Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest VIII Errors Thread

He certainly isn't this Damon.

"Just deserts" is correct.

Deserts is based on an old French word (deservir) meaning "to deserve".

Dessert is the same French word with an extra 's' (desservir) which means "to clear the table" even though we define it as a cake or pastry of some kind in English.

So the context in which Trode uses it is correct.

2016-03-07-1457387813-3802365-PHOTO2.jpe

Hmmm... I guess so.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/just-deserts-just-desserts/

Not a typo, but still an error: After finishing the Cash and Carrie quest, if you party chat in Baccarat, Jessica will mention Dhoulmagus as if he's still alive.

There are other instances where the game does stuff like that regarding party chat. One that I always laugh at is if you go back to Emma's grandparents or the Riverside Church, the party chat repeats dialogue you would have heard in Ascantha.

Funny enough your example reminds me of what happens in Jacquiline's DLC tablet in Dragon Quest VII, as party chat from before going to the Tallest Tower repeats itself on the basement floor, just to name one instance from repeating party chat in that tablet.

sPIuEl6.jpg

Did this battle have an enemy that called for backup?

It happens when a certain combination of enemies flee while others are defeated. Most commonly when metal slimes appear alongside other foes.

Either that or Yangus tried his hand at narration.

• Upvote 1

Not 100% sure it's an error or not. Just went to Dark Pikachu for a bit, but Plattym4 wanted to battle some monsters so I went back to the light world to let him battle. Just picked back up and spent the night in regular Pikachu and Medea popped into my dreams and started talking like we were currently in the dark world and there was no color. It'd have been a perfect cutscene for sleeping in Dark Pikachu, but I wasn't there.

Not 100% sure it's an error or not. Just went to Dark Pikachu for a bit, but Plattym4 wanted to battle some monsters so I went back to the light world to let him battle. Just picked back up and spent the night in regular Pikachu and Medea popped into my dreams and started talking like we were currently in the dark world and there was no color. It'd have been a perfect cutscene for sleeping in Dark Pikachu, but I wasn't there.

2437349-pikachu.png

200_s.gif

d4e3bb0a8575fe2b85d482f7e59a677da18fa867

I know, I know. I'm a terrible person. But I just had to.

It doesn't sound like an error to me. But then again, I'm not 100% sure myself.