Sign in to follow this  
Mimas

Wii support to be dropped with version 4

On the latest Dragon Quest TV they announced that at the wake time the version 4 package is to be released that support for the Wii is going to be dropped. http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/news/detail/ae1d2c2d957a01dcb3f3b39685cdb4fa/The Hiroba website says they will announce a cheaper upgrade path for Wii to Switch at a later date.

I won't lie, this is something we should all have been prepared for. FFXI dropped PS2 support, after all. (EDIT: So did FFXIV, with PS3) But at least there's a Switch port coming. And PS4, right? Or did it come already? I dunno........ :ws-slimedead:

Edited by mariosmentor

The problem is whether the cheaper upgrade path will be obtainable somehow by people overseas. If its something like you use your Wii key to buy directly from Enix the Switch version, you will be out of luck because they wouldn't ship it out of Japan, problem with paying, etc..

The problem is whether the cheaper upgrade path will be obtainable somehow by people overseas. If its something like you use your Wii key to buy directly from Enix the Switch version, you will be out of luck because they wouldn't ship it out of Japan, problem with paying, etc..

The bigger problem is whether the game itself will be available overseas

Haven't used this in over a month. Almost couldn't find it on my phone. 714ada40fa23bfb1b4e14421de3de1ad.jpg

Yeah I don't use the Wii version, but from what I understand it checks whether the OS is Japanese as well as you having to use a VPN.

This is advantageous in some ways; with the Wii version gone, the limitations of a console released back in 2006 are gone. Since the only consoles that support DQX after this will be Wii U, PS4, 3DS, PC, and Switch, they'll be able to expand without past techincal limitations, and that means that some stuff that hasn't been possible before could be implemented.

It sucks for Wii players though, especially those living outside of Japan.

Pretty sure Version 4 is The Really Final Chapter, cause I have a Google Translate bookmark that has a 3.5 later version, as well 3.6 and its later version, and then Version 4 would be the True Ending to the game, since Wii support is being dropped.

Pretty sure Version 4 is The Really Final Chapter, cause I have a Google Translate bookmark that has a 3.5 later version, as well 3.6 and its later version, and then Version 4 would be the True Ending to the game, since Wii support is being dropped.

I'm not sure what you mean by the google translate bookmark thing but it would be insane for them to end support for Dragon Quest X with version 4, unless it's seriously dying at this point which I don't think it is. 

I mean they're bringing it to two new consoles this summer.. Version 4 definitely isn't the end of the story.

Edited by tribalether
  • Upvote 1