Sign in to follow this  
Alexandrious

Time for new action.

Due to the Switch presentation, and thus news on DQX, and of course DQXI, more threads and posts about DQX has been popping up all over the place now, new threads, talking about DQX and possible western localization.  

And of course, what brings with this, is the usual $#!&-posters saying the usual garbage.  Be it on reddit, neo-gaf, news site comments, etc.  Before all this I pretty much quelled near every doomsayer and shitposter, far as the english side goes, across the vast dimension known as the internet.  But now, more of these trolls are coming out, and spreading false information, shitposting, and doomsaying.  

Please, when you have time, assist me in educating and correcting, these demons, make them see the light, or the very least, shield those who are being poisoned by their malevolence.  During your crusades spread word of the DQX Campaign, and the on-going support for it, and how to help support getting it to the west.  

Without doing this, support will likely dwindle, when it can be improved, but while these troublesome shitposters keep spreading negativity around, its going to cause people to forget about  trying to support, instead of all banding together, to support.  

I already launched attacks on particular shitposters on IGN comments, and on Reddit threads.  Please back me up on this. Soma, Lliam, Imutone, and others.  We need to keep at it. 

Please, when you have time, assist me in educating and correcting, these demons, make them see the light, or the very least, shield those who are being poisoned by their malevolence.

Eh... to Nazi-like for my taste. I'm just down for a meme or 2. And I don't visit those sites, just here. See no evil, believe there is no evil. I'm happy. Don't watch the news either. Life is a happy place!

• Upvote 3

You must think you're a real hero for going after random people on the Internet just because of comments they make about a video game.

• Upvote 3

You must think you're a real hero for going after random people on the Internet just because of comments they make about a video game.

Gotta be done, its a no-brainer that if one person goes off spouting negativity on something, especially when that negativity stems from pure ignorance of the object at hand, unless he is contended, over 100 will just silently agree with him, and that many people will be much harder to sway in the future.   

But I understand if people are unwilling to take action, its time consuming work, and everyone's got stuff they rather be doing.  I dont do this to be a "Hero".  I do this because DQX is the game I want more than anything in 30 years of playing video games, and I believe I have so far, shown that. 

Edited by Alexandrious
  • Upvote 1

While Alex can be a bit... Dramatic, his comments are getting more positive and uplifting sounding, which helps if people are doubting localization could be possible. I know this because I see him regularly on DQX articles starting off with the sentence, "The Travis Touchdown of DQX" haha.

Anyways, I'll start up art again soon! I'm getting real gosh dang rusty. If I see anyone being hopeless on Twitter/Tumblr, I'll give them a polite reminder on why they should push for DQX. 

No, you do this because you think you have the right of it. Why don't you do everyone a favor and just pipe down. No one needs you trying to shove the game down their throats. If the game comes, great. If it doesn't, too bad. The world's not gonna end.

Aside from that, people are entitled to their own opinion. Believe it or not, they may still not like the game no matter what you say. Maybe go try and appeal to the actual MMO crowd. I'm sure they'd listen to your spiel, provided you can stand to not be a dick about it.

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk
  • Upvote 6

Please, when you have time, assist me in educating and correcting, these demons, make them see the light, or the very least, shield those who are being poisoned by their malevolence.

Eh... to Nazi-like for my taste. I'm just down for a meme or 2. And I don't visit those sites, just here. See no evil, believe there is no evil. I'm happy. Don't watch the news either. Life is a happy place!

We could always use more memes! How many have I made now... Like 3? I guess this post could be one. 

• Upvote 1

No, you do this because you think you have the right of it. Why do you do everyone a favor and just pipe down. No one needs you trying to shove the game down their throats. If the game comes, great. If it doesn't, too bad. The world's not gonna end.

Aside from that, people are entitled to their own opinion. Believe it or not, they may still not like the game no matter what you say. Maybe go try and appeal to the actual MMO crowd. I'm sure they'd listen to your spiel, provided you can stand to not be a dick about it.

And that line of thinking, is why your not out there, talking to these negative posters, and giving them the actual truth about the game, and instead, sitting on the side lines and watching events unfold.  

You either do or you dont.  Even people who hate mmos, or never played one before, I managed to turn them into fervently wanting the game, once they have received all the true facts about the game.

$#!&@ about my methods if you want, I dont care, but at least my methods work.  So you can do ME a favor, and keep your negativity out, you are however, free to get off your arse, and maybe actually help out, if you got that much GUSTO to be screamin and moanin. 

