DLC items are (supposedly) becoming available

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently talking to the Nintendo customer service chat. I'll see what information I can get.   EDIT: Here's what the Nintendo customer service rep told me: "It doesn't look like there's anythin

I think Nintendo just decided that only the cool people can get these items. It would explain a lot.

Oh my God...wow, the places this topic has been to already.   So apparently ISP isn't an issue either, nor is location, nor location and ISP, nor routing setup, nor anything.   It seems more and m

You wonder, I'll just do other things. Tis not my lot in life to wonder about Squeenix. I just assume they're out to screw with our heads.

I assume the guy in charge of Final Fantasy XV was sitting around in his office watching the drama unfold around the game via fans. He was sitting back the whole time going, "Dance, puppets, DANCE!"

You wonder, I'll just do other things. Tis not my lot in life to wonder about Squeenix. I just assume they're out to screw with our heads.

I assume the guy in charge of Final Fantasy XV was sitting around in his office watching the drama unfold around the game via fans. He was sitting back the whole time going, "Dance, puppets, DANCE!"

• Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUOB8MN4Kc

Perfect.

Anyway, I'll try using the Download Item feature this weekend. Maybe the U.S. just has to wait a day or so for Erdrick's Sword.

Perfect.

Anyway, I'll try using the Download Item feature this weekend. Maybe the U.S. just has to wait a day or so for Erdrick's Sword.

That's what I'm hoping for.  If nothing tomorrow, then I'm going to try the delete extra data for Sunday.

Anytime someone uses the phrase "Dance, ___, dance!", I have flashbacks to Demyx and his bullshit water clones.

Dance, water, dance!

Yeah, $#!& you too Demyx.

I got a Gold Nugget today.

Goddamn it, Nintendo of America, being as incompetent as ever!

Edited by Dakhil

Damnit, just my end...got a Seed of bloody Defense.

Edited by ignasia7

I have yet to do any DLC for this game, better get on it soon.

Don't bother.

I got a Gold Nugget today.

Goddamn it, Nintendo of America, being as incompetent as ever!

Got that too.

Don't bother

Why would you say that?

The DLC has some of the best items the series has ever created.  One item reduces all incoming physical damage by like 30%.

Plus each item is unique, and if we're following the path the Japanese took, then we won't see ANY repeats.  If you miss them, they're gone.  So far Step would have missed the Candy Cane, but that's it.

Maybe they will repeat, afterall there are differences with the International release so far, and with the US DQ7 DLC releases (like different release schedule, and the exclusive two maps tied only to the SE shop are also part of the current normal release, when they weren't in Japan, but we'll see if they repeat).  That said, there's no way to be sure, so I would say, yes, do it.

Plus, why wouldn't you want Loto/Roto/Erdrick's Sword in DQ8?

Step, make a base file for replays.  Pick your favourite hero name, and make that your main file at the top.  Keep it in the Church at the very beginning, when you first get to Farebury.  That way you can come back to it over and over again for replays, and only miss the first 5 minutes of that opening sequence (or start a new game, play that part, then load up your base play with the DLC items, and repeat with that).  That way all replays will have your DLC items on hand from the get-go, and any potentially useful items received through the more randomized system.  So you could start out theoretically with 25 seeds.  If you have both saves used, whatever you get with one save carries into the other save slot.  So you can just start a single game, and use the other save slot playing your first playthrough, to gather items.  Might even be possible that way to even start at the very very very beginning, before any sequence, with items in your other save slot.  I might even do that for fun, see if that works, tomorrow sometime.

Don't bother

Why would you say that?

You and I have two very ways to play Dragon Quest. Feel free to advocate your method, but here's mine:

DLC is $#!&ed up. I'll post my big talk about it soon, but I'd prefer DQ just quit with DLC. I daresay more fans than not are picking this game up, beating it in a few weeks and done. So what does DLC get them? A few little treats and 1 or 2 nice nice thing. Not worth it.

