Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

DLC items are (supposedly) becoming available

No, the lamest thing on the planet is gonna be King's busted legs when I break them.

Ideas are bulletproof.
But not logic proof.
And your not Beatles proof.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgiQD56eWDk
And you're not Griffith proof.
You know nothing Jon Snow.

The north remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done.

Look, look around carefully. Strain your eyes. At the darkness around us... At the darkness... around me. You said, "anywhere but here". This is where. Here at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who've met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say "It doesn't matter where". If you follow me, this is where you'll go! This is your Eden! You run from it. It is no Eden. If you follow me... to this place... the entire world... is a battlefield.

But, do they really need us talking about it? Doesn't seem like something that's going to get them more sales or goodwill. Actually, it seems like it'd accomplish the exact opposite.

But, do they really need us talking about it? Doesn't seem like something that's going to get them more sales or goodwill. Actually, it seems like it'd accomplish the exact opposite.

Most of the people playing DQ8 right now are talking about it positively. From what I've seen at least. 

Most of the people playing DQ8 right now are talking about it positively. From what I've seen at least.

Sorry, I meant BEFORE it worked today. The past 2 weeks weren't positive. Of course now it's positive.

Sorry, I meant BEFORE it worked today. The past 2 weeks weren't positive. Of course now it's positive.

Oh, yeah. You're right. People were starting to get uppity, but I think that's the nature of this kind of thing. Once it happens though, the mood switches inside the community it affects. 

Oh, yeah. You're right. People were starting to get uppity, but I think that's the nature of this kind of thing. Once it happens though, the mood switches inside the community it affects. 

They're not really throwaway items.  Some are, but quite a few are rare things, or special easter egg items.  Like Erdrick's Sword requires it.  The Candy Cane (the item present now), which is actually VERY useful, despite Eal's assertion, is certainly not throwaway.  You might not care for it, but it has undeniably obvious uses.

The mood was a little testy, but if you promise something and don't put it out, then it should be released, and one should be angry.  Imagine you paid someone to fix your house, but they failed to finish a major portion of what you paid for, that was in the contract, and there was more than ample money accounted for to assure it could and would be done.  This is the same principle.

====

So it's not DNS server either.

It's definitely not, as a few others have noted, position, as someone as early as the first save in Alexandria managed to access.

It COULD be ISP related.

Edited by ignasia7

What is the Candy Cane useful for?

I've heard some say it only hits for 1hp, but is good for Metal slime hunting.

Well this topic exploded but not for the reasons I thought it would.

Anyone else have luck downloading anything? Anyone from the Midwest or central time zone?

They're not really throwaway items.  Some are, but quite a few are rare things, or special easter egg items.  Like Erdrick's Sword requires it.  The Candy Cane (the item present now), which is actually VERY useful, despite Eal's assertion, is certainly not throwaway.  You might not care for it, but it has undeniably obvious uses.

The mood was a little testy, but if you promise something and don't put it out, then it should be released, and one should be angry.  Imagine you paid someone to fix your house, but they failed to finish a major portion of what you paid for, that was in the contract, and there was more than ample money accounted for to assure it could and would be done.  This is the same principle.

====

So it's not DNS server either.

It's definitely not, as a few others have noted, position, as someone as early as the first save in Alexandria managed to access.

It COULD be ISP related.

I was being a little general about it, since the last DLC set was for Heroes, and all the weapons are outdated just over an hour into the game. 

As mentioned, Metal Slime hunting.  With the Lord's Bracer (doubles damage), you'll do 2 damage, and with Tension boosting, that's enough to kill an MKS, similar to the methods used for MKS hunting with Metal Slash.

Stealing with Stainless Steel Sickle.  It's easier if you can deal 1 damage, since you can just keep going at it round after round after round until an item is finally stolen.  In the PS2 version, you had to use a Skull Helm equipped to Yangus to pull this off.  In this version with the candy cane, that Skull Helm can now be used for a Timbrel of Tension or a Sun Crown.

LOL, yeah, the Heroes set was a little ridiculous. Fun, if anything.  Just for the thrill of it...

That's what the skull helm was meant for? I always used it for the Timbrel ASAP because the Trimbel is the best thing you can alchemize.

#TimbrelofTensionisBestItem

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

As mentioned, Metal Slime hunting.  With the Lord's Bracer (doubles damage), you'll do 2 damage, and with Tension boosting, that's enough to kill an MKS, similar to the methods used for MKS hunting with Metal Slash.

Stealing with Stainless Steel Sickle.  It's easier if you can deal 1 damage, since you can just keep going at it round after round after round until an item is finally stolen.  In the PS2 version, you had to use a Skull Helm equipped to Yangus to pull this off.  In this version with the candy cane, that Skull Helm can now be used for a Timbrel of Tension or a Sun Crown.

LOL, yeah, the Heroes set was a little ridiculous. Fun, if anything.  Just for the thrill of it...

Ah, thank you.  I do see value in that although I never bother to steal in DQ games.

That's what the skull helm was meant for? I always used it for the Trimbel ASAP because the Trimbel is the best thing you can alchemize.

#TimbrelofTensionisBestItem

See, that's what I thought too.

It's not ISP either.  Can't be firewall or nothing would get through at all.  Toonadri mentioned on GameFAQs a potential overload.  That's still possible even now.  Improbable, but not altogether impossible.

No, the lamest thing on the planet is gonna be King's busted legs when I break them.

Ideas are bulletproof.
But not logic proof.
Look, look around carefully. Strain your eyes. At the darkness around us... At the darkness... around me. You said, "anywhere but here". This is where. Here at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who've met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say "It doesn't matter where". If you follow me, this is where you'll go! This is your Eden! You run from it. It is no Eden. If you follow me... to this place... the entire world... is a battlefield.

Don't be so quick to throw away your life. No matter how disgraceful or embarrassing it may be, you need to keep struggling to find your way out until the very

Oh my God...wow, the places this topic has been to already.

So apparently ISP isn't an issue either, nor is location, nor location and ISP, nor routing setup, nor anything.

It seems more and more that Toonadri's guess at server overload may be correct.

There are even people who have retried again and again and again, and finally broke through and got their Candy Cane.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

Ideas are bulletproof.
But not logic proof.

Don't be so quick to throw away your life. No matter how disgraceful or embarrassing it may be, you need to keep struggling to find your way out until the very

You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.

I'm still getting the "No Bonus items on offer"

oh well

Just have to keep trying.  I've given up for now.  I'm going to kill stuff in 7 for the heck of it. Get Super Kiefer some new gear...like that sweet Windcheater and a Slime Crown.

I'll try again after dinner.

Edited by ignasia7

First try. c9adef8304c15b4b86ed5676a664f844.jpg

This is making me more and more hopeful that when I get home tonight I'll get the download to work.

• Upvote 1

I'll just use my angst to travel to the dark world. It's about that time.

I just tried about six minutes ago. Got the Candy Cane.

I just tried about six minutes ago. Got the Candy Cane.

Awesome! If the west coast is having luck downloading it, my chances of downloading it here in the Midwest just went up!

Yangus needs his sugar (do-do-dooo-do-dooo-dooooooooo).