Sign in to follow this  
ignasia

Blue Chests

I have pinned this and added to the Den as well

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq83ds/blue_chests.php

Let me know as you update :)

LOL, woo, cool, thanks Woodus.

If there are any other things I have missed that should be added to that section let me know.

And I forgot to add the credit line at the top, added that.

Has the list of which blue chests belong to which loot groups been completed? 'Cause I just got a skill seed out of the one near the Herb Grotto, and I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be only in the highest-ranked ones.

Has the list of which blue chests belong to which loot groups been completed? 'Cause I just got a skill seed out of the one near the Herb Grotto, and I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be only in the highest-ranked ones.

No, I haven't spent any time with DQ8.  I should do that.  The Japanese lists don't have all of them filled in, so I may as well just do it.

Farebury and Alexandria = Level 1.  I'll just have to reformat.  Alright, I'll play DQ8 in a rush job to get to whatever point is necessary to access all chests (godbird).

I'll keep a listing of my progress here.  Wow is it going slower than I recall.

Ok, finished Ascantha.  Since I started out with a fisticuff only quest...err, I'm keeping it that way.  Farmed exp from Metal Slimes in the walkway to the hill beneath Emma's Grandmother's place.

Now in Pickham, playing Bingo on the back area bingo machine.  The fastest in the PS2, still fastest here...actually I've noticed none of the slots and bingo machines were altered in terms of their success rates from the PS2, at least in Pickham.  I wonder if the same goes for Baccarat?

At 37,000 tokens.  Need to hit 60k minimum, 70k for a safe spot for now.  Then I can move on and just blow through the rest of the game.  Fisticuffs is a little more...defense reliant until level 38, and I can actually max out that skill tree.

I'm only going to stop at the Godbird, so the moment I can fly around, I'll finish up the blue chests, then return to DQ7.

---

Edit: 60+k tokens later, time to buy and gear up Angelo and the Hero a bit better, then sell a few things to deck out the party a little.  Now seed distribution and save scumming, then time to move on.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

Ok, I am just after getting the Pirate's Cove finished up, recruiting both Morrie and Red (back to back...kind of wish I waited a little on Morrie now, given their level differences, but oh well).

I received my second copy of DQ7 in the mail this past Saturday, and I've been between this and that file, testing a few things, and making a second Super Kiefer...who I'm going to get one more level, then finish this up, so I can focus entirely on DQ7.

I'm going to take pictures of all available chests that do not require the Godbird, given the ease of travel with Baumrun.  I was way off when I said a few months back that DQ7 3DS has a larger map.  It might be the second largest DQ game world that I've experienced, and VIII's movement speed is soooo slow it seems much larger than it really is, but I'd say 8 is about 30% larger for the world in general, then counting in the seas, and the travel time for the ship is about 1/3rd as slow as the ship movement speed in VII, on top of having a larger ship map in general?  VIII's extended oceans (it's almost another 20% beyond the borders of the map...crazy, on both ends, so essentially 40% larger map just due to the extended ocean you can't see) just render it into a truly massive world.  Seriously, wtf where they thinking with that extension?

Anyway, hopefully I'll have a fair portion of the blue chests knocked out tonight.  I'll go one by one.  After taking all pictures, I'll start on a map.  Maybe later on I'll tweak it to a special map that lets you select different types of things to show on it, and special locations, but for now it'll be a specific blue chest map for farming purposes, and that's it.

Cool, good luck :thumbsup:

So we're OK with him posting pictures of blue chests from all over? Or have the naked Avatar ladies/Smurfette jokes already played out?

• Upvote 2

Nice :laugh: I usually am thinking that way and I didn't even think that on this topic

• Upvote 1

Nice I usually am thinking that way and I didn't even think that on this topic

King Z hit upon that last month.

All chest locations done!

j/k  I'm still getting pictures and figuring out a few chests as to what category they are, but...err, enjoy?

