Sign in to follow this  
mjhopkins81

DQVIII 3DS Weekly Downloads via SpotPass?

So...I've checked the various official Nintendo websites, and keep seeing that there is supposed to be free weekly DLC available via SpotPass until September 2017.  Did they just...forget?  Has anyone managed to figure out if it's gone live, or am I just missing how to get these items?

Open up the menu, head into "Misc.", and one of the options will be "Download Bonus Items". There's nothing available yet, though.

Nothing has gone live yet. For NA at least. Not sure about EU. I'd see what Nintendo says tomorrow. Thursday is usually their update day for stuff, but no clue if it's Nintendo pushing these out or Square Enix.

Yeah; I've been hitting the "Download Bonus Item" option every day, for a week.  I figured that Thursday would be their update days, like they were for DQVII, but...*rolls eyes*...getting answers out of either Nintendo or SE is like there not being a trap door behind the Iron Maiden.

The DQ VII stuff wasn't immediate either, if I recall correctly. Probably want to give people time to actually play it.

You could download tablets for Dragon Quest VII as soon as it launched. Surprised VIII hasn't gotten anything yet though.

• Upvote 1

I am guessing they are waiting for a while so more people get their copies before starting it. I have a feeling that the weekly stuff will be a one time thing only. Instead of cycling like the tablets in DQVII.

My guess about daily/weekly stuff?

43e61d9a347eb714003c0e080269e8ca.jpg

This might be very true. Apparently all mention of DLC has been striken from all websites advertising the game, and unless they are having problems...well, it's not coming.

• Upvote 1

This might be very true. Apparently all mention of DLC has been striken from all websites advertising the game, and unless they are having problems...well, it's not coming.
Blame Trump
  • Upvote 2

Blame Trump
d2dba34bb48e56e67485815eeaa820fc.jpg

Blame Trump

You know what I like about that picture? It shows off how Red and Morrie are apart of the team once they join. I figured it would only be your active party members you could talk to, so seeing them alongside everyone else is nice.

Blame Trump
You know what I like about that picture? It shows off how Red and Morrie are apart of the team once they join. I figured it would only be your active party members you could talk to, so seeing them alongside everyone else is nice.
They're not excluded. They're not apart. They're a part of the team.
  • Upvote 1

That's what I meant. I didn't think about how I was using "a part," so I forgot the space. I blame BlindJim.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

Starting to consider on sending a ticket to SE about this. A bit ridiculous on how all of this is being handled. At least come out and say that they don't have any plans with it.

As nice as it would be to get an answer, they would probably dodge the question somehow.

Seems odd to me they would advertise the DLC on the website for as long as they did then suddenly drop those advertisements from the website a few days after launch.

Maybe they'll end up releasing everything in one big package, or not. There's some kind of campaign for the DLC going on over on GameFAQs, led by our own ignasia7 who seems to have abandoned the Den,.

I think it'll come eventually. They released the DLC in Japan, all they need to do is translate item names and descriptions for other language releases. 

Maybe they'll end up releasing everything in one big package, or not. There's some kind of campaign for the DLC going on over on GameFAQs, led by our own ignasia7 who seems to have abandoned the Den,.

I feel like it's probably (if not partially) my fault if ignasia7 seemed to abandon Dragon's Den.

But I'm still baffled by Square Enix's indecisiveness when it comes to Dragon Quest in the West (even though I shouldn't be).

I think it'll come eventually. They released the DLC in Japan, all they need to do is translate item names and descriptions for other language releases.

That's likely already done. I'll bet the items are already in the game, much like the DQVC content in IX.
  • Upvote 1

I asked at Nintendo and no one seems to know which way is up DLc-wise