Sign in to follow this  
gooieooie

Dragon Quest VIII Progress

I just beat the main story today,I had unlocked both the Medea and Jessica Ending but while riding in the carriage the game lets you choose,I ended up going with Medea because it makes the most sense.So now all I have left is Dragovian Content and Memory Lane then I will be all done.Hoping I can finish it all by the 15th,for Samus Returns.Then after that I want to start IX though I do want to do SNES Secret of Mana after having done both Sword of Mana last year and Adventures of Mana last month and what with the remake coming next year.

I got some grinding to do for Dragovian and Memory Lane but I also have some equipment questions but I asked that in another thread. So if anyone can offer tips and advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Another quick question,who should I take with me into Dragovian Trials and Memory Lane and who should I leave behind in the wagon.

My plans of the remaining Orichalcum's where to make one more Metal King Armor then the rest will go towards Meteorite Bracers.

The second I got Morrie, buh bye Angelo. The second I got Red, buh bye Jessica. They did just fine for me in the Dragovian Trials.

I am thinking that I am going to go Hero,Red,Morrie and Jessica swapping Jessica with Angelo when necessary.

Edited:Update,I just finished all six of the Dragovian Trials.I don't think I am gonna bother with the Ultimate Dragon because that sounds like a nightmare with a very small payoff and from what I heard I probably gonna skip memory lane as well.So other than fighting Rhapthorne again for the new ending I am gonna consider myself pretty much done.So after Metroid Samus Returns,I will finally after all this time be starting Dragon Quest IX.

Edited by Mad slime

Still moving slow.

At Castle Trodain, working my way to the library.

Just finished up the Dark Ruins or whatnot. I'm tempted to switch back to some VII for a few days...Not sure.

I beat the Ultimate Dragon today no problem,I tried my hands at memory lanes but I am giving up on that because I reached the Dark Servant and despite using kamikaze to get rid of the flame guys like everywhere I checked suggested its never killed both ever.killed one twice,did nothing to either several times and the rest of the time it either damaged both or one and killed neither. I even switched in Angelo and tried Kathwack and could never kill both.This is with everyone being at level 99.

I know every boss after is only gonna be worse since everyone suggests using tensioned magic burst and I don't magic burst because I ignored fisticuff's because when I was researching the skill tree's to come up with how I was gonna grow my party every said the fisticuff's skill was the worst skill.So I did everything except Memory Lane including the Estark Photo(obviously),The Stella Photo Quests and completing the bestiary.

But I consider myself done and dusted with VIII now so its onto IX for a little bit before taking a break this Friday for Metroid Samus Returns.

I beat the Ultimate Dragon today no problem,I tried my hands at memory lanes but I am giving up on that because I reached the Dark Servant and despite using kamikaze to get rid of the flame guys like everywhere I checked suggested its never killed both ever.killed one twice,did nothing to either several times and the rest of the time it either damaged both or one and killed neither. I even switched in Angelo and tried Kathwack and could never kill both.This is with everyone being at level 99.

Don't use Kamikaze. Use Death Dance with Red + Kathwack with Angelo. This 80% of the time succeeded in killing both flames. After that, Poison+Defending Champion+ Stay Alive worked fine.

But I understand where you are now. I'm at the same point with Ruin, who is walling me.

I know every boss after is only gonna be worse since everyone suggests using tensioned magic burst and I don't magic burst because I ignored fisticuff's because when I was researching the skill tree's to come up with how I was gonna grow my party every said the fisticuff's skill was the worst skill.So I did everything except Memory Lane including the Estark Photo(obviously),The Stella Photo Quests and completing the bestiary.

But I consider myself done and dusted with VIII now so its onto IX for a little bit before taking a break this Friday for Metroid Samus Returns.

IX is an amazing game. You'll love it.

Defeated Dhoulmagus and Evil Jessica this sunday. Now I'm just joking around completing the Codex side quests and trying to upgrade my equips since I'm still using the ones I bought from my first visit to Argonia. I'm considering spend some time hunting for Metal Slimes so I don't have to grind later on.

What bothers me is that the world map is so vast but so... empty. They could add some more stuff to it or scale it down a little bit.

Want to sell my 3DS so I might start moving as fast as I can in order to complete this game before selling the handheld.

Defeated Dhoulmagus and Evil Jessica this sunday. Now I'm just joking around completing the Codex side quests and trying to upgrade my equips since I'm still using the ones I bought from my first visit to Argonia. I'm considering spend some time hunting for Metal Slimes so I don't have to grind later on.