Bloody, I have to upload to photobucket.  I still can't create any new albums on this site...not sure why, and the forums won't let me just copy-paste pics from my computer folder, and then embed/copy those.  Yay, more work tonight.

Edited by ignasia7

New member eRiZ sent me a list of chest locations, I updated the other blue chest info with the list that was provided.

New member eRiZ sent me a list of chest locations, I updated the other blue chest info with the list that was provided.

Wow, very cool, but his/her explanations of location need a little correction

Level 1

• Farebury, Behind Waterfall  <- Should be "West side of"
  • Farebury, south side of castle  <- Direction should always be capitalized if using compass terms, castle should be "town", and it's not on the side...that's not even close.  "From town East exit, at the base of a tree between two hills just slightly E/SE from town"
  • Farebury, west side of castle  <- Should read  "From town West exit, nook in hills opposite the game's starting point."
  • Farebury, south side passed fork  <- Should read "From town East exit, follow the road to the first fork, take the East fork and it's just at the base of a hill on your right."
  • Farebury, just west of the Red Leaf Tree <- It's "North", not "West"
  • MISSING CHEST (see below)
  • Port Prospect, just north of Zoom point  <- It's "North East, on a small hill overlooking the town entry."
  • Tower of Alexandria, far east on the beach just south of tower  <- Should read either "East end of the beach just South of tower" or "Just South and a little West of tower, on the beach" with the first probably a better wording.

Level 2

• Ascantha, hillside south of city just before the forest  <- South, of course, and the rest is good, but maybe pop in the word "Directly" before South
  • Ascantha/Riverside Church, just off the trail connecting the 2 places
  • Simpleton, just north on the trail towards the Riverside Church
  • Maella Abbey, right outside on the way to Simpleton
  • Monster Arena, backside of arena
  • Swordsman's Labyrinth, straight southwards from the Zoom point

Level 3

• Trodain, east next to river bank
  • Neos, just south of Zoom point
  • Savella Cathedral, southern part of the trail
  • Princess Minnie's Island, west side on the beach
  • Trodain, south of Zoom point next to pond
  • Trodain, backside of church to the west outside of tunnel

Level 4

• Seaview Church, just behind the church
  • Dragon Graveyard, behind bonepile near dungeon entrance
  • Dragon Graveyard, behind the Desert Chapel
  • Mystical Spring, on the trail between spring and blind man's house
  • Argonia, on the trail westward right above y-fork
  • Arcadia, just south of Zoom point
  • Chateau Felix, right outside off of the trail leading to Chateau
  • Dark Ruins, next to rock just before east embankment

Level 5

• Arcadia, trail towards Rhydon's Tower next to a rock
  • Rhydon's Tower, behind the church to the north
  • Orkutsk, straight west from town next to mountains
  • Empycchu, north part of island above water landing point
  • Dark Empycchu, Top NE part of island
  • Tryan Gully, just south of the Zoom point

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

He forgot one in Chest Group 1:

Alexandria, on the right side of the bridge, coming from Farebury

===

I'll finish rewriting and reordering their positions later.  More picture taking today, then I'll just upload everything.  From what I find in my own data, yeah, he or she is right so far on all of them.

===

Enhanced/Edited version of the list (DO NOT USE THIS to copy-paste...I'm tweaking a few, then reposting below with pictures):

Level 1 (50/100/150 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Holy Water, Amor Seco Essence, Seed of Wisdom)

1. Farebury,  From town West exit, nook in hills opposite the game's starting point
  2. Farebury,  From town East exit, at the base of a tree between two hills just slightly E/SE from town
  3. Farebury,  From town East exit, follow the road to the first fork, take the East fork and it's just at the base of a hill on your right
  4. Farebury,  Just North of the Red Leaf Tree
  5. Farebury,  West side of Waterfall
  6. Alexandria,  On the right side of the bridge leading from Farebury to Alexandria
  7. Tower of Alexandria,  East end of the beach just South of tower
  8. Port Prospect,  North East, on a small hill overlooking the town entry