But till then, least I am doing something, cant say the same for you and those who think like you. 

/golfclap

Edit: For Imu: Good twitter post btw....hmm...I can use that. 

Edited by Alexandrious
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, no. You are an unrepentant ass, and I can honestly say that you don't deserved to be listened to. Unless the haters are being active dicks to you personally, you should not address them in any way that isn't wholly polite.

Oh, and guess what? I'm not negative toward the game at all. If it comes out, I'll consider playing it, but it isn't something I care deeply about because I don't play MMOs. I'm more a single player guy, so that's where my priorities lie.

The point I'm trying to make is that people deserve to be treated with basic human decency and not talked down to like they're children. Instead of "educating" people, how about politely informing them? Makes you look good, and does the job just as well.

• Upvote 2

You're not storming the beaches of Normandy, mate. It's a game.

If people don't want to play it they shouldn't have to drum up support for it. It's not an all-or-nothing thing, liking a series. You don't need to support every game and the franchise won't die out if one doesn't make it over. We've been spoiled for choice in the last few months, if anything.

I couldn't care less if the Monsters games come out so I'm not gonna try to spread the word about it, because it would be wrong of me to get people hyped up for something I don't care about. A lot of people here feel the same about X, since it's an MMO, not a traditional Dragon Quest RPG.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 4

Really though what is ''helping''? I really doubt arguing over the internet to random people is that. Not everyone is gonna like the same things and ''educating'' them won't magically make them like it. Me and friend of mine traded between my Dq and his Monster Hunter, we both ''know'' about it from the other but neither game clicked. What IS helping is bringing up stuff to the developers. Fan outcry is what got 7 here.

• Upvote 2

Sometimes I don't like it when people speak their minds either. But unfortunately they have a right to do so. We really need new laws.

Edited by SlimeVagrant
  • Upvote 1

The point I'm trying to make is that people deserve to be treated with basic human decency and not talked down to like they're children. Instead of "educating" people, how about politely informing them? Makes you look good, and does the job just as well.

Yeah, that's the biggest takeaway here, I think. I can understand you wanting DQX to be localized more than any other game, but if you're trying to drum up support, don't tell people to be "very, very careful" about how they respond to what you say. If somebody says, "Dragon Quest X won't be successful in the West!", and you disagree, just tell them why you think so! I think that would probably be more effective than talking down to them to educate, anyways.

Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 1

Seems some of you dont really understand.  Which honestly? Is the problem with todays society, your content to sit on the side lines, not doing anything, and then $#!&@ and complain about things when something is wrong.

When instead, you can get off your ass, and try and do something about it.  

Pretty much sums up how the United States is right now.  

The problem with Shitposters is, you can try to play the nice route with them, and "disagree" and explain things to them, even with logic, facts and truths, and yet they will still respond with more well, $#!&.  

But when you put them down, talk down to them, and use persistence, brutal logic, and truths, they will kick, scream, and bullshit, revealing their true nature, and eventually, they will tire out, succumb, and admit to defeat.  

I had many, MANY who succumbed, after they had no more b.s cards to try and play, after being beaten, with logic and truths, in every, which way.  

So in reality, the BIGGEST take away here is, it seems only Soma, Lliam, Imu, and a few others, have any real GUSTO around here, and actually wants to do things to get $#!& done.  Meanwhile most of you, are content, to sit on the side lines, and just be part of the crowd, instead of one of the players, to simply give empty judgement, without lifting a finger to do something yourselves.  

I dont care if you wanna be a bystander, just dont try to bullshit me on what to do and what not to do, way I see it, your not doing anything, except the ones I mentioned, and those few others out there who ARE doing something.  They get my respect.  So dont come on this thread, to $#!&@ and bullshit, when your not even willing to actually do something, to support the localization campaign.  

My methods may be direct, and brutal, but it gets results.  Dont like it? Too bad, when I see you up and around creating pictures, or trying to converse with SE PR, or making Videos promoting the game, or twittering/facebooking/posting repeatedly to support the game, then you can talk to me and give me suggestions and your opinion.  Otherwise, stay out of my thread, its for enablers, not passives.  

Im gonna leave a little inspiration here for the Passives.  Maybe it will get you motivated.  

Now, If you will excuse me, I got some targets on a particular reddit, that needs the proper....guidance.

