My Fandom Seatbelt Covers (Slimes included, of course)

So it's a tradition that when I get a car, I whip up at least a few of these. Now that I've upgraded from my trusty old 1999 Buick Century to my new 2016 Buick Verano (first car loan ever yikes! I've always gotten used before,) I knew I had to make a nice set.

I figured I'd represent some of my favorite fandoms, but be assured, the slime always goes with me at the front. The driver's seat in my old car still has a slime cover as well. :)

aFQQs2z.jpg

The extra slime cover off to the left was actually the first one I made, and I accidentally used a smaller design. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or see if one of you want it. Hm.

• Upvote 1

Hey... That's pretty good!

Official merchandise good.

Thank you! Part of me thinks I should sell these sometimes, but one, I'm lazy, and two, getting C&D's stinks. :P maybe I'll make a DQ set for a fun give away in here sometime.

So it's a tradition that when I get a car, I whip up at least a few of these. Now that I've upgraded from my trusty old 1999 Buick Century to my new 2016 Buick Verano (first car loan ever yikes! I've always gotten used before,) I knew I had to make a nice set.

I figured I'd represent some of my favorite fandoms, but be assured, the slime always goes with me at the front. The driver's seat in my old car still has a slime cover as well. :)

aFQQs2z.jpg

The extra slime cover off to the left was actually the first one I made, and I accidentally used a smaller design. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or see if one of you want it. Hm.

Oooo Oooo! I'd take it! Would love that!

Thank you! Part of me thinks I should sell these sometimes, but one, I'm lazy, and two, getting C&D's stinks. maybe I'll make a DQ set for a fun give away in here sometime.
Or I guess we could run some sort of quest with this as the prize.

Hmmm... Like who can post the most? I win!

Ditto! Zooming in, I'm even more impressed. How'd you make them?

Platty, I sense a theme to your replies. xD

Thank you for your kind words! The actual covers are rather easy, just some faux-suede, velcro, and foam, but I think you are asking about the embroidery part. :P I actually have several embroidery machines, I sell a handful of patches on etsy for some extra money, and use them to make some fun projects like this. I think my laziness (and the fact that C&Ds do stink, I've gotten a warning one before on etsy) keeps me from doing giant projects with them most of the time.

...which is unfortunate, as the software cost me $1500 O_o I could totally do slime stuff all day, though. I just usually end up making it for me or friends.

Id take a set of blue slime ones for my new Mini Cooper! I actually am considering having a graphic skin put on it to make it look like a real slime.

You would. :P The skin sounds cool, though. :D