Dragon Quest VIII Progress

Here's a quick guide to getting each ending.

Standard Medea ending: Just play normally. This is the one you'll get. If you fulfilled the requirements for the standard Jessica ending, you'll be asked some questions. Answer "no", then "yes".

Standard Jessica ending: After events in Arcadia, speak to Rosalind in Alexandria to get Alistair's Armor. Then, sleep in Alexandria's inn. After beating the final boss, answer yes twice to the questions that will be asked.

To get the other two endings, you must clear the post game to receive a particular item.

True Medea ending: After clearing the final boss again, show the special item you got in the post game to King Clavius. If Jessica's requirements were met, answer yes twice to the questions asked.

True Jessica ending: Again, beat the final boss and show King Clavius the item. You'll be asked some questions, to which you should answer "no", "yes", and "yes".

Oh, interesting. I guess I should try to get the standard jessica ending before I go to postgame then
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at Mr. "I employ a proper strategy" over here. Thinking ahead and being prepared.

Arcadia. Just beat Evil Jessica.

That is a good team, and I'm glad they secured the victory for you. If you're just looking for another strong team of monsters to summon out in the world, you might want to consider putting Talos into

SlimeVagrant:

Going through the original alternate ending right now, I've noticed a lot of changes. For one, you can leave the Lord High Priest's residence and NOT talk to Clavius at all, which I accidently did just because I wanted to see if you could leave in this version before speaking with him.

You can get any of the endings after you obtain the item needed for the two post game endings. Just leave the Lord High Priest's home without speaking to Clavius, and you can get the original ending or original alternate Jessica ending. Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

SlimeVagrant:

Going through the original alternate ending right now, I've noticed a lot of changes. For one, you can leave the Lord High Priest's residence and NOT talk to Clavius at all, which I accidently did just because I wanted to see if you could leave in this version before speaking with him.

You can get any of the endings after you obtain the item needed for the two post game endings. Just leave the Lord High Priest's home without speaking to Clavius, and you can get the original ending or original alternate Jessica ending.

Oh okay. Good to know. Will still probably go for it sometime soon but for now I'm just going to work on my monster team. I wanna see how Ultrus is.

Edit: I just found out while playing on Fight Wisely mode that you can actually use Erdricks Sword to use Zap in Battle. That means my Red can actually use a multi-target move! :D

Edited by SlimeVagrant
  • Upvote 1

Just tried out a few different monster teams in rank X, and dang not even Ultrus could take it on. (I find it hilarious that Ultrus can use one of Rhapthorne's attacks though) So I guess I'll just try to get the other ending and then start heading into postgame. I might need that Metal King Slime from postgame on my team.

Edited by SlimeVagrant

Just tried out a few different monster teams in rank X, and dang not even Ultrus could take it on. (I find it hilarious that Ultrus can use one of Rhapthorne's attacks though) So I guess I'll just try to get the other ending and then start heading into postgame. I might need that Metal King Slime from postgame on my team.

It doesn't help. Rank X monsters crit like crazy. You can still try if you want, but unless you have Octurion for Zing then Hev (the Metal King) won't be alive for long.

Getting to level 65 helps. That's the max level for monsters to gain stat boosts from the hero.

It doesn't help. Rank X monsters crit like crazy. You can still try if you want, but unless you have Octurion for Zing then Hev (the Metal King) won't be alive for long.

Getting to level 65 helps. That's the max level for monsters to gain stat boosts from the hero.

Ah okay, I'll mess around with it some more once I'm level 65.

and HOLY CRAP While Fighting Rhapthorne again I just found out that Tension affects the Acceleratle spell. Just raised my team's agility by 800+ each

I added the alternate ending info that Sword_of_Dusk and YangustheLegendaryBandit added here.

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq83ds/ending_guide.php

Side note, does anyone have 3DS capture device to capture these endings as videos so I could add them here?

Hooray for accidentally contributing for future generations to prospere.

Actually I wouldn't mind making an actual contribution for the Den and create a Monster Arena mini-guide of sorts so people can get Morrie as soon as possible.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Hooray for accidentally contributing for future generations to prospere.

Actually I wouldn't mind making an actual contribution for the Den and create a Monster Arena mini-guide of sorts so people can get Morrie as soon as possible.

Well you certainly helped me out with this thingy http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq83ds/timbreloftension.php

didn't even know that existed.

I just used the gamefaqs guide to get morrie. I got him right after Evil Jessica. It doesn't have anything on the new monsters though.

• Upvote 1

That sounds good on the mini guide! And I will definitely be using that Timbrel solution when I get to that point

That sounds good on the mini guide!

In that case I'll start working on it this week. I'll post it here in the DQ8 3DS section in separate parts within the same topic.

Here's a quick guide to getting each ending.

Standard Medea ending: Just play normally. This is the one you'll get. If you fulfilled the requirements for the standard Jessica ending, you'll be asked some questions. Answer "no", then "yes".

Standard Jessica ending: After events in Arcadia, speak to Rosalind in Alexandria to get Alistair's Armor. Then, sleep in Alexandria's inn. After beating the final boss, answer yes twice to the questions that will be asked.

To get the other two endings, you must clear the post game to receive a particular item.

True Medea ending: After clearing the final boss again, show the special item you got in the post game to King Clavius. If Jessica's requirements were met, answer yes twice to the questions asked.

True Jessica ending: Again, beat the final boss and show King Clavius the item. You'll be asked some questions, to which you should answer "no", "yes", and "yes".

So i talked to Rosalind and Slept in the Alexandria Inn, got the armor and both cutscenes and whatnot. But when I beat the final boss again I got the exact same ending as before. Did I miss something? The only questions I got were from the templar in front of the cathedral, but I tried all sorts of combinations and the events wouldn't progress until I answered them a certain way. Which questions were you referring to?

Edited by SlimeVagrant

SlimeVagrant, the questions come up after the credit roll.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

The questions come up after the credit roll.

oh okay. Im still on the credit roll lol I guess I spoke too soon.

Finished a bunch of Cameron Codex quests. Have the Farebury, Alexandria and Maella quests all cleared.

Next up is finally heading to Pickham.

Ah yeah, Im going to have to do those at some point. I was keeping up with em until around argonia or so and I stopped for some reason.

Went to the Stone statue west of Argonia, quick saved there. Now I'll take a break for a few weeks before I tackle the Post game stuff. I just spent 74 hours on the main quest. I do not want to burn myself out. I never did the Post game stuff on the PS2 when it came out, so I'm to new content for myself.

Just made it to the Dragovian Sanctuary. I couldn't make it much further than this on the Mobile Version, but this time I'm prepared to MKS grind.

I just realized I never did the Lady's Ring quest.

Is postgame too late?

Yes.

I just realized I never did the Lady's Ring quest.

Is postgame too late?

You aren't missing much. Just a Seed of Wisdom.

I just beat the Lord of the Drakovians, the first postgame boss. MAN I really did not expect that reveal afterwords! O_o

Anyway I think I can get the other 2 endings now might do that next.

• Upvote 1