gooieooie

Dragon Quest VIII Progress

Figured we should have one of these for VIII, too! Like the VII one, you can post here to let us know how you're progressing through the game.

I just started the game myself! In Farebury now.

• Upvote 1

The game is still factory sealed and sitting on my coffee table.

Pretty much my scenario, except mine is sitting on my Gamecube.

(I'm trying to figure out if I want to floor the bonus dungeons on DQVII before jumping into DQVIII)

• Upvote 1

I'm waiting for USPS to deliver Dragon Quest VIII.

Pretty much my scenario, except mine is sitting on my Gamecube.

(I'm trying to figure out if I want to floor the bonus dungeons on DQVII before jumping into DQVIII)

I'm only in Hubble, so I have a bit to go before I am done with DQ7.

I just got it! I'm so excited to start playing!

Also the pouch from GameStop is pretty nice.

I just got it! I'm so excited to start playing!

Also the pouch from GameStop is pretty nice.

Europe apparently got a flat plastic keychain. For once, NA got the better pre-order good I'm amazed. 

Farebury is the first goddamn pun I'm greeted with. Even Yangus made a pun by saying, "This Farebury ain't the smallest of towns, though, eh? Feels like just askin' around could take all year!" 

Mine arrived a day early, but I ended up not playing it till today because life.

So I got the game a while ago. And I just accepted Valentina's request to find the crystal ball. Time for some grinding.

Just got the crystal ball myself. Can't wait to see the changes in this game. I've kept myself in the dark mostly about the new features. I played through the mobile version of the game about a year ago which had some improvements like being able to see your skill trees and instant alchemy.

I dont know what the possible alternate ending(s) are, or what the extra story cutscenes involve or what kind of skills red and morrie use. Without spoiling anything, can you get more than one ending on one save file by refighting the final boss? Or is it based on an earlier descision?

Fighting Khalamari! He's defeating me with ease, though, so it looks like I'll be grinding up my levels for a bit.

Mine just got shipped by Amazon. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Grinding around Farebury for now.

I got the game the 18th and i just got to dhoulmagus ar 22 hours doing a lot of side stuff, i think after beating the game like 10 times over the years, makes your playthougs a bit faster. i know nearly all the triggers and stuff XD

Edited by Toonadri

So I've just entered the Ruined Abbey, and the Metal Slimes DON'T disappear on the field like they do in VII. They run from you, but when they stop, they just stop and stay where they are. So grinding levels is going to be a lot easier!

Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 1

On my way to Peregrin Quay.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

So I've just entered the Ruined Abbey, and the Metal Slimes DON'T disappear on the field like they do in VII. They run from you, but when they stop, they just stop and stay where they are. So grinding levels is going to be a lot easier!

Nice! that's really good to know!

Gonna grind up a bit. Surprised to see leveling up heals you now.

That's been nice. I did the first hour just walking around battling to level 6 and never needed an Inn!

I managed to reach Pereguin, and have been grinding and exploring the area. Going to be taking my time with this game, since it has been a long time since I last played this game.

Stopped at Alexandria today and saved 3:30 into it. Back to work on my killer 4000 word paper. Halfway through.

Stopped at Alexandria today and saved 3:30 into it. Back to work on my killer 4000 word paper. Halfway through.

I hope it turns out to be a goo-pendous paper.

Anyway, I'm at Alexandria, about to go to the Tower of Alexandria, clocking in at 2:48.