Sign in to follow this  
gooieooie

Dragon Quest VIII Progress

If you've been tackling ever monster arena monster in the overworld, selling your monster coins will probably give you enough gold at the point to buy/make anything you want/need.

So before tackling the dark ruins and since I know have access to the bazaar,I think its time to upgrade some equipment.What do you suggest I make or buy?

My party is set up this way

Hero:Swords

Yangus:Axes

Jessica:Whips

Angelo:Bows

In case I have to where is a good place to grind for gold at this part of the game.

Island of Neos. Goldmen

Just entered the new dungeon, the Altar of Wroth. Beat up a bad dog and a bad half-brother yesterday. Been getting back in the groove!

I really need to pick this game up, at lease for a little bit. It's hard to break away from DQ Heroes though!

I really need to pick this game up, at lease for a little bit. It's hard to break away from DQ Heroes though!

I'm away from my PS4 for a full month. Made it easy as I wasn't planning to play either.

I'm away from my PS4 for a full month. Made it easy as I wasn't planning to play either.

I think that is what I would need to actually get some legitimate time in with VIII.

I'm still being affected by the new-console excitement of my PS4.

• Upvote 1

I just got to Dark Pikachu.

Haha, that's what stopped me all those months ago. Beat it and then just lost motivation.

I'm seriously considering not bringing my Vita or Ever Oasis with me to my 2 weeks in London. Force myself to finish DQVIII properly and Yo-Kai Watch 2. Nothing like being a continent away from anything else to force the issue!

Edited by Plattym3

Poor Yangus. 6c15f5f17e4dbdfa108bc832f8d8c8c6.jpg

May he temporarily rest in peace.

It was temporary alright. The very next screen was...

0480bd38be3f022e7bec682909a214e9.jpg

Got in like 4 hours yesterday. Killed the first super boss in the Memories place and got through a couple of the Dragovian Trials.

It all reminds me of this:

You can't keep a good Yangus down, and legends never die, etc. etc...

Put some skill points into hammer for Morrie. He just killed his first KMS. Worth it.

Just leveled up 9 levels in about 45 minutes with a Double Bubble. Took everyone from low 50s to low 60s. Fought 12 groups of KMS (2 appeared after my bubble was done). Killed 1 six times. Killed both 6 times. Got this a lot! Grind. Grind. cb94838867fd645d70f3660f98d813a3.jpg

Just leveled up 9 levels in about 45 minutes with a Double Bubble. Took everyone from low 50s to low 60s. Fought 12 groups of KMS (2 appeared after my bubble was done). Killed 1 six times. Killed both 6 times. Got this a lot! Grind. Grind. cb94838867fd645d70f3660f98d813a3.jpg

I remember when stuff like that happened on Slime Hill when I was grinding for Memories Lane. It's crazy to see 120,000 EXP every time.

Do you need to beat all Dragovian trials for Stella to spawn? A simple YES or NO

Edited by yaridovic

Do you need to beat all Dragovian trials for Stella to spawn? A simple YES or NO

No. She'll start spawning once the Twinkle quests become available for the camera side quest, which should unlock once you start the bonus dungeon or reach the Dragovian Shrine. I can't remember which of those two is the key to getting them to become available, but you definitely don't need to beat all the Trials just to have her start appearing.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Have the camera quests for the Twinkles unlocked in your game?

If yes, then go to Empychu, save there, then run in and out of town for like 15 to 20 minutes. After that, go check the 5 spots she can appear in. If she's in one of the spots, snap your picture, speak to her, then save. As the real world days go by as you hunt down her appearance in the other colors, she may spawn in a color you already saw her in. If that's the case, just don't speak to her/take a picture and reset your game and repeat the process.

I got lucky and found her in a different color the first four days, but day 5 took me three hours just to get her to spawn in the last color I needed.

I should really make that Stella hunting guide I was planning on creating.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

No. She'll start spawning once the Twinkle quests become available for the camera side quest, which should unlock once you start the bonus dungeon or reach the Dragovian Shrine. I can't remember which of those two is the key to getting them to become available, but you definitely don't need to beat all the Trials just to have her start appearing.
I believe it's just reaching the Drag Shrine. I remember opening my camera quest at that point and noticing the twinkle ones.

I remember when stuff like that happened on Slime Hill when I was grinding for Memories Lane. It's crazy to see 120,000 EXP every time.
So, Slime Hill? I haven't trained there yet. I mean, I know Slime Hill, but I trained up early on in the Dragon Graveyard and recently right at daddy dearest's grave. There are tons of KMS that just come in pairs there. Move the camera and I can see 4 spawns in one sweep. Not sure if it's best, but it's a guaranteed 2 each time. I beat the Dragovian Trials on the plane. First time in 4 times playing that I did that. Not sure if I want to do all the memories path. Gotta get to 99 and have some luck, right?

So, Slime Hill? I haven't trained there yet. I mean, I know Slime Hill, but I trained up early on in the Dragon Graveyard and recently right at daddy dearest's grave. There are tons of KMS that just come in pairs there. Move the camera and I can see 4 spawns in one sweep. Not sure if it's best, but it's a guaranteed 2 each time. I beat the Dragovian Trials on the plane. First time in 4 times playing that I did that. Not sure if I want to do all the memories path. Gotta get to 99 and have some luck, right?

Either works. I just prefer Slime Hill.

If you want to have an easy-ish time with Memories Lane, have one or two characters with the Defending Champion skill. Red and I want to say the hero learn it early on in their Fisticuffs, or at least Red does. She was a life saver in Memories Lane when I completed it.

• Upvote 1

I'd go with Memory Lane; some people will try to dissuade you from trying to complete it until you're in your nineties (and they'd be right), but each boss gives up 50k EXP upon defeat; even in your nineties, a Double Bubble guarantees somebody will be leveling up once per fight. And since a Double Bubble uses a counter, you can just fight the first boss, leave, return, and fight him again. I find it faster than Slime Hill, but not perhaps as satisfying as a good metal hunt.

If you want to have an easy-ish time with Memories Lane, have one or two characters with the Defending Champion skill. Red and I want to say the hero learn it early on in their Fisticuffs, or at least Red does. She was a life saver in Memories Lane when I completed it.

Wish I'd known that.

Edited by JaybirdC

I just accidentally caused the dark lord to revive.