Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

DQ8: Exploration Gameplay & 30 Min Stream Tomorrow

So, a YouTuber by the name of NomComms has released 5 minutes of Dragon Quest VIII footage in terms of exploration and combat, which you can take a look below.

And NomComms will also host a 30 minute Dragon Quest VIII stream on YouTube on 8 January 2017 at the following times:

6am (PST)

7am (MST)

8am (CST)

9am (EST)

And below is where the stream is hosted.

Edited by Dakhil

Can't believe you never played it before, Drago. It ties with DQ5 for my second favorite of the series, and sometimes even clashes with DQ7 for my top spot.

I've just never really gotten around to it, but it looks amazing. At least I've gotten to enjoy through the world of Let's Plays.

Let's Plays, allowing you to vicariously play video games.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

That's not really the same experience as playing the game yourself though. I remember watching LPs of Chrono Trigger and Earthbound and somewhat enjoying them, but when I played the games for myself it was like I was actually experiencing them for the first time even though I had watched others play through the game.

It's true LPs can let you "play" through a game if you don't have the time, but on the flipside you could use that time to play a game rather than watch someone play it instead. Just my two cents, so ignore my ramblings.

I get what you mean. I also watched LPs of Chrono Trigger before I actually experienced the game. Also I haven't watched a Lets Play in a while, sometimes I watch some of HCBailleys, but that's about it.

I get what you mean. I also watched LPs of Chrono Trigger before I actually experienced the game. Also I haven't watched a Lets Play in a while, sometimes I watch some of HCBailleys, but that's about it.

I lean more toward screenshot LPs rather than video ones, but I enjoy them often. Most of the time I read/watch ones for games I've played, but I have experienced some via an LP alone. If the LPer is competent and thorough, you can see most, if not all a game has to offer.

I'm currently enjoying an LP of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX by the Super Gaming Brothers. They've made it pretty funny, and I recommend their LPs as a whole.

The stream's no longer live. But you can watch the stream here!

Edit: At 10:29 in the video above, the streamer mentions that he can't do a review until 10 January 2017. That means the review embargo will be lifted 2 days from now. Exciting times!

Edited by Dakhil