/golfclap 

Edited by Alexandrious

We don't do anything? The petitions and social media campaigns and bringing our grievances to Square Enix don't count? Maybe they don't have any effect, but they certainly do a lot more than yelling at people on the Internet that are either expressing their personal opinions or trolling you because you'll take the bait. 

• Upvote 4

But when you put them down, talk down to them, and use persistence, brutal logic, and truths, they will kick, scream, and bullshit, revealing their true nature, and eventually, they will tire out, succumb, and admit to defeat.  

D5veJQj.gif

• Upvote 3

Seems some of you dont really understand.  Which honestly? Is the problem with todays society, your content to sit on the side lines, not doing anything, and then $#!&@ and complain about things when something is wrong.

When instead, you can get off your ass, and try and do something about it.  

Pretty much sums up how the United States is right now.  

The problem with Shitposters is, you can try to play the nice route with them, and "disagree" and explain things to them, even with logic, facts and truths, and yet they will still respond with more well, $#!&.  

I had many, MANY who succumbed, after they had no more b.s cards to try and play, after being beaten, with logic and truths, in every, which way.  

So in reality, the BIGGEST take away here is, it seems only Soma, Lliam, Imu, and a few others, have any real GUSTO around here, and actually wants to do things to get $#!& done.  Meanwhile most of you, are content, to sit on the side lines, and just be part of the crowd, instead of one of the players, to simply give empty judgement, without lifting a finger to do something yourselves.  

I dont care if you wanna be a bystander, just dont try to bullshit me on what to do and what not to do, way I see it, your not doing anything, except the ones I mentioned, and those few others out there who ARE doing something.  They get my respect.  So dont come on this thread, to $#!&@ and bullshit, when your not even willing to actually do something, to support the localization campaign.  

My methods may be direct, and brutal, but it gets results.  Dont like it? Too bad, when I see you up and around creating pictures, or trying to converse with SE PR, or making Videos promoting the game, or twittering/facebooking/posting repeatedly to support the game, then you can talk to me and give me suggestions and your opinion.  Otherwise, stay out of my thread, its for enablers, not passives.  

Im gonna leave a little inspiration here for the Passives.  Maybe it will get you motivated.  

Now, If you will excuse me, I got some targets on a particular reddit, that needs the proper....guidance.

/golfclap 

• Upvote 6

^Best post of the whole thread, and IMO the best use I've seen of Filthy Frank's "it's time to stop," clip.

• Upvote 1

^Best post of the whole thread, and IMO the best use I've seen of Filthy Frank's "it's time to stop," clip.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

Sit around? Yeah, that's what we do... On the other side...you admit that your plan is to put people down until they agree with you? Do you really understand what that means? Do you really think that's the right thing to do? This is exactly why there's so much toxicity on the internet, you're not the only person with this mindset, the ''You don't agree with me so you're wrong'' mentality. Well wake up! That's not how the world works. You can't just think belittling someone will make them side with you....Don't get me wrong, Alexander, I'm no longer speaking about you specifically, but the online community as a whole. But I will say what you are doing is hurtful and absolutely wrong

• Upvote 4

It's a little sad that in this day and age when it's now no longer uncommon for new generation of parents to ignore their very young children curse or swear because they're just "words". Arguing that if humans didn't come up with a thing such as "formalities", we wouldn't have been offended by such words in the first place.

Also, we almost can't tell if things that are actually wrong are being masqueraded as something else by delivering it in a way to make it appear as an "opinion", when in fact, it can subconsciously affect some people's point of view about stuff. 

"Hey, it's just his opinion."

Yet, we don't know that some people who disagree about certain things, would've agreed in the first place if it weren't because those said "opinions", coupled with the trend, environment, etc., that they're in has affected them in some way.

Sometimes, we can't always just sit down and ignore stuff because it's blissful that way. Otherwise, the difference between what is right and wrong, good and bad, will slowly start to become obscure sooner than later.

Anyway, Alexandrious and his campaign remind me a lot of a scene int a Studio Ghibli film that I just recently watched; From Up on Poppy Hill;
there's this guy and a bunch of his classmates who didn't approve of their school tearing down an old building to have a new one replaced because of personal reasons -- the old building gives them a connection to their past or something along that line. 

He had an "opinion" about how the old building must be kept and was very passionate about it that he went through the hassle of personally approaching the school chairman to change his mind. And thankfully, the chairman obliged and decided to build the new building somewhere else instead.

I get the feeling that most of the people here wouldn't like that part of the movie because the guy's passion seems very misplaced; 
"There are far more important things in life than old school buildings." or "Who is he to press his beliefs against the school chairman?"