Level 2 (100/200/300 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Mystifying Mixture, Special Medicine, Seed of Agility, Gold Bullion)

1. Maella Abbey,  Right outside on the way to Simpleton
  2. Simpleton,  Just North on the trail towards the Riverside Church, about 1/3 way to the church
  3. Ascantha,  Just off the trail to the East of the Riverside Church, against a rock wall facing the church and Emma's grandmother
  4. Ascantha,  Hillside directly South of city just before the forest
  5. Monster Arena,  East side of arena
  6. Swordsman's Labyrinth,  Straight Southwards from the Zoom point

Level 3 (200/400/600 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Rockbomb Shard, Special Antidote, Seed of Strength, Gold Bullion)

1. Trodain,  Backside of church to the West outside of tunnel
  2. Trodain,  East next to river bank past the bridge to Farebury
  3. Trodain,  South of Zoom point on West end of pond
  4. Princess Minnie's Island,  West side on the beach
  5. Neos,  Just South of Zoom point
  6. Savella Cathedral,  Southern part of the trail, about halfway to the SW shoreline

Level 4 (300/600/900 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Lesser Panacea, Seed of Resilience, Seed of Life, Gold Bullion)

1. Seaview Church,  Just behind the church
  2. Chateau Felix,  Right outside, SE, off of the trail leading to Chateau
  3. Dark Ruins,  Next to rock just before East embankment
  4. Mystical Spring,  On the trail between spring and blind Sage's house
  5. Argonia,  On the trail Westward right above y-fork, directly West of Argonia
  6. Argonia,  Just South of Arcadia Zoom point, nestled into corner of rock wall leading to the Western Waterfall with the Puff-Puff entrance
  7. Dragon Graveyard,  Behind bone pile just NE of dungeon entrance
  8. Dragon Graveyard,  Behind the Desert Chapel

Level 5 (400/800/1200 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Greater Panacea, Seed of Skill, Seed of Magic)

1. Arcadia,  Trail on the way to Rhydon's Tower in front of a rock
  2. Arcadia,  Behind the church to the North
  3. Orkutsk,  Straight West from town next to mountains
  4. Empycchu,  North part of island above water landing point
  5. Dark Empycchu,  Same spot as Light World
  6. Tryan Gully,  Just South of the Zoom point
Edited by ignasia7

Level 1 (50/100/150 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Holy Water, Amor Seco Essence, Seed of Wisdom)

1. Farebury,  From town West exit, nook in hills opposite the game's starting point
  2. Farebury,  From town East exit, at the base of a tree between two hills just slightly E/SE from town
  3. Farebury,  From town East exit, follow the road to the first fork, take the East fork and it's just at the base of a hill on your right
  4. Farebury,  Just North of the Red Leaf Tree
  5. Farebury,  West side of Waterfall
  6. Alexandria,  On the right side of the bridge leading from Farebury to Alexandria
  7. Tower of Alexandria,  East end of the beach just South of tower
  8. Port Prospect,  North East, on a small hill overlooking the town entry

Chest 1:

large.FareburyRegionBC1.jpg.ce9c0269d4ed

Quicksave spot Access for Chest 1:

large.FareburyRegionSAVEPointforBC1.jpg.

Chests 2 / 3 / 4:

large.FareburyRegionBC2.jpg.a9cba64edf9e large.FareburyRegionBC3.jpg.8e689e170bf3 large.FareburyRegionBC4.jpg.7af36dc09a1b

Quicksave spot for Chests 2 / 3 / 4:

large.FareburyRegionSAVEPointforBC2-3-4.

Chest 5:

large.FareburyRegionBC5.jpg.9a041eb19745

Quicksave spot for Chest 5:

large.FareburyRegionSAVEPointforBC5.jpg.

