Ragnar in Heroes I/II Switch, it seems

Glaceon Mage

Was he DLC in the original or something?

He can be spotted in the final montage from the Switch presentation.

(Nintendo has not properly edited the video yet, but for now skip to 1:25:32)

And for an added bonus:

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Shortly afterwards it looks like one of the Dragon Ball Xenoverse games are going to be on the switch also. I don't remember them mentioning that during the proper presentation.

No, he wasn't part of the DLC for Heroes 1 or 2, so he's a brand new addition.

Malroth also made an appearance, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't part of the DLC either. The DragonLord was the Erdrick trilogy boss for Heroes 2, so unless I'm mistaken they've added Malroth to round up the Erdrick trilogy big bads.

I haven't been too impressed with Heroes the more I've played it. Actually, the game itself it's fine, it's the obnoxious side quests that have bogged down the experience. I may just skip doing them because going off to find certain drops is not fun in a DQ game.

I haven't been too impressed with Heroes the more I've played it. Actually, the game itself it's fine, it's the obnoxious side quests that have bogged down the experience. I may just skip doing them because going off to find certain drops is not fun in a DQ game.

You really gonna hate it when you have to grind out the mini medals, then.

• Upvote 2

Is there any information on DQHI/II releasing in the US? I know it's coming for Japanese Switch launch, but what about overseas?

Is there any information on DQHI/II releasing in the US?

No.

Is there any information on DQHI/II releasing in the US? I know it's coming for Japanese Switch launch, but what about overseas?

You can just import it, baby! No Region locking!

Also this.

The new content for the combined DQ Heroes game is cool, but my theory is they're gonna put in more monsters from DQX that r related to the classic recurring foes (Black Shirt, Starryimp, Queen Sanguini to name a few) and other character and villain content, but we're gonna have to take my theory with a grain of salt. 

Malroth also made an appearance, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't part of the DLC either. The DragonLord was the Erdrick trilogy boss for Heroes 2, so unless I'm mistaken they've added Malroth to round up the Erdrick trilogy big bads.

That Malroth clip shows the heroes from DQH 1+2 fighting him, right? The 2 main people from each game?

That Malroth clip shows the heroes from DQH 1+2 fighting him, right? The 2 main people from each game?

It's probably from Heroes 2 side of the dual release since you can use every character from the Heroes games. Maybe they put in the main characters from both for dramatic effect?

• Upvote 1

Best Buy has it up for preorder last I checked.

Amazon too, with a placeholder date: https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-Heros-1-2-Switch/dp/B01NASEX0C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484413374&sr=8-3&keywords=dragon+quest+heroes+1+%26+2

When it does release, don't expect it anytime soon.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot releasing it before or near the PS4 release of Heroes II, why buy DQHII when you can get both with new content for the same price?

• Upvote 1

Amazon too, with a placeholder date: https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-Heros-1-2-Switch/dp/B01NASEX0C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484413374&sr=8-3&keywords=dragon+quest+heroes+1+%26+2

Maybe I'll skip the Ps4 version and get this.

Would this count as a preorder for the contest Platty?

Ehh... I'd rather run a separate quest for that. The point of those quests are to encourage preorders to show Squeenix we want them. I'd rather there be 2 so people can show they want it twice as much. Give me a day or two.

Amazon too, with a placeholder date: https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-Heros-1-2-Switch/dp/B01NASEX0C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484413374&sr=8-3&keywords=dragon+quest+heroes+1+%26+2

Maybe I'll skip the Ps4 version and get this.

Would this count as a preorder for the contest Platty?

Ehh... I'd rather run a separate quest for that. The point of those quests are to encourage preorders to show Squeenix we want them. I'd rather there be 2 so people can show they want it twice as much. Give me a day or two.

I agree with this, since SE is holding the games hostage behind sales. 

Ryan, huh? So this series seems more and more like Dragon Quest IV Heroes. :)

Except for the hero (male and female) and Burai.

I wish I could read Princess Lily's reaction to Sydow/Malroth being that size in the game.

So have they announced bringing this to the US yet? Seems like a simple thing to do to help Nintendo with their launch line up.

No, sadly.

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if we have a Japanese release date.

I read it is a launch title for the Switch in Japan.

As long as they release it here, I don't mind if they wait a little, so they only announce it after the PS version has been out for some months.

• 3 weeks later...

Have they announced whether or not this will be coming out in the US yet? I plan on getting the PS4 version of DQH2, but I would love to have a portable version of 1 & 2 as well. It would give me a reason to buy a switch this year.