A hint to DQXI's localization

Sword_of_Dusk

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/dragon-quest-producer-talks-series-popularity-west-hints-dragon-quest-xi-localization

I think most of us were confident we'd get DQXI, but this is even more evidence to support that.

Definately reassuring to hear.

Finally the arguments about "Stop pushing X and push XI" can be put to rest. Thank goodness. 

Big shoutout to Yu Miyake though. I wonder if Square Enix is mad at him for dropping the hint that DQXI is gonna be localized just like when Yuji Horii announced DQVII was coming to France.

They also seem to further support continued use of a traditional battle system, so people hopefully will stop panicking.

Maybe it's because I only visit here and Facebook, but I've literally never seen one person panic; rather I've only seen this comment over and over about these "people" panicking.

Believe me, there are a few people panicking.

Good. Let them. Freaking idiots. There's enough important-to-me-and-my-family-living things in this world to panic about. Let those bums waste their life and mental health on that $#!&.

Believe me, there are a few people panicking.

Good. Let them. Freaking idiots. There's enough important-to-me-and-my-family-living things in this world to panic about. Let those bums waste their life and mental health on that $#!&.

I have to admit that I was really worried when rumor mongers told how DQ XI will be more action-oriented according to the Jump Festa presentation. 

I no longer think it's automatically the end of my DQ-appreciation if the main series will eventually follows FF's suit and turn into an ARPG. 

Just as long as they decide to reboot DQ Heroes into a turn-based spin-off. :laugh:  

• Upvote 1

It would be nice if you had a option. a traditional mode and action mode.

It would be nice if you had a option. a traditional mode and action mode.

Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Pretty much like how the 3DS both has 3D and 2D, the PS4 should also have something similar -- we can switch between classic turn-based and action-based. But that will definitely take a lot more time to cook though....

Still, I'd rather have DQ titles that deviate from its classic core gameplay as spin-offs.

It would be better if DQ will go back to its trilogy-esque titles but instead, make the main title turn-based while the second game and/or third game an ARPG within the same world/universe of the main title but in a different timeline and new sets of characters. 

This would definitely shut people's mouths up.

Edited by Lightpost

Bring XI over, forget X!

Best post, 11 outta 10, go Seahawks.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Bring XI over, forget X!

Enough...

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYlE1NWeBR4]

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Bring XI over, forget X!

+10 to Platty's rank. Great post.

• Upvote 2

Localize all versions of DQXI,  PS4 - 3DS - Switch, in a timely fashion.

That is the dream.