Chest 6:

large.AlexandriaRegionBC1.jpg.7fe00e578c

Quicksave spot for Chest 6:

large.AlexandriaRegionSAVEPointforBC1.jp

Chest 7:

large.AlexandriaRegionBC2.jpg.22cb30c925

Quicksave spot for Chest 7:

large.AlexandriaRegionSAVEPointforBC2.jp

Chest 8:

large.AlexandriaRegionBC3.jpg.cc3e80b615

Quicksave spot for Chest 8:

large.AlexandriaRegionSAVEPointforBC3.jp

Level 2 (100/200/300 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Mystifying Mixture, Special Medicine, Seed of Agility, Gold Bullion)

1. Maella Abbey,  Right outside on the way to Simpleton
  2. Simpleton,  Just North on the trail towards the Riverside Church, about 1/3 way to the church
  3. Ascantha,  Just off the trail to the East of the Riverside Church, against a rock wall facing the church and Emma's grandmother
  4. Ascantha,  Hillside directly South of city just before the forest
  5. Pickham,  East side of Monster Arena
  6. Swordsman's Labyrinth,  Straight Southwards from the Zoom point

Chest 1:

large.5a1390f3a7ab2_MaellaRegionBC1.jpg.

Quicksave spot for Chest 1:

large.5a1390f71b283_MaellaRegionSAVEPoin

Chest 2:

large.5a1390f56f331_MaellaRegionBC2.jpg.

Quicksave spot for Chest 2:

large.5a1390f8e2918_MaellaRegionSAVEPoin

Chest 3 (note there are two pictures because the map is off in relation to the actual position):

large.5a138ebf12744_AscanthaRegionBC1pic large.5a138ec07e3fa_AscanthaRegionBC1pic

Quicksave spot for Chest 3 (enter the church here and save inside):

large.5a138ec2dda36_AscanthaRegionSAVEPo

Chest 4:

large.5a138ec1b44a8_AscanthaRegionBC2.jp

Quicksave spot for Chest 4:

large.5a138ec4388c8_AscanthaRegionSAVEPo

Chest 5:

large.5a1391b53b6e0_PickhamRegionBC1.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chest 5 (head inside the Arena to save):

large.5a1391b85f913_PickhamRegionSAVEPoi large.5a1391ba7dceb_PickhamRegionSAVEPoi

Chest 6:

large.5a1391b6d5ddd_PickhamRegionBC2.jpg

large.5a1391bbea7a3_PickhamRegionSAVEPoi

Edited by ignasia

Level 3 (200/400/600 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Rockbomb Shard, Special Antidote, Seed of Strength, Gold Bullion)

1. Trodain,  Backside of church to the West outside of tunnel
  2. Trodain,  East next to river bank past the bridge to Farebury
  3. Trodain,  South of Zoom point on West end of pond
  4. Princess Minnie's Island,  West side on the beach
  5. Neos,  Just South of Zoom point
  6. Savella Cathedral,  Southern part of the trail, about halfway to the SW shoreline

Chest 1:

large.5a1392c60b239_TrodainRegionBC3.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chest 1 (enter church and save inside):

large.5a1392c98787f_TrodainRegionSAVEPoi large.5a1392cac6321_TrodainRegionSAVEPoi

Chests 2 / 3:

large.5a1392c45bfd1_TrodainRegionBC2.jpg large.5a1392c2e27bc_TrodainRegionBC1.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chests 2 / 3:

large.5a1392c7e68a2_TrodainRegionSAVEPoi

Chest 4 (the island map is a little deceptive in terms of position, as the cursor never actually moves, only changes direction, so two pictures):

large.5a13920cddc3e_PrincessMinnieBC.jpg large.5a13920b3197b_PrincessMinnieBCpic2

Quicksave spot for Chest 4 (clearly this is inside Princess Minnie's castle, so reverse stance to face the door before saving):

large.5a1392c7e68a2_TrodainRegionSAVEPoi

Chest 5:

large.5a13912cbdf9c_NeosRegionBC.jpg.b47

Quicksave spot for Chest 5:

large.5a13912e96c28_NeosRegionSavePointf

Chest 6:

large.5a1392422cd07_SavellaRegionBC.jpg.

