Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest VIII Reviews Thread

So that's where your avatar comes from! That's been bugging me ever since I joined the Den.

Really? It's not that obscure.

Then again, I've spent a decent portion of my life trying to recall an animated music video I saw as a kid with blue characters, only for me to figure out it was not only a Daft Punk music video, Erdrick was using it for a time as his profile picture (or is he still using it?), and it also just so happened to feature character designs by the legendary Leiji Matsumoto. So I guess I can relate in a way.

I recognized your profile pic right away. A friend had shown me Yellow Submarine a few years before I joined the Den, and when I saw you posting I was surprised to see someone with the Blue Meanie as a profile picture.

Back when the Den let you have both an avatar and a separate profile picture, I also used Jeremy Hilary Boob as my profile picture.

Happy Console Gamer released his review of Dragon Quest VIII on YouTube around 2 hours ago. Although he didn't give a numerical score, he did recommend this game.

I just about to actually post this video. HappyConsoleGamer always does good reviews, and he's pretty chill.

I watched that video review, and I appreciate him and his appreciation for DQ. 

I also appreciate the fact that one of Morrie's innuendo laced attacks is named "Swing Both Ways".

• Upvote 1

So, Electric Playground gave a review of Dragon Quest VIII with a numerical score. Does anyone know Electric Playground?

Nope.

Nope.

Mostly this, but I might've heard mention of them once.

While not a review, it IS encouraging to see that of the many many viewers on Nintendolife, over 500 have voted on their "what will you download this week" poll, and 22% of them answered "Dragon Quest VIII".  It shows promise, based on these scanty stats.  Trifling numbers, I know but still.