Sign in to follow this  
Sword_of_Dusk

Let's give thanks to our hardworking members of the community!

I had the realization earlier that I've rarely seen a topic like this on any site that gives due credit to those that work their butts off to grace us with information we wouldn't have without their help. Whether it be masters of the mechanics, translators who provide insight from interviews, or the people that work like hell to campaign for this series, or even the one who made this site possible, they all do so much.

So, I just wanted to give a heartfelt thanks to all of you guys who give up precious time to this series beyond simply playing the games. You guys (and gals too, I'm sure) are the best.

Anyone else want to chime in?

• Upvote 9

I agree with the OP, don't really have anything special to add.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the OP, don't really have anything special to add.

• Upvote 1

Haha, yes. Thank you to everyone who puts everything together. Even when we just needed pictures of a monster, my bro and I have used Woodus for years. So on his behalf and mine. Thanks for the wonderful slime

• Upvote 1

Actually, if this is a thank you topic, we need some celebration music. Cue the various victory fanfares!

• Upvote 1

Dragon Quest fans are really something special. Hardworking and friendly usually don't go together when we talk about most fanbases but yet, here we are. The people, makes this series worth fighting for honestly. 

So yes, thank you to all those who translated, to all those who run blogs and sites dedicated for DQ, for those who fight for localization, and so much more.

I love you all and I hope you never change. 

• Upvote 4

Well I haven't really been long, but I like it here, and I like everyone so far. This is a great site, and an awesome conmunity.

I somehow feel like I owe a lot of the incoming DQ games to you guys. And I hope I can help make this amazing franchise a little bit more popular in the west. I talk to all of my friends about it, in time they will give in and play them. ;)

Anyway, thank yall!

Edited by Rock_DJ
  • Upvote 1

Anymore I just host the site, you guys do all the real work submitting things for me to add :)

• Upvote 3

Thanks to everyone here for being such dedicated Dragon Quest fans, and a special thanks to the folks who have helped take pictures and let me stay with them on my journeys.

• Upvote 2

I'm grateful all the time about their hard work. : P

• Upvote 1

People like AerynB and Mimas are inspiring, or yab, or TheMysticalOne, or even people who help out a little bit here and there, like Jay and Glaceon.  Even the artists, and the people who run the various campaigns or who have helped out.  I know I've been an ass in my own campaign, the current one, and it probably does feel like a slight to the community, and it's not right of me.  The people who are actively pushing for DQX and XI, and those who actively participated in the art campaigns, and pushed hard on twitter...thank you, taking the time out of your busy lives can be difficult at times, and I appreciate your hard work and dedication.  To those who create art, music, costumes, and share your daily work...thanks, it's very meaningful and touching to see the level of fun you put into making DQ part of your lives, and sharing it with the community.

I really can't say I do much of anything.  Or help out much, but I do appreciate Woodus letting me use the boards to just data dump when I can.  Sorry it never amounts to any direct additions to the site though.  So I can't actually claim to be part of the crowd that does actively help in the fashion described.

So thank you Sword, that's a very meaningful thing you've done here, and I do thank you.  This is long been deserved for those members who have put their precious time and effort into whatever endeavour makes being a fan more enjoyable, be it art, or adding to game data, maps, etc.

I don't consider myself part of this community any longer.  I shouldn't.  I've burned too many bridges, especially of late.  So I'll try to help out when I can, and use that to try and make amends.  I keep thinking I should just leave, but honestly, part of me doesn't want to.  I don't deserve to be part of this community, not after my last few posts, and I get the impression the major avoidance of me is due mostly to my outbursts...and potential things I've said and written.  I should have been more understanding and less confrontational or controversial.  That's a failing on my part, and I am ashamed to say my recent actions dishonor and slight the contributions and helpful posts and useful information provided by many who do go out of their ways.  I will not ask for forgiveness, for I don't believe I deserve any.  I'll just leave it at this.

Thank you, and my sincerest apologies.  I will try to be a boon to the community instead of a bane.  If I show any emotional outburst, feel free to call me on it, or ignore me, I'll try not to take it personally.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 4

People like AerynB and Mimas are inspiring, or yab, or TheMysticalOne, or even people who help out a little bit here and there, like Jay and Glaceon.  Even the artists, and the people who run the various campaigns or who have helped out.  I know I've been an ass in my own campaign, the current one, and it probably does feel like a slight to the community, and it's not right of me.  The people who are actively pushing for DQX and XI, and those who actively participated in the art campaigns, and pushed hard on twitter...thank you, taking the time out of your busy lives can be difficult at times, and I appreciate your hard work and dedication.  To those who create art, music, costumes, and share your daily work...thanks, it's very meaningful and touching to see the level of fun you put into making DQ part of your lives, and sharing it with the community.

I really can't say I do much of anything.  Or help out much, but I do appreciate Woodus letting me use the boards to just data dump when I can.  Sorry it never amounts to any direct additions to the site though.  So I can't actually claim to be part of the crowd that does actively help in the fashion described.

So thank you Sword, that's a very meaningful thing you've done here, and I do thank you.  This is long been deserved for those members who have put their precious time and effort into whatever endeavour makes being a fan more enjoyable, be it art, or adding to game data, maps, etc.

I don't consider myself part of this community any longer.  I shouldn't.  I've burned too many bridges, especially of late.  So I'll try to help out when I can, and use that to try and make amends.  I keep thinking I should just leave, but honestly, part of me doesn't want to.  I don't deserve to be part of this community, not after my last few posts, and I get the impression the major avoidance of me is due mostly to my outbursts...and potential things I've said and written.  I should have been more understanding and less confrontational or controversial.  That's a failing on my part, and I am ashamed to say my recent actions dishonor and slight the contributions and helpful posts and useful information provided by many who do go out of their ways.  I will not ask for forgiveness, for I don't believe I deserve any.  I'll just leave it at this.

Thank you, and my sincerest apologies.  I will try to be a boon to the community instead of a bane.  If I show any emotional outburst, feel free to call me on it, or ignore me, I'll try not to take it personally.

You've always been a friend to me. And your posts wont change that.

Personally if people find fault in you because of how you feel about DQ then thats their own problem. Personal passions like this should not get in the way of friendships. If it does then they arent true friends.

I certainly know that I would never act that way! Under any circumstance.

• Upvote 2

All I really did was a lot of name compiling with DQ7, tbh. And some occasional advice, like pointing out the camera rotating trick in 8 3DS in the progress thread, but all things considered, it's not much.

As for my opinion of you, the data you provide is incredibly useful and you never did anything to really earn my ire, believe me I've met far worse on the internet (heck, just today I was dealing with someone apparently unable to understand FE6's plot... I don't know if you've played The Binding Blade, but it's not really known for a deep storyline).

So from what I have seen of your posts, you're still cool in my books.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
  • Upvote 1

I guess I must have missed the memo that said we hated Iggy?

We hate Iggy.

#alternativefacts

Edited by Plattym3

We hate Iggy.

#alternativefacts

Stop, I'm getting flashbacks of the night of the Bowling Green Massacre.

*gasp* You don't mean THE Bowling Green Massacre...what's the Bowling Green Massacre?

Meh. I've been thinking about all the people who died in Atlanta in the Islamic-related attacks.

• Upvote 1

Meh. I've been thinking about all the people who died in Atlanta in the Islamic-related attacks.

Living in Atlanta, it has been difficult to deal with.

I'm sure it is difficult living in Atlanta.