Dragon Quest VIII Progress

Yep, Accelerate, Insulate, Kabuff, attacking, stat loss, rinse and repeat until I win.

My usual strategy too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at Mr. "I employ a proper strategy" over here. Thinking ahead and being prepared.

Arcadia. Just beat Evil Jessica.

That is a good team, and I'm glad they secured the victory for you. If you're just looking for another strong team of monsters to summon out in the world, you might want to consider putting Talos into

While farming rockbombs in the wildlands where you get your ship I found out that mud-mannequins are also really good. Not only do they also drop rock salt, but they also drop magic water which can be used for Yggdrasil Dew and then angel cheese

• Upvote 1

I got up to the Argon Lizard in memories lane and got absolutely wrecked. So I decided to test out these double bubbles on MKS. I was pleasantly suprised to find that battles in which you gain 0 exp or gold (like when all MKS run away) don't count toward the 10 battles affected by the double bubble.

• Upvote 1

I got some more leveling done. Now I am starting to get the Twinkle pictures done. This is one of the worst grinds I have done in a while. I just might end up skipping it all together for how much time it takes.

I got some more leveling done. Now I am starting to get the Twinkle pictures done. This is one of the worst grinds I have done in a while. I just might end up skipping it all together for how much time it takes.

Things like this is why I never completed all of the post game quests in Dragon Quest IX. It gets to a point when I'd rather just replay the game than kill myself for a 100% completion. Some players love 100% files and I've accomplished that feat with numerous games in my lifetime (some of them Dragon Quest games) but I just don't care about 100% anymore. I don't think I'll bother with most of this post game stuff I'm reading about. I beat the game and beat the Lord of Dragovians twice. That's 100% enough for me. 

So this memories lane place seems to be full of purple chests that always drop a seed of some sort, and seem to reset every day like blue chests, as well as a ton of bosses that not only give you great exp but also have guaranteed seed drops and can be re-fought indefinitely. That is insane.

Edited by SlimeVagrant

Last night a turkey flew into a transformer. Making us loose power for 3 hours. I used this time to grind up some levels, and managed to get the monster arena all completed. Also got my first Twinkle picture after an hour of trying.

• Upvote 1

Got enough tokens for now, cleared all but one of the available codex quests(the only available one is only really doable after Trodain), got two of the three monster recruits and did a little alchemy post upgrade(Couldn't get any Magic Beast Hides, so I settled for making a Silver Cuirass).

Currently at Port Prospect with my next session heading toward the next area.

Edited by Stepchan

I've rapidly lost interest in this game.  Haven't done more than log on to let Plattym4 fight Golems for an hour or hit up the DLC for the sword in 2 weeks now.  I thought this might happen when it was announced a couple years ago.  Played it to death on PS2 and my iPad, finding it hard to want to keep going.  I need a gaming weekend soon to get me going again.

I've gotten all but one of the rewards from the Dragovian Trials. All I'm missing is the Sword. The last fight with the Darksteel Dragon was quite challenging so I think I'm going to level a bit more before taking on the (presumably) last trial. Maybe I'll have a rematch with the Argon Lizard in Memorium.

I also got my hero to level 65 so I decided to make some serious attempts at rank X in the monster arena. After about 50k gold spent in entry fees I finally beat it with a team of Archfiend, Skeledoid, and Octurian. I was really hoping there would be a better healer than Octurian available in the post game because he is so awful, but that didn't seem to be the case. Afterwords I was really disappointed that there was only a basic reward from rank X and nothing from Morrie. All you get is new armor for Angelo. It's pretty good armor but it really feels like there should've been something more.

I completed the final Dragovian Trial and obtained the Dragovian Sword and immediately figured out that you can upgrade it to a Dragovian King Sword using a Liquid Metal Sword. Now I have both my Hero and Red using Legendary swords (red with Erdrick's Sword). Also the sword apparently lets you use Kazap when used as an item in battle.

So far I've really been enjoying the postgame. It's been really challenging, and pretty rewarding as well. I also really like the idea of Memories Lane I hope we can see more dungeons like it in future games/remakes.

Speaking of Memories Lane is that all I have left to do? or is there another postgame dungeon or boss I'm missing somewhere?

• Upvote 1

You can get the true ending now; just fight Rhapthorne again and the events afterwards will change. :)

Other than that, Memories Lane, yeah. Didn't enjoy it too much, I'll come back and complete it sometime.

You can get the true ending now; just fight Rhapthorne again and the events afterwards will change. :)

Other than that, Memories Lane, yeah. Didn't enjoy it too much, I'll come back and complete it sometime.

So there's more than 4 endings? O.o I thought there might be something there since the Lord of the Drakovians told me to go fight rhapthorne after clearing the final trials. I'll have to check that out.

• Upvote 1

So there's more than 4 endings? O.o I thought there might be something there since the Lord of the Drakovians told me to go fight rhapthorne after clearing the final trials. I'll have to check that out.

There are ONLY 4 endings. The "true ending," gooie is likely talking about is the original alternate ending from the PS2 version.

Quick question should I use or save my seeds both stat and skill.If I should use them how to you recommend I distribute them among my party members.I am still on break due to breath of the wild.But I forgot to ask this question earlier.

Yeah, that's what I meant! If you already know that one, then I guess Memories Lane is all that's left. ;)

I wish you luck in conquering Memories Lane. You'll need all of that luck,

Yeah, that's what I meant! If you already know that one, then I guess Memories Lane is all that's left. ;)

Thanks. I was doing pretty well for a bit and having lots of fun, but I'm currently trying to think of a strategy for Sir Leopold. He just crits way too much.

Thanks. I was doing pretty well for a bit and having lots of fun, but I'm currently trying to think of a strategy for Sir Leopold. He just crits way too much.

Have you tried to have Jessica (or Red or both) use Accelerate on everyone?

Have you tried to have Jessica (or Red or both) use Accelerate on everyone?

Yeah, I usually do, but that wouldn't make him crit less would it? He attacks twice and almost always crits meaning most of the time I'm going to have two people getting killed and two people reviving, leaving no room for attacks.

Ahem:

Sir Leopold in Memories Lane is just a jerk. For anyone planning to tackle this dungeon, here's some friendly advice: invest in Knives for Red or Jessica so she learns Toxic Sword, and try to Envenomate Sir Leopold. He'll take 999 damage each turn. If the hero is alive, summon both monster teams with the highest HP monsters you can get. Go get Pa Troll, Steropes, Skeledoid, any and all monsters who have very high HP (over 800 works best) and just let them fight it out. They will likely all die, but it means your characters won't thanks to Leopold's 650+ critical hits.

• Upvote 1