As for me, I'll be just like that guy if Square suddenly decides to turn the main DQ series into an ARPG. 
If I can, I'll approach Horii-San himself and beg him to "build the "new" school building someplace else", in non-figurative words, reboot the DQ Heroes and turn it into a proper ARPG series.

Edited by Lightpost

No, that's not it at all. It has NOTHING to do with formalities or passion or opinions or anything like that, but the way he's going about it. The fact that he's belittling people is what I have problems with. It's the fact the he thinks the people who disagree with with him are wrong,

Edited by Jay the Hawkhart Ace
  • Upvote 3

We are in a unique position.  As we actually play this game, we know more about it than almost anyone else does.  Everyone else is going off of often faulty articles they see on the Internet, or preconceived notions and assumptions that get posted by people that don't actually know anything.

It is very important for us to put our best foot forward and be a resource for the others.  We want to provide people information, not declare war on them.

We seem petty and confrontational if we let ourselves get drawn into heated arguments over the game.  People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are really bad opinions.

When people say the game is ruined because it's an MMO, we should explain how the game has maintained a lot of the traditional elements of Dragon Quest and adapted them into the MMO environment while still staying true to the core of the series.  We should talk about how the game has a full fledged story mode that can be played with AI party members, which is quite similar to some of the earlier games in the series.

People will complain about the monthly fee.  This is a legitimate complaint, and we shouldn't just assume everyone has luxury money to spend.  We can mention the 2 hour kids time, but subscription gaming is indeed a deal breaker to some people, and if that's the case, so be it.

I have a variety of videos available, and people are free to link to them as demonstrators of the battle system.  I can even make new videos on request if people want to see how DQX handles certain features.

Remember, above all we want to be seen as a helpful community resource, not as bullies out to squash differing views.

• Upvote 9

We are in a unique position. As we actually play this game, we know more about it than almost anyone else does. Everyone else is going off of often faulty articles they see on the Internet, or preconceived notions and assumptions that get posted by people that don't actually know anything.

It is very important for us to put our best foot forward and be a resource for the others. We want to provide people information, not declare war on them.

We seem petty and confrontational if we let ourselves get drawn into heated arguments over the game. People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are really bad opinions.

When people say the game is ruined because it's an MMO, we should explain how the game has maintained a lot of the traditional elements of Dragon Quest and adapted them into the MMO environment while still staying true to the core of the series. We should talk about how the game has a full fledged story mode that can be played with AI party members, which is quite similar to some of the earlier games in the series.

People will complain about the monthly fee. This is a legitimate complaint, and we shouldn't just assume everyone has luxury money to spend. We can mention the 2 hour kids time, but subscription gaming is indeed a deal breaker to some people, and if that's the case, so be it.

I have a variety of videos available, and people are free to link to them as demonstrators of the battle system. I can even make new videos on request if people want to see how DQX handles certain features.

Remember, above all we want to be seen as a helpful community resource, not as bullies out to squash differing views.

You guys see this? This is the kind of person I'd want informing me. This is the way you talk up the game.

Cranberry, you have my respect for this post.

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk
  • Upvote 3

We are in a unique position. As we actually play this game, we know more about it than almost anyone else does. Everyone else is going off of often faulty articles they see on the Internet, or preconceived notions and assumptions that get posted by people that don't actually know anything.

It is very important for us to put our best foot forward and be a resource for the others. We want to provide people information, not declare war on them.

We seem petty and confrontational if we let ourselves get drawn into heated arguments over the game. People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are really bad opinions.

When people say the game is ruined because it's an MMO, we should explain how the game has maintained a lot of the traditional elements of Dragon Quest and adapted them into the MMO environment while still staying true to the core of the series. We should talk about how the game has a full fledged story mode that can be played with AI party members, which is quite similar to some of the earlier games in the series.

People will complain about the monthly fee. This is a legitimate complaint, and we shouldn't just assume everyone has luxury money to spend. We can mention the 2 hour kids time, but subscription gaming is indeed a deal breaker to some people, and if that's the case, so be it.

I have a variety of videos available, and people are free to link to them as demonstrators of the battle system. I can even make new videos on request if people want to see how DQX handles certain features.

You guys see this? This is the kind of person I'd want informing me. This is the way you talk up the game.

Cranberry, you have my respect for this post.

Sounds like a fun game!
  • Upvote 2