New NHK footage

Emptilion

Alright, just found a short clip about some of the new ps4 footage on youtube. Don't know if anybody has uploaded the 3ds footage yet, I haven't seen it so far.

I hear they did a little documentary and they showed some new dq11 footage.

It wasn't to long, and I have no idea what they talked about exactely.

But the new ps4 footage "while short" was really cool.

The dragon flight looked really cool.

Looks like you are actually flying over the actual map, not some shrunken down map like 8.

Combat definately looks like it is seamless, and plays out on the world map.

It also does look like it may retain some elements from 10.

It was to short to really make any definitive conclusions however.

I could even see it being some fancy "first strike" type of system instead. After he hits the enemy the triangle button appeared on the bottom left of the screen, and it said sakusen next to it "which apperantly means battle plan".

Ah, thank you. That is a longer video than the one I found.

- The way he one-hit killed the (weak) enemy without actually starting a battle reminds me of EarthBound... 
  I have a hunch that it's also possible for enemies in the background to join in on the fight after certain number of turns depending on their distance. Looking back at the old battle screenshots, we might get something like "The Drackies in the background have noticed the party's presence and are approaching the battle...." "The Drackies have joined the fight!"

- And it does look a lot like DQ X where there are no separate battle area/map.  

- Just like my hunch, this game does have a camping mechanic! "キャンプメニュー"

- It also looks like we get to actually explore the whole continent and the sky inch by inch unlike DQ VIII! Seems like we can control the altitude of those dragon mounts. 

- 0:09 - I wonder if those roman alphabets there is actually the word "Minime-dal" and if they've actually started working on the localization. Or maybe it's just one of those occasional English words in a Japanese game thing.

- Someone was playing it with an Xbox 360 Controller!!! Please come to PC!  :cry2: 

Edited by Lightpost
  • Upvote 1

- Someone was playing it with an Xbox 360 Controller!!! Please come to PC!  :cry2: 

It looks like an Xbox 360 controller, so it is probably just being used for the dev kit. Although a PC release would be nice too!

It looks like an Xbox 360 controller, so it is probably just being used for the dev kit. Although a PC release would be nice too!

Yeah, the fact that it is played with a 360 controller really doesn't mean much. But the more systems the better ofcourse.

The camping feature looks really cool .

We'll be able to talk with out party members,saving and doing recipes with the alchemy pot aparently.

I wonder if party chat is replaced by this.

Edited by Toonadri

We'll be able to talk with out party members,saving and doing recipes with the alchemy pot aparently.

I hope not. Party Chat should be just like it was in the previous games that has it -- anytime, anywhere (as long as you have someone in your party, of course).

Camping is likely an "Inn" in the wilderness, where you need to look for camp sites to set it up. Or hopefully, camping is a consumable resource (Tent item?) that you have to be prudent with so that we still have those situations where you badly need to run to the nearest Inn to heal up. I love those "oh dear, this is bad" moments.

I could even see it being some fancy "first strike" type of system instead. After he hits the enemy the triangle button appeared on the bottom left of the screen, and it said sakusen next to it "which apperantly means battle plan".

There are people who are starting to question again if the game is turn-based or not because of that very short "first strike" system.... 

It really reminds me a lot of EarthBound where you can also see enemies roaming around. When you touch a weak enemy that can be

one-hit killed, instead of transitioning into the battle screen, the enemy just dies on the spot and you simply get a text box showing how much experience and money you earned.

It's still obviously turn-based if they observe that part carefully.

It was just like you said, a preemptive strike on what seems to be a non-aggro monster.

If you watch carefully, the other monster suddenly ran toward next to the spot where his buddy originally stood right before being thrown away by the critical hit.

It looked a lot like it was supposed to line up next to it just like how the enemies stand next to each other in the battle screenshots.

But when its turn came, instead of attacking the Hero, it ran away instead. 

You can also see the text box afterwards, probably saying the classic "The monsters were defeated!" text.

After all the hack-and-slash games I've played this year, this is gonna be a breath of fresh air for me! 

Edited by Lightpost
  • Upvote 1

I hope not. Party Chat should be just like it was in the previous games that has it -- anytime, anywhere (as long as you have someone in your party, of course).

Camping is likely an "Inn" in the wilderness, where you need to look for camp sites to set it up. Or hopefully, camping is a consumable resource (Tent item?) that you have to be prudent with so that we still have those situations where you badly need to run to the nearest Inn to heal up. I love those "oh dear, this is bad" moments.

There are people who are starting to question again if the game is turn-based or not because of that very short "first strike" system.... 

It really reminds me a lot of EarthBound where you can also see enemies roaming around. When you touch a weak enemy that can be

one-hit killed, instead of transitioning into the battle screen, the enemy just dies on the spot and you simply get a text box showing how much experience and money you earned.

It's still obviously turn-based if they observe that part carefully.

It was just like you said, a preemptive strike on what seems to be a non-aggro monster.

If you watch carefully, the other monster suddenly ran toward next to the spot where his buddy originally stood right before being thrown away by the critical hit.

It looked a lot like it was supposed to line up next to it just like how the enemies stand next to each other in the battle screenshots.

But when its turn came, instead of attacking the Hero, it ran away instead. 

You can also see the text box afterwards, probably saying the classic "The monsters were defeated!" text.

After all the hack-and-slash games I've played this year, this is gonna be a breath of fresh air for me! 

And that monster shown was a new one or a classic, right?