Sign in to follow this  
SlimeVagrant

How does Thunder Thrust work in this game?

So I'm used to the DQ9 version of thunder thrust where it's crit or miss (50% Crit, 50% Miss) just like Hatchet man. But I just got to the ruined abbey and I'm trying to use thunder thrust and hatchet man to kill metal slimes and when I land a thunder thrust, it doesn't crit and only does 1 damage. Hatchet Man crits on the other hand and does about 60~70 damage. So what's the point of thunder thrust? does just do a minicrit à la tf2 or something?

Edited by SlimeVagrant

Both Hatchet Man and Thunder Thrust have a 50% chance to hit, and a separate chance to crit. You need to get the upgraded versions, Executioner and Lightning Thrust respectively, to get the versions you're used to.

EDIT: I think the overall percent chance of a hit and crit is 25%, but someone better with numbers could tell you for sure.

EDIT 2: Okay, nabbed the exact odds. Thank a buddy of mine for working it out. Thunder Thrust's odds are as follows:

25% chance for a critical attack

25% chance for a normal attack (on a metal slime, this will be 0 or 1 damage, 50% chance for either)

50% chance to miss

Hope that helps.

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk
  • Upvote 1

Ohhhh okay, thanks a lot. I forgot that certain skills can be upgraded in this game. I vaguely remember being able to upgrade one of Yangus's scythe skills back when I played through the mobile version. Thanks, that was very helpful.

He's zoomed off to the great beyond or something.

Or he took a wrong turn at Albuquerque