Sign in to follow this  
Alexandrious

Time for new action.

I'm just glad to know that what I have been doing is basically the correct way to go about. Phew! I was worried that I wasn't offering enough information about the game.

Anyways, since this still is a thread about taking new action, do you think I should change something? Or maybe try something new? I'm all up for suggestions! 

I'd say we should go to any message boards/social media to take the campaign up front for the release of DQVIII. It'd be the best time to go and spread word of this campaign again.

Edited by Charski
  • Upvote 1

I'd say we should go to any message boards/social media to take the campaign up front for the release of DQVIII. It'd be the best time to go and spread word of this campaign again.

Good idea! I'm very active on Tumblr and Twitter so I'll try my best on those sites. Something like DQ8/DQ10 art might work...

• Upvote 2

We are in a unique position. As we actually play this game, we know more about it than almost anyone else does. Everyone else is going off of often faulty articles they see on the Internet, or preconceived notions and assumptions that get posted by people that don't actually know anything.

It is very important for us to put our best foot forward and be a resource for the others. We want to provide people information, not declare war on them.

We seem petty and confrontational if we let ourselves get drawn into heated arguments over the game. People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are really bad opinions.

When people say the game is ruined because it's an MMO, we should explain how the game has maintained a lot of the traditional elements of Dragon Quest and adapted them into the MMO environment while still staying true to the core of the series. We should talk about how the game has a full fledged story mode that can be played with AI party members, which is quite similar to some of the earlier games in the series.

People will complain about the monthly fee. This is a legitimate complaint, and we shouldn't just assume everyone has luxury money to spend. We can mention the 2 hour kids time, but subscription gaming is indeed a deal breaker to some people, and if that's the case, so be it.

I have a variety of videos available, and people are free to link to them as demonstrators of the battle system. I can even make new videos on request if people want to see how DQX handles certain features.

Remember, above all we want to be seen as a helpful community resource, not as bullies out to squash differing views.

You guys see this? This is the kind of person I'd want informing me. This is the way you talk up the game.

Cranberry, you have my respect for this post.

Sounds like a fun game!

Agreed!

I wonder though if they didn't slap "X" but instead, stated this as a spin-off upfront (DQ XI would then be DQ X), would the people who complained/whined about this being MMO change their minds and consider trying the game out?

This is so far, the best MMORPG I played because of the main DQ core gameplay elements it has. 

Edited by Lightpost
  • Upvote 1

Its not right to call out people who think the Game may never come to the US. Truth is in Project COE's review (which is one of the main video series for a lot of interest in it outside of Japan) he stated that at this time there is no indication that the game will ever come to the us.  and i tend to agree. The game style is also not as instant action orented as many modern MMOs. but still turn based. and by now the graphics are dated too sure the ps4 is gonna get a slight upgrade graphics wise i hear but.  With that and the vast amount of text that would need to be translated, plus adding servers and us customer support.....its quite the larger task then simply porting over say 7 or 8.  Its a nice idea but i dont think its fair to beat people over the head who think otherwise.   Truth is the game may simply never be released in the US.   though you never know.