I'll be done with DQ8 in a few weeks and never touch the 3DS version again most likely. I'll beat it, do some post game, maybe level 99 it, but then it's done for good for me. No need to worry about DLC for more than the next few weeks.

Fair enough, and I agree, I don't like it either, but it IS present.  As a result of it being present and part of the game, why deter people from using it when someone else might want to, and the items present ARE actually quite useful.  Heck, I'm not going to play the game until I've gotten all the special DLC items.  Then I'll have my backup for later replays with all those DLC equipment pieces.  Since it is present, I'm going to take advantage of it, as I know it would add more options for me in replays, which is what I'm likely to do anyway.

I have one save just outside Ascantha, but I haven't touched it since the three days I played with it.

You're also using a logical fallacy by associating your distaste with the quality and usefulness of the items present to deter people. That's up to others to decide.  You could just say that you don't like it, but given it is present, why do you feel you have the right to tell others to act as you do?  Especially when you're wrongfully stating it's not worth it, when the items present actually are worth it.  I can also point out the post where you did thank me for pointing out the usefulness of at least the Candy Cane.  Nevermind potential rare cheeses, seeds, and alchemy items that someone might find useful.

I get your frustration and anger, but let people decide on the merits whether they want to support it or not, and don't give out false statements just to appease your own anger.  That's a bit unfair, don't you think?

In not supporting DLC, how would that change anything?  The only way to get any real change is to start a writing campaign that gets support by Japanese players, that bombards Horii's office in demands to end DLC, and make DLC type items available through some other system inherent in the game, and that remains offline.  I'd be for that.

The only thing any campaign to stop people here from using DLC, is to just cut them off from it.  What if down the road some of those people actually DID want those items, and could have gained access, and didn't have time to play right now, or wanted a replay later?  That would kind of screw them over if they don't even have the option, and deter them from even wanting to replay.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

Anyway, I hope Ye Old Erdick's Blade will be available tomorrow. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I know who to blame.

Anyway, I hope Ye Old Erdick's Blade will be available tomorrow. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I know who to blame.

Is that the actual name of the sword?

Is that the actual name of the sword?

Apparently, yes.

Edited by Dakhil

I got Ye Olde Sword of Erdrick. I started up my second file so I can give it bonus items whenever I decide to replay the 3DS game again, and immediately got the sword after going through the opening cutscenes.

I also got a whole bunch of other items like Hard Cheese, a Double Bubble, Seed of Strength, and so forth. I wonder if it's possible to get another Candy Cane in this file.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I just connected and... Ye Olde Erdrick's was today's item. Has it worked for anyone else besides Yangus and myself?

It hasn't worked for me, considering I downloaded the DLC item (which was a Gold Nugget) before Nintendo of America fixed the problem. I'm waiting until tomorrow to see if I'll get Ye Olde Erdrick's Sword. I hope that's the case for me.

• Upvote 1

If people were able to get the Candy Cane days after it first became available, I'm sure you'll get Ye Olde Sword of Erdrick.

I just connected and... Ye Olde Erdrick's was today's item. Has it worked for anyone else besides Yangus and myself?

It hasn't worked for me, considering I downloaded the DLC item (which was a Gold Nugget) before Nintendo of America fixed the problem. I'm waiting until tomorrow to see if I'll get Ye Olde Erdrick's Sword. I hope that's the case for me.

It'll be fine.

Apparently you can alchemize Ye Olde Sword of Erdrick into a stronger weapon by combining it with a piece of Orchalcum and a Liquid Metal Sword. That's interesting because I wouldn't have guessed a DLC weapon was going to be up for alchemizing possibilites.

Apparently you can alchemize Ye Olde Sword of Erdrick into a stronger weapon by combining it with a piece of Orchalcum and a Liquid Metal Sword. That's interesting because I wouldn't have guessed a DLC weapon was going to be up for alchemizing possibilites.

It makes sense when you think about it. It's so weak so you can't just steamroll over enemies in the early game, but without having a use like the Candy Cane does, it would be a crappy weapon for late game, which would make it a poor prize. Something like Erdrick's Sword should be usable to some degree.