Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

DQ 3DS Compl8nts

That's such a "I'll be your waiter today," "And I'll be your customer today" joke.

Uh, I use L/R to rotate the camera. Why are you using the d-pad?

Uh, you can't look up or down with L/R. I need to be able to see the sky (or signs above me and things like that), or down the stairs.

The character also turns right or left as you use L/R, whereas using the right stick on the N3DS doesnt, meaning you can run forward, and rotate it any direction without changing trajectory! With a game like this, I really really enjoy getting more of the environment.

Oh, okay. For me, I only need to look up every now and then, so the d-pad is sparingly used. And if I'm rotating the camera at all, I'm already in motion and likely looking for something. Because of all that, camera movement is never awkward to me.

I really hate the way Jessica's new voice actress pronounces "Alistair."

I really hate Jessica's new voice actress.

Fixed.

I really hate Jessica's new voice actress.

Fixed.

She follows the Goddess, not the Templars.

Of the new voice actresses for Jessica, the one I don't like is the one in Heroes. I can't stand using Jessica in Heroes because of her voice in that game, nor am I a fan of her moveset.

Of the new voice actresses for Jessica, the one I don't like is the one in Heroes. I can't stand using Jessica in Heroes because of her voice in that game, nor am I a fan of her moveset.

Reall, huh, I thought they used the same one from Heroes.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

I'm almost confident that the Heroes actress is the same as the remake one.

If it is the same woman, the way she sounds on VIII's 3DS version sounds different to me. Whatever the case, I don't like Jessica's voice acting in Heroes, but I don't mind it in the 3DS version except for how she pronounces "Alistair."

Oh, okay. For me, I only need to look up every now and then, so the d-pad is sparingly used. And if I'm rotating the camera at all, I'm already in motion and likely looking for something. Because of all that, camera movement is never awkward to me.

Oh no, I don't use the d-pad. That's why I'm complaining, because it's a waste to put those functions there. It should have been on ABXY instead.

Like on PS2, I'd have my thumbs on the 2 sticks, always moving and always rotating the camera while i'm exploring. Since the 3DS doesnt have 2 sticks and the N3DS's nub is uncomfy, ABXY would be best for this.

Is it different for all 3 games, DQ8 PS2, Heroes, and DQ8 3DS?

I remember feeling a bit strange with her in Heroes, not because I didn't like the voice, but because it sounded different.

I was expecting the PS2 voice but felt like I'm using someone new instead.

Edited by kleev_55

If it is the same woman, the way she sounds on VIII's 3DS version sounds different to me. Whatever the case, I don't like Jessica's voice acting in Heroes, but I don't mind it in the 3DS version except for how she pronounces "Alistair."

What's wrong with the pronunciation? I thought she said it like the original VA did.

What's wrong with the pronunciation? I thought she said it like the original VA did.

In the original Jessica pronounces it as "Al-is-ter," or Alice-stir like you stir something. The new voice pronounces it as "Al-is-stair," like a flight of stairs. It's off because other voiced dialogue from other characters pronounce it as the former.

In the original Jessica pronounces it as "Al-is-ter," or Alice-stir like you stir something. The new voice pronounces it as "Al-is-stair," like a flight of stairs. It's off because other voiced dialogue from other characters pronounce it as the former.

I must've not been paying attention, because I swear she pronounced the way the old Jessica did.

The photo quest to take a picture of the orb in the Dragon Graveyard. Cash and Carrie stand right around it when you first see it, I took a picture of it and it registered as the quest of them together instead of the orb. So I had to teleport and walk all the way back to get the picture.

Minor oversight. But it still annoyed me a lot.

• Upvote 1

I just moved in close to where they were out of the shot. I wasn't running back through that entire place.

Yeah, I should have thought of it before hand. I really wasn't paying attention to it, and seen the notification and just assumed that was the one I needed.

Uh, I use L/R to rotate the camera. Why are you using the d-pad?

I use the little nubbin on the right side of the n3DS.

Actually, mostly I use L/R, except when I need to adjust the Z-axis angle of the camera.

Its a common complaint I think but .y only real issue is how much the music overpowers the voice acting in most cutscenes

That's been a problem since the original.

Yeah, I have the music set to 1 and everything else set to 5

Actually I noticed this. I had to lower the music 1 or 2 slots too, and the 3DS is already infamous for having low volume -.-

Also, the battle speed in fast mode, how much does this end up helping you, guys?

I haven't played past 2 hours :P but I want to know instead of 100 hours of normal speed, how much would it take to play through with fast mode?

I have no reason to turn it off because it still goes at a reasonable enough speed that I can see what's going on.

Fast speed is unnecessary for me. The regular speed is good enough.

I went to high speed and never looked back, and only turned it off for the more difficult boss fights. It was somewhat of a bizarre experience for me because every time I turned it off it felt like I was playing the game in slow motion.