Sign in to follow this  
kamil88

Voice language change?

Hello

For those of you who already own game, is there an option to change voices to original Japanese? I've played PS2 version so im familiar with English voices, and would love to hear Japanese ones.

Nothing has been said in any English release articles about Japanese voices being left in the game. No one would be able to confirm until the 20th (provided they get their pre-order that day or just walk in and pick up a copy) so you're gonna have to wait 5 more days.

From what I've seen of previews, the "Settings" option doesn't have a feature to change voices, and the miscellaneous menu doesn't have any other options that seem like you can change voices with.

Can't CONFIRM until I get my copy, like Yangus said, but I'm fairly confident you can't.

Highly unlikely as including Japanese voices would effectively double the space requirements for the audio package in an already sprawling piece of software. You can always watch some gameplay on YouTube though if you are interested in hearing the Japanese voices in action.

A bit topic but, will the 3DS be region-free now?  since the Switch will be region-free.

I doubt it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

A bit topic but, will the 3DS be region-free now? since the Switch will be region-free.

I cannot imagine that happening.

Jessicas new voice is so bad.

Jessica has a voice? That's not what I've been focusing on...

Jessicas new voice is so bad.

Jessica has a voice? That's not what I've been focusing on...

Jessica does have a voice. Sadly she only speaks in Puff Puff.

From what I've seen of previews, the "Settings" option doesn't have a feature to change voices, and the miscellaneous menu doesn't have any other options that seem like you can change voices with.

Can't CONFIRM until I get my copy, like Yangus said, but I'm fairly confident you can't.

Some games change that stuff based on the language settings of the system, not an in game setting, but I have no idea if this one does. 

That's true, that's how you play all DS and 3DS DQ games in other languages. However, to my knowledge, only English and Japanese dubs exist, and you can't set Japanese as your 3DS' language unless it's a Japanese system. Likewise, Japanese units only have Japanese as a language option. As a result, you can't get the Japanese language settings on a 3DS from another region, and vice versa.

Edited by gooieooie