Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

DLC items are (supposedly) becoming available

Oh hey, Nintendo (or at least Nintendo of Europe) acknowledged the DLC items were released later than planned.

About 3 weeks late, amirite? Still, it's nice the items are finally open to distribution. I'm hoping in the next few days we'll see one of the other special items pop up. I may just start up a second game file just so I can get the items on both save files for the heck of it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/830056510164234242

Ummm... Is this really spotpass?

No, because several people mentioned spotpass was even setup for them when they logged in and got their cane o' da candy.

I just tried using the Download option again and got a seed of strength. It's really nice it's working.

I just tried using the Download option again and got a seed of strength. It's really nice it's working.

Interesting. I got a seed of agility.

I think the item changes every day or every few hours. Some people have gotten seeds, some have gotten alchemy items. I think (going off the Japanese version) the special weapons were given out on certain days, so maybe next week we'll see another special weapon like Erdrick's Sword.

I got a $#!&ing Magic Water. Just wonderful.

I got a $#!&ing Magic Water. Just wonderful.
It is wonderful. I just don't want super powerful $#!& every day. Good to know that isn't happening.

Yesterday I got a seed of life. Perhaps one day a week we'll get an exclusive item and the other 6 days are blue chest type random items?

Yesterday I got a seed of life. Perhaps one day a week we'll get an exclusive item and the other 6 days are blue chest type random items?

That's my guess too. I'm all for extra stat seeds or magic water.

• Upvote 1

Deleting the extra data did the trick for me. Managed to get my Candy Cane weapon today. Still a bit upset that I had to resort to doing something like this.

Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

I guess I'll have to dump my photos and delete the extra data because I still get the "No Bonus Items on Offer" still. I just tried, too.

I guess I'll have to dump my photos and delete the extra data because I still get the "No Bonus Items on Offer" still. I just tried, too.

We need a song to remember all of our lost photos (within the game).

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nPf7w7pDI]

At least they stay on your SD card so you can view your old ones on the 3DS photo gallery on the main screen.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

Open your eyes, look to the skies and see.

Once every two weeks.  It'll last through the weeks of September 1st through the 15th.  At that point there will be no special DLC items.  If it's like Japan, the distribution is a one-time only.  I don't know if they become part of the general items, but I do know that the rest of them aren't just blue chest items, there are items from EVERYWHERE in the game.  All normal items and even alchemy items are also available.  Cheeses, molds, milk, seeds, gold bars, orichalcum, magic beast hides, nails, etc.

I don't know though, but it would be awesome if there's a chance, even a slim chance, of the special equipment items being available, but from what I know, if you don't get them this one and only run, for the two weeks each is made available, that's it, you won't get them again without hacking your game.

I deleted the extra data and it worked. Thanks, Iggy for that. I got the Candy Cane scythe.

I was expecting a scythe where the blade was colored like a candy cane, not a giant candy cane itself.

• Upvote 1

Heh, np.  The others are a LOT more useful...well, maybe not so much the Golden Bamboo Pole, but a few are downright brokenly good.

Yeah, it's a bit funny to see that thing swing and hit.  Shame there isn't a santa or an elf costume to go with it, lol, or heck, a willy wonka costume, with a wonka bar shield ;).

LOL, ESPECIALLY given DQ9 has a Chris Kringle costume.  Yangus as Santa Clause would be awesome, lol.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

Ok so special items are one shot?

Ok so special items are one shot?

Kind of.

The way it works is every two weeks, until they're all done, there's a single special item.  Your first connection the week that special item is available, will always default to the special item.  The game runs a check for it in your inventory after, or that your particular account or 3DS + game (extra data identifier I'd guess), though it doesn't allow multiple of the same special item when deleting your extra data all over again, so it seems to check whether the item has been gotten...and if it sees you've already gotten it, it selects randomly from the others.

It's not a single item every hour or so, it's a literal RNG roll of the die, as there are ample numbers of people who have reported totally different hours within seconds and minutes of one another.  So given DQ's penchant for RNG mechanics, I'd favour that as the likely driver for what you get.

Well no special item.

Tomorrow, right? Friday Japan time.

We'll find out if the changeup for DQ8's items is Friday, Saturday, or Sunday this week.  So hopefully today.

• Upvote 1

Someone on GF has reported getting Erdrick's Sword. I'll have to check on it today.

*edit*

Yep, looks like the EU has Ye Old Erdrick's Blade, which means it should be available in NA in a few hours.

If you toss it in the alchemy pot with a Liquid Metal Blade and an Orichalcum, you'll get Erdrick's Blade (120 ATK).

Edited by McMarbles

I got a Seed of Wisdom :/

Count your blessings.  I got an Eau de Monster.

It seems only Europe is getting the Sword atm.  No one from the US has reported getting Erdrick's Sword yet.  So I have to wonder about that.