Dragon Quest VIII Progress

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at Mr. "I employ a proper strategy" over here. Thinking ahead and being prepared.

Arcadia. Just beat Evil Jessica.

That is a good team, and I'm glad they secured the victory for you. If you're just looking for another strong team of monsters to summon out in the world, you might want to consider putting Talos into

This is getting so confusing.

Sure is, dad twin.

This reminds me of middle school, I was my own father while also the son of my daughter and the father of my brother.

Sounds like one messed up family. Did you accidentally go back in time and kill your father, then have sex with your grandmother?

(You better get that reference)

This reminds me of middle school, I was my own father while also the son of my daughter and the father of my brother.

Sounds like one messed up family. Did you accidentally go back in time and kill your father, then have sex with your grandmother?

Of course I get that reference, from that show, movie, book, game, song etc. Why would I..not get that reference. (Help me)

Of course I get that reference, from that show, movie, book, game, song etc. Why would I..not get that reference. (Help me)

It's from Futurama.

"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa!"

Welp, I finally 100%ed this game! I can't tell you the last time I did that with an RPG, but it's been a long while. Everyone to level 99, all postgame content, all photos, full bestiary, and last but not least, all Alchemy Recipes! Great game. Looking forward to DQXI!

• Upvote 1

I've finally finished Memories Lane!

gallery_79921_117_17696.jpg

Here's proof I've beaten Estark. And with that in mind, I'm glad I don't have to deal with Sir Leopold in Mem., Marcello in Memoriam, Evil Jessica in Mem., and Dhoulmagus in Mem. (2nd form). My goodness were they annoying.

The only things I have to do now are fighting all of the recruitable monsters and finding Stella (five times) for Cameron's Index before I finish 100% Dragon Quest VIII. It's going to be sooooo much fun.

• Upvote 1

I've finally finished Memories Lane!

gallery_79921_117_17696.jpg

Here's proof I've beaten Estark. And with that in mind, I'm glad I don't have to deal with Sir Leopold in Mem., Marcello in Memoriam, Evil Jessica in Mem., and Dhoulmagus in Mem. (2nd form). My goodness were they annoying.

The only things I have to do now are fighting all of the recruitable monsters and finding Stella (five times) for Cameron's Index before I finish 100% Dragon Quest VIII. It's going to be sooooo much fun.

I was hoping others would have learned from my mistake of saving the Stella quests. I really should have started looking for her the instant those quests became available because it was such a slog to have to wait for real world days to pass just get those 5 photos and the Arcadia Secret Shop photo.

Goddess speed.

Oh, and congrats on beating Estark. It's a very satisfying victory.

Finished with Ascantha's storyline(This was on Thursday night). Next up is Pickham, after I do a little exploring around for any extra treasure chests and infamous monsters(in part because I want my levels to be a little bit higher).

1 Stella down. 4 more to go.

gallery_79921_117_51704.jpg

Edit #1 (26/02/2017):

gallery_79921_117_45971.jpg

2 Stellas down. 3 more to go.

Edit #2 (27/02/2017):

gallery_79921_117_113589.jpg

3 Stellas down. 2 more to go.

Edit #3 (28/02/2017):

gallery_79921_117_76057.jpg

4 Stellas down. 1 more to go!

Edited by Dakhil

I've fought 23 recruitable monsters exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version. There are a couple more recruitable monsters I have to fight and 2 more Stellas to go before I can finish 100% of Dragon Quest VIII.

• Upvote 1

After a much needed break I'm now in Purgatory Island.

Party average level is 51. I'm coasting for the rest of the game at this point. 

Fell asleep, 3SD stayed open and battery died. I lost Progress and had to do the Evil Leopold fight again and re-enter Purgatory Island.

Whoops.

• Upvote 1

Fell asleep, 3SD stayed open and battery died. I lost Progress and had to do the Evil Leopold fight again and re-enter Purgatory Island.

Whoops.

That sucks. D:

That has happened  to me a couple of times, except I forgot my Nintendo 3DS was running out of battery juice whilst I was awake. D:

I just got to the Black Citdadel, my party is around level 40-41. (Last playthrough I my highest level was 38 when beating the final boss so that's interesting) 

So once I made it to Tryan Gully and found another slime crown I made a Liquid Metal Sword for Red, and DANG blade cascade does absurd damage against bosses. Especially with Morrie and Yangus for Intennso and Helm Splitter Support. She was doing a couple thousand damage per turn against Evil Leopold and Marcello.

Whoops.

That sucks. D:

That has happened  to me a couple of times, except I forgot my Nintendo 3DS was running out of battery juice whilst I was awake. D:

I have both situations happen a lot. I should stop playing when I go to bed, haha.

• Upvote 1

And, after 69+ hours, Rhapthorne has been vanquished. I finished with levels between 45 and 49. Time to start the Dragovian trials...

Correction: Time to start powerleveling again.

• Upvote 1

Just beat baby rhapthorne in the dark citadel. I only ever made it this far on the mobile version before so this was my first time hearing his VO. It is freaking hilarious and I love it.

Edited by SlimeVagrant
  • Upvote 1

Im at the part where you have to gather the Orbs, and I found a 3DS exclusive event...

and of course the ONE time I decide not to have Angelo in my party for a dungeon is the part where Marcello returns. I feel like I missed some dialogue. I also found a strange bug; Apparently Morrie has a party chat with Angelo right after beating Juggerworth, but if you don't have Angelo in your party it shows Jessica speaking Angelo's dialogue instead. Also there's TWO Rusty Old Swords in this game O.o

Edited by SlimeVagrant

Im at the part where you have to gather the Orbs, and I found a 3DS exclusive event...

and of course the ONE time I decide not to have Angelo in my party for a dungeon is the part where Marcello returns. I feel like I missed some dialogue. I also found a strange bug; Apparently Morrie has a party chat with Angelo right after beating Juggerworth, but if you don't have Angelo in your party it shows Jessica speaking Angelo's dialogue instead. Also there's TWO Rusty Old Swords in this game O.o

There's more than 2.

There's more than 2.

:D Postgame right? I couldn't get very far into postgame last playthrough because my team was garbage.

Just finished the game! Can't wait to see what kind see what kind of post-game content is available now. I think first I'm going to perfect my monster teams and try to take down rank X. Also maybe I was mistaken but I thought I heard there was supposed to be alternate endings? Might have to look up how those work because I didn't notice anything.

• Upvote 1

Here's a quick guide to getting each ending.

Standard Medea ending: Just play normally. This is the one you'll get. If you fulfilled the requirements for the standard Jessica ending, you'll be asked some questions. Answer "no", then "yes".

Standard Jessica ending: After events in Arcadia, speak to Rosalind in Alexandria to get Alistair's Armor. Then, sleep in Alexandria's inn. After beating the final boss, answer yes twice to the questions that will be asked.

To get the other two endings, you must clear the post game to receive a particular item.

True Medea ending: After clearing the final boss again, show the special item you got in the post game to King Clavius. If Jessica's requirements were met, answer yes twice to the questions asked.

True Jessica ending: Again, beat the final boss and show King Clavius the item. You'll be asked some questions, to which you should answer "no", "yes", and "yes".

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk