Sign in to follow this  
gooieooie

Dragon Quest VIII Progress

I just out for a stroll when Angelo joined and ended up in Pickham. Oops. Hit everything along the way for zoom reasons, but my next week will be going back and doing all that. I'm so overpowered in my equipment though! Haha

I totally am not. I made an Iron Axe for Yangus but I need to find some iron nails so I can reinforce my boomerang for the hero.

Those iron nails are hard to come by!

I just out for a stroll when Angelo joined and ended up in Pickham. Oops. Hit everything along the way for zoom reasons, but my next week will be going back and doing all that. I'm so overpowered in my equipment though! Haha

I totally am not. I made an Iron Axe for Yangus but I need to find some iron nails so I can reinforce my boomerang for the hero.

If you made the Thief's Key with the first Iron Nail, there's another in the Ruined Abbey.

Walk to the castle and buy a better one than you can make (I think it's better Edged >> Reinforced, right?)

Walk to the castle and buy a better one than you can make (I think it's better Edged >> Reinforced, right?)

The reinforced is 32 ATK to the Edged's 27 ATK. 

Only because Reinforced is only obtainable by alchemy. 

The reinforced is 32 ATK to the Edged's 27 ATK.

Only because Reinforced is only obtainable by alchemy.

Damn. Time to get reinforcing! I'm so lazy not to pull out my guide.

I've killed more than 30 slimes, but I can't seem to find the Crème Caraslime. What gives?

I've killed more than 30 slimes, but I can't seem to find the Crème Caraslime. What gives?

He's located at the crossroad sign post south of Farebury. It's a giant Slime creature so you'll spot it from far off.

Also, make sure you enter and exit Farebury prior to looking for it.

Also, if you're like me and accidentally run into it before grabbing a picture, run away, then enter and exit Farebury, he'll reappear without having to defeat 30 slimes again.

Then destroy him.

That should do it. If not, a night at the inn does too.

Got to Port Prospect, Spent a half-hour or so doing all the photo quests available.

I hope L. 11's high enough for the boss.

Got to Port Prospect, Spent a half-hour or so doing all the photo quests available.

At level 11, you should be golden.

You're on track for level progression.

I lost to the boss at level 11 this morning, but I think he's beatable at 11 - I just didn't cast heal fast enough.

I lost to the boss at level 11 this morning, but I think he's beatable at 11 - I just didn't cast heal fast enough.

He's beatable at 9, actually. In either case, you need to make sure to keep your HP above 35, because that Flame Breath $#!&ing hurts.

Just beat Cap'n Crow! He was REALLY tough, if I hadn't killed him I think I might've been dead in a few turns. I haven't used a guide up to this point, but I had to here to get to the Pirate Cove because I have no idea how I would've known where to go. Seriously, I was wandering aimlessly for quite a bit. :P Was I supposed to be told to go here?

Got a new party member for my efforts! My group of five presses onwards. :) I'd like to get Morrie, but dang, I can't beat the Arena. 

Edited by gooieooie

Nevermind.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I recall there being a map that leads you Pirate Cove. I'm almost sure of it.

A few NPC's and books mention it (and one at least basically says GET ULTIMATE KEY FIRST), but I don't think the game ever got more specific.

As for me, I'm at the Dark Ruins. I'm only Level 19-21 though.

Is this the game where there's like some sort of magic path you're supposed to follow with your boat; a path of light or something on the water?

I figured there must be some indication, but I explored all of the new areas I'd been directed to thoroughly and didn't find anything. :P I guess I missed it? The guide I usedd told me to do everything I'd already done up to that point, and then suddenly said "Go to the Pirate Cove!" right after meeting with Marcello at the Savella Cathedral. 

You guys are so quick with your progress! I just got Angelo and now we are heading for the next town. 

Although the real reason why I'm so slow is because I keep taking photos. It is by far the best feature of the 3DS port. I hope XI will keep that. 

Is this the game where there's like some sort of magic path you're supposed to follow with your boat; a path of light or something on the water?

Yes, but that happens later. Pretty sure the map for said path is in the Cove.

Ah. It's been months since my last time.

Oh yeah, that's the reason you go there, isn't it?

You know, I rarely ever have trouble navigating to dungeons and the sort, though there's almost always a clue to lead you to where you gotta go.