What bothers me is that the world map is so vast but so... empty. They could add some more stuff to it or scale it down a little bit.

Want to sell my 3DS so I might start moving as fast as I can in order to complete this game before selling the handheld.

Why would you sell your 3DS?!

Finished the Cassino side-quest last night and spent some time getting tickets.

Got enough to buy:

• 4 Liquid Metal Armors
  • 2 Falcon Blades
  • 1 Gringham Whip.

Awesome upgrades. I think I'll mess around with the alchemy pot next and see what I can get.

I really didn't like it that much. I had a New 3DS XL with A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D Land and Resident Evil Revelations. Got tired of it and sold the whole thing. Bought an Old 3DS XL for 1/3 of the gig I got from the previous one and I kinda wish I didn't.

I still have my DS and that thing is a beast, I spent 4 years playing it every single day. I just can do it with the 3DS. The game library is not that appealing to me and apart from Dragon Quest 8 there's not a single game I want to play on it. Ok, maybe the next Metroid. But that's all.

The 3DS was gathering dust here until I decided that it's time for me to finish DQ8 and say goodbye to this whole 3D world. I just played all I wanted.

• Upvote 1

Got enough to buy:

• 4 Liquid Metal Armors
  • 2 Falcon Blades
  • 1 Gringham Whip.

Awesome upgrades. I think I'll mess around with the alchemy pot next and see what I can get.

I really didn't like it that much. I had a New 3DS XL with A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D Land and Resident Evil Revelations. Got tired of it and sold the whole thing. Bought an Old 3DS XL for 1/3 of the gig I got from the previous one and I kinda wish I didn't.

I still have my DS and that thing is a beast, I spent 4 years playing it every single day. I just can do it with the 3DS. The game library is not that appealing to me and apart from Dragon Quest 8 there's not a single game I want to play on it. Ok, maybe the next Metroid. But that's all.

The 3DS was gathering dust here until I decided that it's time for me to finish DQ8 and say goodbye to this whole 3D world. I just played all I wanted.

Dang. I think the 3DS has one of the best libraries out right now.

Ah well, to each their own!

Got enough to buy:

• 4 Liquid Metal Armors
  • 2 Falcon Blades
  • 1 Gringham Whip.

I played only DS games on my 3DS for the first 2 years, but I've played dozens of 3DS since.  I think 3DS is the best handheld yet.

• Upvote 2

Got enough to buy:

• 4 Liquid Metal Armors
  • 2 Falcon Blades
  • 1 Gringham Whip.

I played only DS games on my 3DS for the first 2 years, but I've played dozens of 3DS since.  I think 3DS is the best handheld yet.

Nintendo just kills it with the handhelds. Between GBC, GBA, DS, and 3DS, I can guarantee I have spend more time on Nintendo handhelds that any other series of consoles.

• Upvote 1

Just finished collecting the seven orbs. I would finish it tonight if not for work in the morning.

Edit- Didn't want to double post. I've finished the story line. Going to take a break and go back to VII for a while.

Edited by AzureDreams
  • Upvote 1

Finished the game last night. Got the standard Medea ending. Reached the Dragovian Sanctuary but didn't face the Lord of Dragovians yet.

I kinda don't feel like doing all the extra stuff. Really loved the game (didn't finish it on PS2 when I had the chance) but I think it's too much of a hassle since I'll have to spend several hours grinding in order to get a chance on the Trials and Memories Lane. So I think I'm done.

Time to play some Metroid 2 remake.

• Upvote 1

Finished the game last night. Got the only real ending.

Fixed that for you.

Just got done with Tryan Gully.

I got the Double Bubble download, so I did some KMS grinding before moving on.

Beat Marcello. Onward!

I'm hoping to wrap this game up by the end of the weekend. We shall see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

Beat Marcello. Onward!

I'm hoping to wrap this game up by the end of the weekend. We shall see how it goes.

I did not succeed at this goal. Two days of unexpected overtime got in the way.

Hopefully I can get it done by today or tomorrow.

Edit: Beat it last night!

I will wait a while before I come back and do the post game stuff.

Edited by cprmauldin
  • Upvote 1

I have broken the shield around Rhapthorne, but he creamed me. I need to level up before I go to face him again.

I have broken the shield around Rhapthorne, but he creamed me. I need to level up before I go to face him again.

Head back to the Dragon Graveyard and kill some MKS!

I would if they didn't stop fleeing. And I know there's no way you can stop them doing that ^^'