Sign in to follow this  
Toonadri

I'm the only one that thinks that DQ6 is one of the best games in

Mind you, i love every DQ game except IX,X and III.

I always see DQ6 getting little to no love for a lot of people, and i found it a bit weird since i love VI, i replayed it like 3-4 times.

The story can be a bit confusing at times, yeah...but the overall plot is good.

The cast and the gameplay are great as always, the VI's cast is very lovely indeed, and imo it has the best desings along with the upcoming DQXI.

The world map is my favourite in the zenithia triology.

I think it's the best along with VIII and VII.

You're not alone, it's my favorite game in the series.

There's not much I can really say I dislike about VI.

There's a few plotholes but that's my only real complaint (that I like Milly in spite of).

• Upvote 1

Have you seen any of my posts ever? Nah, but seriously, I love VI.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

I wish they waited a bit more for the remake, so we could have the remake in 3DS.

DQVI in 3d would look amazing...

I like VI, but I still rate it below IV,V, VII, and VIII.

That means rather little, though. I love every DQ, and I sometimes don't like rating them because it makes it seem like I'm hating on the lower ranked ones.

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk

Weird, VI is my favorite too, while VIII is my least favorite so far, not to say that it's not great. VI just really drew me into it all, and it has Carver who's the coolest guy in Dragon Quest!

I like VI, but I still rate it below IV,V, VII, and VIII.

That means rather little, though. I love every DQ, and I sometimes don't like rating them because it makes it seem like I'm hating on the lower ranked ones.

I feel the same way of you i that, i dislike ranking the games for that reason as well.

VI isn't awful, but to me it feels considerably worse in comparison to most of the other games. 

It's preceded by V, a game that has a great cast of characters, a neat progression in the three generations of time, and a story that is absolutely fantastic. By far one of my favorites in the series.

After VI, there's VII, my personal favorite in the series, and a game that takes some of VI's ideas and makes them better. The concept of multiple worlds is done through the past and present. The class system was taken and expanded dramatically. And with yet another fantastic story and another great cast of characters, VI is certainly in the middle of two excellent entries in the series.

But VI, I feel, falls a bit short compared to many other games in the series. None of the characters really drew me in like others. The story feels a bit confusing and not done well (though I love the opening parts up to falling into the real world!) I've never completed VI, so I can't comment on everything, but I never finished it BECAUSE of these issues I have with the game (though I hope to someday). The world, characters, and the game itself never drew me in in the way that DQ games tend to, and when I'm playing it I find that I'm playing because I like the series as a whole, but not the game itself.

Again, these are just opinions though, and I'm glad that some people really enjoy VI! I just don't really feel the same way.

Edited by gooieooie

It's good. I wish we got it on the SNES back in the day, because I've heard a few people say that the DS version doesn't really do the unique visuals and atmosphere of the game justice.

It's good. I wish we got it on the SNES back in the day, because I've heard a few people say that the DS version doesn't really do the unique visuals and atmosphere of the game justice.

It does look nice. I played it back in 2000 emulated with the 90% fan translation.

Ha!

The answer is no. Many of us love the game, including me....

I always rant about how fantastic the game was, how it was well ahead of it's time, and how it surpasses the depth of any other game released around the same time.

Ha!

I always rant about how fantastic the game was, how it was well ahead of it's time, and how it surpasses the depth of any other game released around the same time.

Blink twice if you need help. We'll get someone for you, don't be afraid.

I love DQ6, it's probably top 3 for me too.  It's number 1 for my son who is currently farming Liquid Metal Minds from Nokturnus in an effort to master all classes on everyone.  *sniff* so proud...

• Upvote 2

I like the setting of the dream worlds a lot, and I do like the characters as well.

Ha!

Blink twice if you need help. We'll get someone for you, don't be afraid.

LOL!!! What is so wrong with the game, from your perspective? (I'm sure you've addressed this elsewhere, I just don't remember seeing it.

DQVI stole eal's girlfriend, he's never been the same since.

DQVI stole eal's girlfriend, he's never been the same since.

I was cucked worse then Guts.

I don't relate to Milly at all. She's just best girl.

More like distant, thirty times removed cousin's best friend's dog's owner brother's daughter. I was talking about how they both were basically slaves at one point. You know, what happened with Donovan.

Whatever it doesn't matter anyway.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

L, you're alive? Holy crap, this is great!