large.5a139244522b2_SavellaRegionSAVEPoi

Edited by ignasia

Level 4 (300/600/900 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Lesser Panacea, Seed of Resilience, Seed of Life, Gold Bullion)

1. Baccarat,  Just behind the Seaview Church
  2. Baccarat,  Right outside Chateau Felix, SE, off of the trail leading to Chateau Felix
  3. Dark Ruins,  Next to rock just before East embankment
  4. Argonia,  On the trail between the Mystical Spring and blind Sage's house
  5. Argonia,  On the trail Westward right above y-fork, directly West of Argonia
  6. Argonia,  Just South of Arcadia Zoom point, nestled into corner of rock wall leading to the Western Waterfall with the Puff-Puff entrance
  7. Dragon's Graveyard / SW Desert,  Behind the Desert Chapel
  8. Dragon's Graveyard / SW Desert,  Behind bone pile just NE of dungeon entrance

Chest 1:

large.5a138f17a6313_BaccaratRegionBC1.jp

Quicksave spot for Chest 1 (quicksave just inside the church):

large.5a138f1a58a98_BaccaratRegionSAVEPo large.5a138f1bbeb4c_BaccaratRegionSAVEPo

Chest 2:

large.5a138f190dad1_BaccaratRegionBC2.jp

Quicksave spot for Chest 2:

large.5a138f1d64f96_BaccaratRegionSAVEPo

Chest 3:

large.5a138f5451e13_DarkRuinsRegionBC.jp

Quicksave spot for Chest 3 (this is taken just inside the entrance to the Dark Ruins, turn around to face the world map exit and quicksave):

large.5a138f55b0962_DarkRuinsRegionSAVEP

Chest 4:

large.5a138e66a25cd_ArgoniaRegionBC1.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chest 4 (enter the Sage's house and quicksave just inside the door):

large.5a138e6ade39f_ArgoniaRegionSAVEPoi large.5a138e6c68827_ArgoniaRegionSAVEPoi

Chest 5:

large.5a138e681e28b_ArgoniaRegionBC2.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chest 5 (enter the tent and quicksave just inside):

large.5a138e6dcbb69_ArgoniaRegionSAVEPoi large.5a138e6f4b205_ArgoniaRegionSAVEPoi

Chest 6:

large.5a138e699e8f9_ArgoniaRegionBC3.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chest 6 (make sure to save where the pointer lies, at the South gate):

large.5a138e70ad8ae_ArgoniaRegionSAVEPoi

Chest 7:

large.5a139279025cb_SWDesertRegionBC1.jp

Quicksave spot for Chest 7 (quicksave just inside the church):

large.5a13927c20fba_SWDesertRegionSAVEPo large.5a13927dc304b_SWDesertRegionSAVEPo

Chest 8:

large.5a13927a840e2_SWDesertRegionBC2.jp

Quicksave spot for Chest 8:

large.5a13927f6a51e_SWDesertRegionSAVEPo

Edited by ignasia

Level 5 (400/800/1200 Gold, Magic Water, Eau de Monster, Greater Panacea, Seed of Skill, Seed of Magic)

1. Arcadia,  Trail on the way to Rhydon's Tower in front of a rock
  2. Arcadia,  Behind the church to the North
  3. Orkutsk,  Straight West from town next to mountains
  4. Empycchu,  North part of island above water landing point
  5. Dark Empycchu,  Same spot as Light World
  6. Tryan Gully,  Just South of the Zoom point

Chest 1:

large.5a138e164570e_ArcadiaRegionBC1.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chest 1 (make sure to quicksave at the North gate):

large.5a138e1277e4e_ArcadiaRegionSAVEPoi

Chest 2:

large.5a138e1109566_ArcadiaRegionBC2.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chest 2 (quicksave just inside the church):

large.5a138e13ce908_ArcadiaRegionSAVEPoi large.5a138e1524638_ArcadiaRegionSAVEPoi

Chest 3:

large.5a139179baf22_OrkutskRegionBC.jpg.

