Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

DQ 3DS Compl8nts

I went to high speed and never looked back, and only turned it off for the more difficult boss fights. It was somewhat of a bizarre experience for me because every time I turned it off it felt like I was playing the game in slow motion.

LOOOOOL, this is real.

I really like your answer because see, in reality, almost every JRPG is a slow motion tedium -.-

ESPECIALLY this game on PS2 (or smartphones) thanks to how much grinding there is involved, plus no avoiding battles as easily.

Battles should even go quicker than this especially the ones that you're surely gonna win, but JRPGs waste a looooot of your time with random battles, just not a popular complaint.

That "bizarre" experience you just had actually reflects how bizarrely balanced almost every game is.

Edited by kleev_55

Fast speed is unnecessary for me. The regular speed is good enough.

I'm the same way, and honestly I prefer the original speed so I can read the text and watch the animations. I've sped up battles when grinding or when unwanted enemies get in my way down narrow corridors in dungeons, but otherwise I'm fine with the regular speed.

The fast speed makes the animations look really weird and unappealing to me.

I went to high speed and never looked back, and only turned it off for the more difficult boss fights. It was somewhat of a bizarre experience for me because every time I turned it off it felt like I was playing the game in slow motion.

LOOOOOL, this is real.

I really like your answer because see, in reality, almost every JRPG is a slow motion tedium -.-

ESPECIALLY this game on PS2 (or smartphones) thanks to how much grinding there is involved, plus no avoiding battles as easily.

Battles should even go quicker than this especially the ones that you're surely gonna win, but JRPGs waste a looooot of your time with random battles, just not a popular complaint.

That "bizarre" experience you just had actually reflects how bizarrely balanced almost every game is.

The thing is, I never realized on how time consuming a lot of battles really were until I played this game. It still doesn't bother me, but the noticeable time save is something that is spoiling me a little bit right now.

• Upvote 1

LOOOOOL, this is real.

The thing is, I never realized on how time consuming a lot of battles really were until I played this game. It still doesn't bother me, but the noticeable time save is something that is spoiling me a little bit right now.

Saving time is only good :D

I mean, Dragon Quest 7 and 8 are both the hardest games for me to get in the mood to replay.

Dragon Quest 1 to 6, I'd replay any day. But 7 and 8, I have to be in the mood to abandon my whole life for them. And that's bad.

Edited by kleev_55
  • Upvote 1

1. Couldn't you have had the option to let Angelo drop Marcello to his demise? Marcello is a guy that, while people wanna speak in Trope speak about him being a tragic figure, is nothing more than a contemptuous waste of oxygen, lured in by greed and power, and would not be missed. Since Marcello's Templar ring can't be used, maybe there should have been a choice where Angelo finishes off his brother, which would have been satisfying to the player, but would have Angelo relfect how he saw another person in his life die without facing the consequences of his actions while the rest of the party tries to justify what type of person Marcello was.

2. If Jessica is more... Bouncy, why did they modify the Bunny costume? Weird they tried to be more modest in attire but were over the top with the character.

3. I am happy that the Alchemy Pot is instantaneous, but it means you can't exploit the Yggdrasil Leaf trick anymore.

• Upvote 1

1. Couldn't you have had the option to let Angelo drop Marcello to his demise? Marcello is a guy that, while people wanna speak in Trope speak about him being a tragic figure, is nothing more than a contemptuous waste of oxygen, lured in by greed and power, and would not be missed. Since Marcello's Templar ring can't be used, maybe there should have been a choice where Angelo finishes off his brother, which would have been satisfying to the player, but would have Angelo relfect how he saw another person in his life die without facing the consequences of his actions while the rest of the party tries to justify what type of person Marcello was.

2. If Jessica is more... Bouncy, why did they modify the Bunny costume? Weird they tried to be more modest in attire but were over the top with the character.

3. I am happy that the Alchemy Pot is instantaneous, but it means you can't exploit the Yggdrasil Leaf trick anymore.

I constantly dislike the "don't kill" mentality in games and comics. Most popular superheros are all like "one life isn't worth taking to save another" or something BS. Then the villan escapes and kills a million people or whatever and that's just ok. Yeah, kill Marcello.

Angelo wanted Marcello to live so he would be forced to remember that he was saved by the brother he hated. Marcello WAS tragic though, he was born into circumstances beyond his control and tried to make the best with he had, I don't agree with his actions, but his motivations are understandable, I liked him as a villain.

Angelo wanted Marcello to live so he would be forced to remember that he was saved by the brother he hated. Marcello WAS tragic though, he was born into circumstances beyond his control and tried to make the best with he had, I don't agree with his actions, but his motivations are understandable, I liked him as a villain.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Though he shoudn't have returned in that new dungeon in the 3DS version. I know I'm beating a dead horse by saying that but I did not like that they brought him back.

I appreciate that they did bring him back (and I admit I was very excited to see it as it was happening) though I get where you're coming from. I just personally despise endings in which one character disappears entirely, especially one as important as Marcello, because they're not real endings. It's tantamount to saying, "We have no idea how to actually end his story, and he isn't dead, so he's just gone now. Deal with it."

Of course, if Angelo and Marcello's story had come to a more definite conclusion originally, I probably wouldn't have been so thrilled with the latter's return later.

As a side note, I do like his black costume; it plays off of Angelo's white ronin garb very nicely.