a console experience with the comfort of lying on bed (or as I have done in the past with the DS games, grind for experience during my bathroom time).

• Upvote 3

I'm a little sorrowed by the Switch's performance. I own one and want to play this on it. I still will of course. I hope the Switch gets a decent version of XI.

Not worried about the power of the Switch. It depends on the game, but for the most part I don't care about graphics. What I AM worried about is if Nintendo is going to be fixing the build quality issues with the Switch or not. I really want to pick one up, but if the issues keep going like this I won't be bothering with it.

Also, a lot of the performance issues right now with the Switch is the wifi services is taking up too much CPU as it intended. Nintendo mentioned they are working on a patch to fix that issue. So I won't take these framerate tests 100% unless they mention that the wifi was disabled while testing.

• Upvote 1

Not worried about the power of the Switch. It depends on the game, but for the most part I don't care about graphics. What I AM worried about is if Nintendo is going to be fixing the build quality issues with the Switch or not. I really want to pick one up, but if the issues keep going like this I won't be bothering with it.

Also, a lot of the performance issues right now with the Switch is the wifi services is taking up too much CPU as it intended. Nintendo mentioned they are working on a patch to fix that issue. So I won't take these framerate tests 100% unless they mention that the wifi was disabled while testing.

Definitely, the docking station, the cpu throttling for wifi...and a few other minor issues need to be addressed first before I'll buy a Switch.  Oh, I'll be getting one, as Nintendo is likely to do so, even if it means a screen protector bundled in eventually.  Though adding foam padding on the dock, where it scratches would be preferable, though it really should come with a screen protector.

So for now, and given I preordered FF12's remaster, the PS4 comes first (plus, I'm getting a hankering for Bloodborne, and I'm tired of playing on my best friend's system).

Nevermind the gorgeous vistas and smooth 60fps, with minor drops, frame rate.  I'm not sure which version I'd play more often.  Eventually I'd get both for sure.

Edited by ignasia7