Quicksave spot for Chest 3 (this is only slightly faster than saving in the grotto):

large.5a13917b4dfd9_OrkutskRegionSAVEPoi

Chests 4 and 5 (the dark world version is in the exact same spot):

large.5a138fc5bc66a_EmpycchuRegionBC.jpg

Quicksave spot for Chests 4 and 5 (the dark world version is in the exact same spot):

large.5a138fc722ecd_EmpycchuRegionSAVEPo

Chest 6:

large.5a1392fa459cf_TryanGullyRegionBC.j

large.5a1392fb9e034_TryanGullyRegionSAVE

Edited by ignasia

Sorry for my lateness to anyone who cares any longer.

Edited by ignasia7

After Yo-Kai Watch 2, I'll get back to this.

Nope you are good, when you get the rest done let me know and I will update the Den section

After Yo-Kai Watch 2, I'll get back to this.

LOL, yeah, I'm avoiding that series because of pokemon antics.  I think I had 500 hours in Joker 2 alone with only the base models pre-created for a series of uber boss synthesis.  LOL, I'm surprised you'd be able to get through it for awhile.  Plus people will likely get back to this.

The moment I'm able to rip my DQ7 saves for Woodus to put up here (for anyone who wants to enjoy a little Super Kiefer at level 99...and essentially a "perfect start"), I'll do the same with DQ8, as I plan on using a base save with all the DLC items locked to it.  So if you're stuck on Yo-Kai Watch 2 for awhile, maybe you'll come back to one of those two options, if you're able to exploit them, or want to...whatever, lol.

Anyway, have fun, that game series seems like a blast.

Nope you are good, when you get the rest done let me know and I will update the Den section

Cool, thanks Woodus.  Will do!  Though I am wondering one thing.  Not sure if it's my browser, but the Bullet/Number system doesn't show up after I post, only when I select to edit.  For that matter, my original post of tweaks to this altered the spacing as well.  Like all format data doesn't show up.  I'm not sure why.

Edited by ignasia7

Well you could always just put it all in a word document (or other word processor) and I can use that to update the main Den page if that would be easier.

So I decided to run another check on which chests are what level.

Turns out Levels 2 and 3 also carry Gold Bullion, and the chest outside the monster arena is actually chest level 2, not 4.

So it really is fixed to a chest level per region/area.

I'm going to toy around with a level 5 chest for a bit to see how many items I can potentially get out of it.

The rest seem to be spot on, but I didn't spend much time with each, and didn't thoroughly investigate as much as I should have, just to be sure.  I'd wager level 5's have an extra goody as well.  I'll have to run another test on the other chests sometime later, since I opened them all, but for the special items and gold pieces I did get, they all seem to be correct, though it's certainly possible level 4 has another extra that should belong to level 3, we'll see.

The ones I'm absolutely certain about:

Neos / Savella / Minnie / Farebury / Alexandria / Maella / Ascantha / Pickham / NE most chest in Trodain / Arcadia / Orkutsk

So what I need to double check again:

Baccarat / Dark Ruins / Argonia / SW Desert / the other two Trodain chests

I'm going to thoroughly explore the Empycchu/Dark Empycchu chests, and Tryan Gully, just in case.

Other things that require checking:

1) Do Sabercat's change chest contents (both if the animation appears, and if no animation)

2) Does the ship change chest contents

3) Does the Godbird change chest contents

Edited by ignasia7

Woodus, feel free to add the above lists with pictures.  I'm done with DQ8 for a bit.  I'll work on maps later, for now I'd rather play DQ7, or something else.

Edited by ignasia7

Tacked on Rule #7 as per ekomega from GameFAQs findings.